Hilton Vancouver Airport {CAN}

Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Unfortunately not, given the density around the area. Hardly any street parking (there's some but very precious little). Everything is time limited though if you leave early, you may be able to get away with parking at either of the close-by malls (they may tow though) or a big box store or two. How far are you willing to walk?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by MisterNice
You are correct and not all the rooms are 2 room suites. I guess I was upgraded on all my stays there as a Diamond but I definately was told all rooms are suites.
Also another thing is if they are indeed all 2 room suites, they would have never say "you got an upgrade to a suite". I heard that phrase everytime at check in when I am a gold. It is not a junior suite or presidential suite either, just plain-o ES style suite.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Unfortunately not, given the density around the area. Hardly any street parking (there's some but very precious little). Everything is time limited though if you leave early, you may be able to get away with parking at either of the close-by malls (they may tow though) or a big box store or two. How far are you willing to walk?
10-15 minutes, maybe? Assuming the parking is in a safe part of town, of course.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by yashan
Does anyone know of cheap (or even free) over-night parking near the Hilton YVR? I will have a car with me and the hotel wants another 12 CAD plus taxes for parking per night. Thanks.
We left our car there once and had no problems, however... it's the kind of parking that worries me regarding break-ins or vandalism. It's an unsecured parking garage and we experienced a break-in quite some number of years ago at a similarly insecure place in Seattle. I'd rather take my chances in a wide-open parking lot.

FWIW there's a thread here on YVR parking. We've used the Park'N Fly a couple of times recently.

No upgrades as Diamonds at the property itself - it's okay but nothing spectacular.

Cheers,
Fredd
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Fredd

No upgrades as Diamonds at the property itself - it's okay but nothing spectacular.
Well did they give you a suite or regular room ? If it is a suite, then it is already an upgrade.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Well did they give you a suite or regular room ? If it is a suite, then it is already an upgrade.
It was a room - that's why I said no upgrade unless you count a private bathroom.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
We left our car there once and had no problems, however... it's the kind of parking that worries me regarding break-ins or vandalism. It's an unsecured parking garage and we experienced a break-in quite some number of years ago at a similarly insecure place in Seattle. I'd rather take my chances in a wide-open parking lot.

FWIW there's a thread here on YVR parking. We've used the Park'N Fly a couple of times recently.

Cheers,
Fredd
I've parked here numerous times over the last few years and haven't had a problem with break-ins (although YMMV).

As a diamond, I've always been upgraded to a one bedroom suite - usually in the corner. As others have pointed out the hotel is mostly suites but there are some regular hotel rooms as well. Overall I quite like this hotel and the staff has always been friendly and treated me well.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 4:16 pm

Cheers,
Fredd

I guess I wasn't clear with my question. I'm staying at the Hilton YVR but do not want to pay to park my car there overnight. I wanted to know if there was any free (and safe) parking in the area to help me save $12+tax/night.

Also, thanks for the link but it doesn't really apply to my situation. I need short-term parking (i.e. overnight) that's cheap (or free), and safe. Any other suggestions?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 4:26 pm

Thanks for the link, but it doesn't really apply to my situation. I need short-term parking (i.e. overnight) that's cheap (or free), and safe. Any other suggestions?
Sorry, none from me. I can't add anything to YVR Cockroach's reply a few posts up but hopefully somebody can.

Cheers,
Fredd
Old Sep 25, 2009, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Also, thanks for the link but it doesn't really apply to my situation. I need short-term parking (i.e. overnight) that's cheap (or free), and safe. Any other suggestions?
There's a few malls/shopping & restaurant lots (Richmond Centre, Lansdowne, the one where the London Drugs is and the ever-popular Shanghai River) but you risk having your car towed. On Firbridge Way (other side of Minoru), there are a few free but time-limited street parking spots but these almost always are full. Pity one can't park at the empty former Pontiac/GMC dealer lot right across Minoru from the hotel. There's also street meter parking on the side roads (e.g., Saba, Buswell) on the opposite side of the No. 3 Rd/Westminster Highway. Not sure what their hours are.

Just rent a domestic car and no one will touch it.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
There's a few malls/shopping & restaurant lots (Richmond Centre, Lansdowne, the one where the London Drugs is and the ever-popular Shanghai River) but you risk having your car towed. On Firbridge Way (other side of Minoru), there are a few free but time-limited street parking spots but these almost always are full. Pity one can't park at the empty former Pontiac/GMC dealer lot right across Minoru from the hotel. There's also street meter parking on the side roads (e.g., Saba, Buswell) on the opposite side of the No. 3 Rd/Westminster Highway. Not sure what their hours are.

Just rent a domestic car and no one will touch it.

Fantastic! Thanks, YVR Cockroach. I'll scout them out tomorrow when I'm at the hotel. ^

And I do have a domestic car but am still afraid someone will touch it.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 6:32 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
I know this thread has not been updated in over two years...however, still a lot of useful info here so have updated this thread instead of creating a new one..MODS feel free to modify if you feel otherwise.

Some points worth noting:

-20 % discount on food and drink at the restaurant or lounge here for HHonors members. (you need to mention this before you order). I think this would apply even if you were not staying the night.

-No diamond welcome drinks or snacks. Only 1 bottle of water in room that is $ 4.50, which for an airport hotel and status guests is not good...buy or bring some water with you!

-hotel shuttle to / from airport runs every 30 minutes, leaving international terminal hotel courtesy coach stand (straight outside the exit doors of the terminal, across two crosswalks on the right) every xx:15 and xx:45. There is a free phone at the hotel courtesy coach stand to call the hotel and ask about the shuttle by dialling * 10 (for Hilton). The shuttle had left just a minute or two before we got to the coach stand but after a quick call they asked the driver to turn around and come back for us! (very much appreciated after a long haul flight ^ )

-Shuttle bus has plenty of room for skis, snowboards and bags at the back of the minibus in a separate storage area so you don't have to try to lug them inside the bus. ^

-concierge staff were very good about storing our skis and boots so we wouldn't have to take them up the elevator for the night. ^

-all staff were very helpful and friendly. ^^
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I've stayed here 4 times over the past 6 months. While the shuttle is free, it's incredibly slow. The last shuttle I waited on took nearly 45 minutes to arrive.

That said and as a Diamond, I've been treated well there. 2 waters in the room (each visit) and an upgrade to a 1 Bedroom Corner Suite.

In both cases, this was merely a 1 night stopover place to sleep so I was quite happy. If I wanted to spend more time in Vancouver, i'd be staying downtown.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:19 pm

I have some nights booked at the Hilton YVR and was wondering what kind of breakfast will be offered for diamonds?

Is it just a small continental breakfast (with additional charges for the full buffet) or a full buffet breakfast like in Europe or Asia?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
It's usually the full buffet in the restaurant. They do not have a lounge on property.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.