Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by wizla
I think any hilton lounge is a roll of the dice regarding noisy environment on weekends, however CW lounge suffers from this a lot, you may get lucky?.....one thing I will say about CW is I've never had a bad nights sleep due to noise, I often request room 205 , the potential for noise is huge ,next to gym/sauna and lift but the rooms appear insulted and I never hear a thing......if good sleep is priority then that's the best hotel
So room 205 is insulated against insults ?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by scubaccr
So room 205 is insulated against insults ?
....haha, good point.....I posted this earlier before my morning expresso!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Does this hotel offer comp brekky / exec lounge access to Gold Members?
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
Breakfast - I can't remember when I stayed here as a Gold as I slept until midday after getting in at daybreak, but with you My Way benefits at a Hilton you can elect for 1000 points or a breakfast. So essentially yes. The restaurant breakfast is a buffet, and omelettes cooked to order.

Lounge - no, unless they upgrade you to an Exec Room, and they you may get access (they gave me access in that case years ago when I was Gold).
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:25 am

Officially no lounge access for golds here , however I have never failed to get an executive upgrade here from booking a king guest room ( as gold or diamond ) so unless the hotel is very full , executive upgrade is almost guaranteed .....personally I would take a punt on it and pay the £25 lounge access charge if an executive upgrade fails
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
So I have taken a Diamond Status Challenge... have a few stays coming up so makes sense.

I see that as a Diamond I will get exec lounge access, can I also have Breakfast in main restaurant ?

Last edited by navatwal; Sep 8, 2017 at 10:58 am
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:28 pm

So I have taken a Diamond Status Challenge... have a few stays coming up so makes sense.

I see that as a Diamond I will get exec lounge access, can I also have Breakfast in main restaurant ?
Yep, diamonds can choose restaurant or lounge........ best strategy is to start in the restaurant for your cereals, fruit and hot food then bail to the lounge for coffee and pastries......reason being as the coffee in lounge is far superior to the coffee in the restaurant downstairs.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Not stayed here yet - but looking at a midweek in November.

Prices start at £330 or 70,000 points - is this typical for the hotel? Twin Guest Room

How much is parking here?

Hopefully treated well as a Diamond.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Not stayed here yet - but looking at a midweek in November.

Prices start at £330 or 70,000 points - is this typical for the hotel? Twin Guest Room

How much is parking here?

Hopefully treated well as a Diamond.
It's a great hotel for midweek stays but yes it is expensive, diamond recognition here is the best as I've never not been upgraded below executive and very often j suits ( request room 205 , it's opposite the gym/sauna yet quiet ) .
Parking is £20 but if you check in via executive lounge you bypass the concierge and they often " forget " to bill you, just get the lift straight from car park to floor 14, executive lounge in front slightly on o the right as you step out.
Breakfast can be taken in lounge or restaurant.....use restaurant for better selection but Finish with coffee in lounge as it's far superior!......any tips holla mate.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Thanks. Thought you would know haha

One day we will meet....
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Thanks. Thought you would know haha

One day we will meet....
Ha, I'm sure we will, I've met many flyer talk folk on my travels and I always try and post my upcoming stays in the meeting thread, however some stays are last minute due to the nature of the music business.
I know the area very well, again give me a shout for restaurant recommendations , pubs and info and anything for that area.
Best stays are midweek as at weekends the executive lounge is like McDonald's on a Saturday afternoon.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Pre upgraded to a junior suite from the lowest category room and given late check out til 4pm!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by sarahluv
Pre upgraded to a junior suite from the lowest category room and given late check out til 4pm!
Sounds good!, slight chance I may be here tomorrow ( it's here or Hilton Birmingham) , not decided yet......I generally don't stay here weekends any more but it's the cheapest of the bunch tomorrow night.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:38 am

I'm here tonight guys!.........was supposed to be Hilton Birmingham but my meeting got cancelled so decided to pop down to London and try the new tibits restaurant at bankside, booked double guest room last night and no upgrade given during the night?, I guess this may change ( hopefully ) , they are normally great on upgrades but I've never booked last minute like before at CW.
Should arrive lunchtime, gonna pop across to bankside via boat then hopefully back for afternoon tea......I kinda said I wasn't going to stay here again at weekends due to the crowded lounge but this was actually very cheap for a Saturday night so let's give it a go!.......will do live report!
Old Sep 30, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
i might see you in the lounge!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.