Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by wizla
I'm not and I'm fairly sure maxandclaude isn't too.....shame.....would have been cool to meet over a beer or two.
Actually I am staying Friday !
Will probably be in the lounge for a short while he he
Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Ahhh, ok mate, Fair enough .....you've notched up plenty of stays towards requalification this month!....good work, enjoying the trip reports!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
I'll try to say hello then! It's been an age. I've just done online check in to a junior suite (1106), which will be my first suite upgrade at this property.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by templar42
I'll try to say hello then! It's been an age. I've just done online check in to a junior suite (1106), which will be my first suite upgrade at this property.
Good choice!...... think I was in that one beginning of 2016?, should be a decent view of the Thames from that room......my favourite suite is 205 as it's opposite the gym/sauna and I can slip in there with just my robe on .
Surprisingly it's quiet too, considering its near lifts and gym entrance....enjoy your stay and please report back.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Good choice!...... think I was in that one beginning of 2016?, should be a decent view of the Thames from that room......my favourite suite is 205 as it's opposite the gym/sauna and I can slip in there with just my robe on .
Surprisingly it's quiet too, considering its near lifts and gym entrance....enjoy your stay and please report back.
Thank you very much! I'll let you know how it goes and hope to see you there before too long.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:29 pm

Thank you very much! I'll let you know how it goes and hope to see you there before too long.
Yes mate, that would be good, I usually post all my upcoming stays on the meeting thread, however some of my stays are last minate decisions as I work in the entertainment business.........one day I hope to meet you perhaps over a drink in the lounge.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:52 am

Arrived to a busy reception yesterday just before 4pm .
Introduced to Izzy and swiftly checked in - preupgraded to Exec Suite (3/3 recently a first !)

Lounge was occupied by one large group and several guests for afternoon tea .
Sandwhiches almost gone , plenty of cakes and sandwhiches quickly replenished .

Welcome gift of a bottle of Shiraz, chocolate covered strawberries and a container of bath salts !

Back to lounge for cocktails - set up early .

Chicken skewers or falafels (sauce had a kick !) and usual breads, cheese and crudités .
Afternoon tea cake remained out .
A magic bottle of Baileys also out
Lounge was busy but several staff members .

Good to see Templar42 - alas only a brief chat but good to hear about your upgrade and travels . Life is treating you kindly - another Flyertalk who hasn't aged !!!

Slightly later breakfast - just before 9am
Offered a glass of mimosa - very nice !
Staff were brilliant - hot plates - plenty of choices - very impressed .

Popped to lounge for pot of tea - several guests and few pastries or breads (same group were in from night before )
Quickky restocked and good to see salmon slices out !

Another good stay ... back in love (literally !)
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:20 am

Introduced to Izzy and swiftly checked in - preupgraded to Exec Suite (3/3 recently a first !)

Welcome gift of a bottle of Shiraz, chocolate covered strawberries and a container of bath salts !

Chicken skewers or falafels (sauce had a kick !) and usual breads, cheese and crudités .

Good to see Templar42 - alas only a brief chat but good to hear about your upgrade and travels . Life is treating you kindly - another Flyertalk who hasn't aged !!!

Popped to lounge for pot of tea - several guests and few pastries or breads (same group were in from night before )

When you say " back to lounge for cocktails " it must have took around 10 seconds from your room!...haha, seriously though sounds like a great stay and very looked after.....I met izzy too.....nice bloke, very proactive and helpful....glad you got to meet Templar42 , will be interesting to see his views on the the hotel and lounge .
I maybe moving more of my stays to the Waldorf as I prefer the more relaxed lounge experience as to the executive nursery that CW has become at weekends lately, it's a shame but our last night there was ridiculously rowdy ....will see.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:04 am

When you say " back to lounge for cocktails " it must have took around 10 seconds from your room!...haha, seriously though sounds like a great stay and very looked after.....I met izzy too.....nice bloke, very proactive and helpful....glad you got to meet Templar42 , will be interesting to see his views on the the hotel and lounge .
I maybe moving more of my stays to the Waldorf as I prefer the more relaxed lounge experience as to the executive nursery that CW has become at weekends lately, it's a shame but our last night there was ridiculously rowdy ....will see.
I have to say, I had a great stay, one of the best I've had at this property.

1106 is a nice suite and very comfortable (particularly nice to be able to use a good bathtub), although I could hear the construction going on outside, until I activated my new Bose QC20s! I'm not yet regretting purchasing these.

It was lovely to catch up with maxandclaude2000 and to hear various bits of positive news and travel good fortune. He is looking extremely well, and I do envy anyone who can describe the avios for a CX F redemption as 'very little'! maxandclaude2000 was slightly tied up, but I have not forgotten that I owe him a few drinks :-)

I was relieved at the lounge experience after various horror stories on here. No children, well-behaved, polite, reasonably well-dressed, guests, and noise levels very normal. The afternoon tea here is probably well above brand standard and good hefty scones, cream, and jam, is more characteristic of Conrads, or top international Hiltons. It's nice they leave it out to supplement cocktails.

I can't say that the lounge food would make an ideal dinner replacement, but it's a very good snack with good salad options and an excellent cheese board. I've just returned from six months in Asia, so cheese still feels like a particular luxury! I drank prosecco moderately and didn't over indulge. I did notice the staff whisked the drinks away at approximately 7.57pm, so they clearly are not keen to see people drinking all evening! It's another lounge where drinks menus on the tables after 8pm might net the hotel some additional revenue as the lounge space is very nice.

Overall, for £88 on a winter sale rate, the value is extraordinary, and many of my friends express astonishment at what you can get for the money at some Hilton properties, like Canary Wharf.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:27 am

I have to say, I had a great stay, one of the best I've had at this property.

1106 is a nice suite and very comfortable (particularly nice to be able to use a good bathtub), although I could hear the construction going on outside, until I activated my new Bose QC20s! I'm not yet regretting purchasing these.

It was lovely to catch up with maxandclaude2000 and to hear various bits of positive news and travel good fortune. He is looking extremely well, and I do envy anyone who can describe the avios for a CX F redemption as 'very little'! maxandclaude2000 was slightly tied up, but I have not forgotten that I owe him a few drinks :-)

I was relieved at the lounge experience after various horror stories on here. No children, well-behaved, polite, reasonably well-dressed, guests, and noise levels very normal. The afternoon tea here is probably well above brand standard and good hefty scones, cream, and jam, is more characteristic of Conrads, or top international Hiltons. It's nice they leave it out to supplement cocktails.

I can't say that the lounge food would make an ideal dinner replacement, but it's a very good snack with good salad options and an excellent cheese board. I've just returned from six months in Asia, so cheese still feels like a particular luxury! I drank prosecco moderately and didn't over indulge. I did notice the staff whisked the drinks away at approximately 7.57pm, so they clearly are not keen to see people drinking all evening! It's another lounge where drinks menus on the tables after 8pm might net the hotel some additional revenue as the lounge space is very nice.

Overall, for £88 on a winter sale rate, the value is extraordinary, and many of my friends express astonishment at what you can get for the money at some Hilton properties, like Canary Wharf.
So glad you had a great stay, yes I agree the lounge is amazing when on form........ thanks for the trip report!.....hopefully get to meet someday.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:14 pm

Apologies for late post .

Found a cheap rate for last Thursday .

Preupgraded to Exec Suite (!)

Hotel busy on arrival -Ali greets me by name on arrival - great friendly guy

Lounge was relatively quiet - better selection of cold items and no buffet style hot entrees - had veggie pasta dish which was delicious

Two types of fizz and offered a Baileys but was a work night

Large bowl of fruit and extra toiletries and bag of bath salts in suite

Breakfast was outstanding
Chef brought my poached egg to our table
More cold items and two mini stations - one with apple items other with mini berry plates
Heard that they were being checked by Corporate for standards this weekend

Overall hotel IMHO has regained is place as the Hilton in London for me
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:44 pm

Just completed a Sunday night £119 stay .
Preupgraded 4 days out to Exec Suite (I'm getting very spoilt !)
Hotel quiet upon check in at 5.00pm
Lounge was quiet for afternoon tea (and throughout the evening !)
Good selection of food buffett style curry
Baileys out (!)
Staff very attentive throughout the evening
Sneakily as it was my birthday next day returnedto suite late and balloons , rose petals, cake and chocolates !
Breakfast at 9.00pm wasn't busy - greeted with Happy Birthday by every single member of staff and we were given a glass of champers !
And yes Wizla hot plates - perfect birthday present !!!
Another excellent stay and impressive with the staff
Must have more birthdays ...
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:23 pm

Just completed a Sunday night £119 stay .
Preupgraded 4 days out to Exec Suite (I'm getting very spoilt !)
Hotel quiet upon check in at 5.00pm
Lounge was quiet for afternoon tea (and throughout the evening !)
Good selection of food buffett style curry
Baileys out (!)
Staff very attentive throughout the evening
Sneakily as it was my birthday next day returnedto suite late and balloons , rose petals, cake and chocolates !
Breakfast at 9.00pm wasn't busy - greeted with Happy Birthday by every single member of staff and we were given a glass of champers !
And yes Wizla hot plates - perfect birthday present !!!
Another excellent stay and impressive with the staff
Must have more birthdays ...
Happy birthday mate......great stay, I guess breakfast was quiet at 9pm
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:54 pm

Happy birthday mate......great stay, I guess breakfast was quiet at 9pm
My bad must be my age !
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:22 am

BUMP - Well I never thought I would see the day I would ask this - I've not stayed here since last year, as you may know this used to be my favourite Hilton in the world but due to the lounge atmosphere being spoiled by cheap upgrades I've moved most of my London stays to the Waldorf, however Monday after next I have to be in Canary Wharf and have booked a stay - has anyone been here lately?, any changes?, anything to know?....... cheers wizla.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.