Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Looking forward to hearing your friends' experience and I hope for them they'll get some sleep.

I just cancelled my bank holiday weekend stay here, another fight on at the O2 on the 5th, shame as it was super cheap. Not sure where to book now, might try Bankside or Waldorf.
totally understandable, I've changed the majority of my weekend stays to the Waldorf too ( however I am at Bankside Friday for a change ) ........... it's such a shame as Canary Wharf is actually a very good hotel and reasonable prices at weekends, it's just what it has become in the last year or so.......I guess they can't choose the clientele but it certainly could be managed better, nobody should feel unsafe in any hotel!.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 2:36 pm

Was just now talking to an old friend who stayed here last Saturday night, I asked how the lounge was and apparently it was very good, no rowdyness or bad behaviour and staff was actually walking around topping up glasses, so the service was good too......didn't ask about keycard entry or lounge refurb but I guess it's nice to hear a positive about this for a change.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Glad to hear it. Topping up glasses, taking a leaf out of Bankside's book!
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Spent another eventful weekend at Canary Wharf, it was so awful I don’t know where to start, but I know how to end, I will never stay another weekend in this hotel ever again, and if I’m tempted please somebody remind me not to do it, no matter how low the rate.

I arrived Friday afternoon to find the hotel lobby packed with fans and fighters of the UFC matches at the O2 that weekend, my mistake for not checking what was on there I admit. Room upgrade from standard to executive, welcome amenity a bowl of fruit.
Went to the lounge at 6pm, door was closed and not busy to begin with. Food has completely changed, new chef apparently, instead of canapes for hotel guests they now try to cater for dockworkers, portions were so big they didn’t even fit the bowls anymore, during the weekend I saw appearing: lamb koftas too spicy and stone cold. Vegetable tempura soggy. Pork ribs in barbecue sauce and sticky as hell.

Because the executive lounge door was closed from 6pm, some people couldn’t enter so they rattled the door and for some strange reason, the young girl on desk duty ran to the door to open it, every single time !! She had a list to check people with access, but at 6.45pm some fighters or their fans were already too drunk to remember their room number so they just walked in. I’m not blaming the girl, what could she do, 20 something and not a manager in sight. What I don’t understand is why she had to open that door??? Who told her to do that? The crowd that was arriving was super rough and I didn’t fancy staying so I went out for dinner, the dark streets of london seemed safer imo.

That night nobody on our corridor had to sleep as it was a constant door slamming, people going downstairs for a smoke or getting ice. I could hear the talking- if I can call it that - from 2 doors down, can you imagine that? F** here and F** there. Charming.
When I went for breakfast the corridor stank of booze, wine glasses everywhere, a toilet roll rolled out near the lifts, not a pretty sight.
Those poor girls from housekeeping were still slaving away at 6pm after they all checked out on Sunday, if the corridors looked like a war zone you can imagine how the rooms looked.

I have never felt unsafe in this hotel before as a single woman, but this weekend I have. Security is non existant, if there’s a problem a duty manager will come !!! What’s he or she going to do against a 6ft2 bodybuilder/fighter and his equally charming wife?

In case anyone is wondering, the lounge refurbishment was painting the ceiling, not the walls and to repair the broken flooring in front of the coffee machine, so there is now vertical and horizontal flooring. Job well done they think. I disagree, but then again I disagree with many things going on in that place and I’m not going to waste any more energy in talking to management about it, I’ll just stop coming.
Oh dear i have a weekend stayed booked for June 22-25th. Do i need to worry? I am dreading it now in case this sort of thing happens as i will be with a two year old. Any advice, should i cancel?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Dax1956
Oh dear i have a weekend stayed booked for June 22-25th. Do i need to worry? I am dreading it now in case this sort of thing happens as i will be with a two year old. Any advice, should i cancel?
its a tough call.....i said I would never stay again at weekends because of this , yet I went back on my word in February one Saturday night and it was fine.....I also had some friends stay a couple of weeks back on a Saturday/Sunday and they said the lounge was quiet.......I'm there myself in a couple of Fridays time because I need to be in the area but I'm not expecting a relaxing evening in the lounge and will consider it a bonus if it is.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond KLM gold
I stayed here with my wife for Saturday and Sunday 7th and 8th April. We had an excellent time. Our room was on the EL floor. We are both veggy and the food at the lounge was excellent together with a good selection of drinks although would have liked to have at least one local beer. The afternoon sandwiches were rathy large however cut them into 3. Cake selection also very good. Lounge was not full on both nights but everyone there friendly including the staff who were excellent.. Tried the restaurant for breakfast on the Monday morning which had a good selection. I don't normally post however cannot complain about anything during our stay and would certainly stay again. We had stayed previously and really like the hotel.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by TimJohnson1967
I stayed here with my wife for Saturday and Sunday 7th and 8th April. We had an excellent time. Our room was on the EL floor. We are both veggy and the food at the lounge was excellent together with a good selection of drinks although would have liked to have at least one local beer. The afternoon sandwiches were rathy large however cut them into 3. Cake selection also very good. Lounge was not full on both nights but everyone there friendly including the staff who were excellent.. Tried the restaurant for breakfast on the Monday morning which had a good selection. I don't normally post however cannot complain about anything during our stay and would certainly stay again. We had stayed previously and really like the hotel.
bit of a long shot but was you there sat 3 rd February?....we ( my lady and I ) got talking to a couple from Barry South Wales?..... was this you?.....just a thought......great night!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond KLM gold
Sorry not us. Glad other Barry people enjoyed their visit and your company. Like others on here I enjoy reading your reviews
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Thanks to both of you. I have just read the trip advisor reviews and it seems ok. So hope it will be. We got a very good rate for an executive suite. We are also doing three nights at the Conrad St James.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by TimJohnson1967
Sorry not us. Glad other Barry people enjoyed their visit and your company. Like others on here I enjoy reading your reviews
thanks, yeah they were nice people........ safe travels.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:06 am

I have a booking here for this coming Friday night ( 4/5/18 )......... I'm a little apprehensive as we all know it can be rowdy at weekends and there is boxing on at the o2 ( see winniesbestfriend post from March ! ) .
I may swap to Hilton tower bridge as yet but CW would be perfect as I need to be in Greenwich to meet friends at 8pm Friday night.
We ( myself and a mate ) are at brands hatch Friday morning so it's just a short drive up to CW , should arrive around lunchtime......... booked a twin guest room and hopefully will get upgraded to twin executive room.
Obviously will do full live report regardless of whatever hotel I stay.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by wizla
I have a booking here for this coming Friday night ( 4/5/18 )....I may swap to Hilton tower bridge as yet ....
I see that a twin is now bookable at TB on Friday... time to flip a coin...?
Old May 1, 2018, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
I see that a twin is now bookable at TB on Friday... time to flip a coin...?
yeah saw that, Im batting " want to " against " should do "........... CW is definitely the right choice from a logistical capacity ( very close to where I need to be and easy access to the M11 to Norwich in the morning, oh and it has a sauna too )
TB On the other hand I haven't stayed for a couple of years , I love the lounge terrace ( the weather forecast is good too ) .......... also I have to come up from brands hatch in Kent......probably just as quick to get to TB via the A2 rather than the dreaded black wall tunnel to CW.
yep.... I think the coin will come out Thursday night!

Old May 3, 2018, 12:13 pm

I've decided to stay here tomorrow night, I was between here and Hilton tower bridge and nearly swapped but parking at TB is difficult and no sauna so decided here.
Booked twin guest room was upgraded to twin executive last night so I have done OLCI to hopefully secure a room on the 13th floor.......we should ( myself and a friend ) arrive around 2pm .........will report back.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
I've decided to stay here tomorrow night, I was between here and Hilton tower bridge and nearly swapped but parking at TB is difficult and no sauna so decided here.
Booked twin guest room was upgraded to twin executive last night so I have done OLCI to hopefully secure a room on the 13th floor.......we should ( myself and a friend ) arrive around 2pm .........will report back.
I knew you would 😀 looking forward to your report especially after I cancelled my super cheap weekend here!!! It'll probably be alright, the boxing is on Saturday.
It would have been nice to meet you though.

Last edited by Winniesbestfriend; May 3, 2018 at 3:30 pm Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.