Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
Oh Allah, thats quite bad! I really very rarely see such behaviour.
yeah, only the second time for me too but staff were so quick to react, lounge is now standing room only however apart from the said incident everyone is well behaved...... it's actually quite pleasant.
chrism20 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:55 pm

Sounds not to bad apart from the floorshow.

Also sounds like the new manager is on the ball which is good.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by wizla

jeez, it's all just kicked off in here , bunch of guys opposite started arguing, staff told them to be quiet, they carried on ..... staff then ejected them from the lounge instantly!...... hats off to the new lounge manger, very proactive indeed!
Ouch that's not good but pleased staff were proactive

Rates trmw have leapt up to £234 despite Lady G cancelling her concert at the 02

Received a semi personal email from Exec Lounge Mgr tonight which appears to be cc to another six hotel staff (!)

Will report back on lounge and stay later during my stay

Thanks for the reports Wizla - and hope yr Uncle is improving health wise
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Ouch that's not good but pleased staff were proactive

Rates trmw have leapt up to £234 despite Lady G cancelling her concert at the 02

Received a semi personal email from Exec Lounge Mgr tonight which appears to be cc to another six hotel staff (!)

Will report back on lounge and stay later during my stay

Thanks for the reports Wizla - and hope yr Uncle is improving health wise
Thanks mate, yeah uncle is ok, quadruple bypass takes some recovery............. it end up being a very pleasant evening in the lounge last night, yeah it was crazy busy but nothing ran out , the canapés were delicious and the staff on the ball.......got talking to a Welsh couple on the seat next to us, very interesting folk.......went to bar after and had the Hilton classic burger, was nice and service attentive.
this morning I popped to the lounge to grab a coffee......I still dislike that new coffee machine, but the coffee is good......gonna use gym/sauna then breakfast.......will report back!
u
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:40 am

Thanks mate, yeah uncle is ok, quadruple bypass takes some recovery............. it end up being a very pleasant evening in the lounge last night, yeah it was crazy busy but nothing ran out , the canapés were delicious and the staff on the ball.......got talking to a Welsh couple on the seat next to us, very interesting folk.......went to bar after and had the Hilton classic burger, was nice and service attentive.
this morning I popped to the lounge to grab a coffee......I still dislike that new coffee machine, but the coffee is good......gonna use gym/sauna then breakfast.......will report back!
u
gym fairly busy unusually, must report that they now have new equipment and a watt bike .......sauna was empty as usual .
Breakfast was nice and great service too, this was at 9-15 this morning, seemed quiet...... chef made me an omelette and this was very good.......... plates cleared efficiently and tea for my lady arrived promptly .
checked out around 10-15 by Ali , he used to be the concierge here but now works the front desk, does a great job too!

CONCLUSION - As you all know I have mixed feelings about this hotel , I said I wasn't going to stay here again at weekends as the lounge is rowdy but apart from one incident that was very quickly extinguished it was a great night!...... I really enjoyed myself and so did my lady........did we get lucky? , who knows.....the Welsh couple we got talking to were offered a executive upgrade on arrival for £25 as the hotel was quiet they were told, they were lovely people but I'm guessing they upgrade many and perhaps this is why it gets rowdy sometimes?........ this aside very other area of this hotel is still great and the new lounge manager is very good !.

ROOM NO - 1209

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Doubletree by Hilton Greenwich ( 19/2/18 )
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:16 am

gym fairly busy unusually, must report that they now have new equipment and a watt bike .......sauna was empty as usual .
Breakfast was nice and great service too, this was at 9-15 this morning, seemed quiet...... chef made me an omelette and this was very good.......... plates cleared efficiently and tea for my lady arrived promptly .
checked out around 10-15 by Ali , he used to be the concierge here but now works the front desk, does a great job too!

CONCLUSION - As you all know I have mixed feelings about this hotel , I said I wasn't going to stay here again at weekends as the lounge is rowdy but apart from one incident that was very quickly extinguished it was a great night!...... I really enjoyed myself and so did my lady........did we get lucky? , who knows.....the Welsh couple we got talking to were offered a executive upgrade on arrival for £25 as the hotel was quiet they were told, they were lovely people but I'm guessing they upgrade many and perhaps this is why it gets rowdy sometimes?........ this aside very other area of this hotel is still great and the new lounge manager is very good !.

ROOM NO - 1209

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Doubletree by Hilton Greenwich ( 19/2/18 )
Good to hear your stay improved - and yes lucky enough to meet Ali on many occasions - he’s one of the hotels best member of staff

Arrived here just after 5pm (stinking cold from getting caught in the rain yesterday ()
Hotel seems quite despite high room rates tonight
Preupgraded to 1407 - card,cake,wine, fruit and bath salts await me
Missed afternoon tea in lounge just after 6pm - all set up .
Mac and cheese or meatballs hot entrees
Salad and cheese and usual dips
Spotted the Baileys (!)
So far very quiet ... I fear next Sunday will not as the start of half term ...
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:07 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000

Good to hear your stay improved - and yes lucky enough to meet Ali on many occasions - he’s one of the hotels best member of staff

Arrived here just after 5pm (stinking cold from getting caught in the rain yesterday ()
Hotel seems quite despite high room rates tonight
Preupgraded to 1407 - card,cake,wine, fruit and bath salts await me
Missed afternoon tea in lounge just after 6pm - all set up .
Mac and cheese or meatballs hot entrees
Salad and cheese and usual dips
Spotted the Baileys (!)
So far very quiet ... I fear next Sunday will not as the start of half term ...
lounge became busy suddenly - only a couple of tables unoccupied and hot food has run out temporarily
interesting to observe a couple who checked out earlier today allowed access to the lounge tonight - and certainly got their monies worth food and drink wise - pondering whether I should do this trmw lol though the hotel appears virtually sold out for the next few days ...

Flowers , box of chocs and some mini Baileys appeared in my room - nice touch!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:17 pm

Sounds like a great stay, surprised it's busy in the lounge on a Sunday!........does pay to get there early.....enjoying the reports.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Saturday night nightmare

As you can see this is my first post, I've been enjoying reading everybody's experiences here for many years, but have never posted before. But now I have something to get of my chest.

Like Wizla, Maxandclaude, Chris and others I've been a regular guest at Hilton Canary Wharf for nearly 10 years, with ups and downs, but this weekend really has overtaken all previous experiences in a bad way.

On Friday evening all was relatively quiet, good crowd, good vibe untill all of the sudden a guest was asked to leave because he put his middle finger up to a black family who were minding their own business, totally unprovoked. The mother of the 8 year old was clearly shocked and it ruined the atmospere.

Now last night was the highlight. I entered the lounge at 2 minutes past 6 pm and it was chaos! Only 1 table left for 2, the manager promised to sort something out for me, but the third chair we needed never arrived. They bend backwards for people who come here for one night only to drink themselves silly but couldn't be bothered to bring a chair for a loyal guest.

Wizla often discribes this lounge on a Saturday night like McDonalds, well no it's worse, I had a burger in the new McDonalds on Leicester Sqr after a theatre visit and the atmosphere there was more sophisticated.

It was like a pack of vultures had decended on the food, people were walking off with large plates with chicken wings stacked 3 inches high and filling large wine glasses to the top with gin. Many walking out immediately taking those glasses to the room. People treating the food and drinks area like a pub blocking the way. Chairs were taken from the desk and even the flower in the hallway had it's table taken away to create extra seating at the sofa area.

I honestly have never been so discusted in people's behaviour as last night. I blame the hotel entirely for the situation, I find it very hard to believe that all those - mainly young people - groups of friends 5 to 7 of them are all diamonds or that they have paid for lounge access.

The only way to stop this sort of behaviour is to stop giving free upgrades and to start operating a door with key access. At least it will stop people from leaving with both hands full of drinks and food. They stopped providing small bottles of water so now they walk out with large bottles, nobody at the desk to stop them.

The lounge is becoming a laughing stock, one excellent member has left already and another one leaves at the end of the week with no replacements in sight. If they think they can run this place with agency staff they're wrong.

I have another stay booked in 2 weeks time for The Script concert, from Friday to Sunday, but I am seriously thinking of cancelling even though this hotel is ideal for the 02.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited by Winniesbestfriend; Feb 11, 2018 at 5:38 am Reason: Typo
Old Feb 11, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Oh that is a shame, I like the hotel and I hope things haven't changed. I feel so sorry for Staff in these situations, its tricky, and people should be more sensible.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Thanks for listening!
Welcome to FT and thank you for posting, Winniesbestfriend.
I have not yet been to Hilton Canary Wharf but only heard of those positive experiences. Unfortunately now bad news are coming through.
I fully understand you being upset or even shocked. This ruthless behavior would also upset me.
What I do not understand is why management does not intervene here to prevent such behavior and raiding. They must be informed about this, mustn't they?
I simply do not get this.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
As you can see this is my first post, I've been enjoying reading everybody's experiences here for many years, but have never posted before. But now I have something to get of my chest.

Like Wizla, Maxandclaude, Chris and others I've been a regular guest at Hilton Canary Wharf for nearly 10 years, with ups and downs, but this weekend really has overtaken all previous experiences in a bad way.

On Friday evening all was relatively quiet, good crowd, good vibe untill all of the sudden a guest was asked to leave because he put his middle finger up to a black family who were minding their own business, totally unprovoked. The mother of the 8 year old was clearly shocked and it ruined the atmospere.

Now last night was the highlight. I entered the lounge at 2 minutes past 6 pm and it was chaos! Only 1 table left for 2, the manager promised to sort something out for me, but the third chair we needed never arrived. They bend backwards for people who come here for one night only to drink themselves silly but couldn't be bothered to bring a chair for a loyal guest.

Wizla often discribes this lounge on a Saturday night like McDonalds, well no it's worse, I had a burger in the new McDonalds on Leicester Sqr after a theatre visit and the atmosphere there was more sophisticated.

It was like a pack of vultures had decended on the food, people were walking off with large plates with chicken wings stacked 3 inches high and filling large wine glasses to the top with gin. Many walking out immediately taking those glasses to the room. People treating the food and drinks area like a pub blocking the way. Chairs were taken from the desk and even the flower in the hallway had it's table taken away to create extra seating at the sofa area.

I honestly have never been so discusted in people's behaviour as last night. I blame the hotel entirely for the situation, I find it very hard to believe that all those - mainly young people - groups of friends 5 to 7 of them are all diamonds or that they have paid for lounge access.

The only way to stop this sort of behaviour is to stop giving free upgrades and to start operating a door with key access. At least it will stop people from leaving with both hands full of drinks and food. They stopped providing small bottles of water so now they walk out with large bottles, nobody at the desk to stop them.

The lounge is becoming a laughing stock, one excellent member has left already and another one leaves at the end of the week with no replacements in sight. If they think they can run this place with agency staff they're wrong.

I have another stay booked in 2 weeks time for The Script concert, from Friday to Sunday, but I am seriously thinking of cancelling even though this hotel is ideal for the 02.

Thanks for listening!
hey, thanks for posting and I feel for you as I've been there many times ( maybe our paths have crossed).
what a shambles eh?.......I'm not going to say I'm surprised and racism makes my blood boil!......my brain simply cannot comprehend why oh why they continue upgrading every man and his dog for peanuts.......yes I get the whole loss leader approach but this cannot make money and more importantly makes those who do spend the big bucks disappear?......crazy concept!.......when I was there last Saturday it was standing room only after 6-30pm , it did thin out a little later but even so there was many drunk people in there , we were just lucky they were well behaved drunk people ( except the idiot who started arguing and pushing his mate around - see repot ) ..... to date I know of 11 regulars who no longer stay here because of the rowdy lounge ....such a shame......the rest of the hotel is still great!
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by Zurich
I have not yet been to Hilton Canary Wharf but only heard of those positive experiences. Unfortunately now bad news are coming through.
I fully understand you being upset or even shocked. This ruthless behavior would also upset me.
What I do not understand is why management does not intervene here to prevent such behavior and raiding. They must be informed about this, mustn't they?
oh management are aware of this, they just choose to ignore it afraid of losing customers I suppose, but what they don't realise is that they are losing loyal ones because I stay here on average 85 nights/year, but I will make sure I'm not here at weekends anymore.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Zurich
correct - the problem starts at check in, if the hotel is very quiet ( it often is at weekends) they offer very cheap executive upgrades upon arrival until the executive rooms are full, this makes the lounge full of folk who are not used to how an executive lounge should operate ( attire and behaviour ) they see it as a free bar and an opportunity to get hammered and unfortunately misbehave, they bring their kids in , they run around, touch food etc whilst the parents are more interested in refilling there glasses, I've seen it many many times and it's bloody Annoying.
The lounge is under staffed during happy hour , the few staff in there are rushed off there feet replacing food that the greedy grab all's take , the front desk is not maned and anyone could walk in or out and I'm sure they do........to be fair last Saturday when the guy behind me misbehaved the lounge manger was on to him, he ignored her so the concierge appeared and told him to leave , he did....as I say the problem starts at check in.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
It's such a shame about the Executive lounge at Hilton Canary Wharf is this is a very good hotel otherwise.
We used to stay here regularly at weekends as the rates were very reasonable but the ambience in the lounge really ruined things for us.
On our final stay a group of two couples actually took the bootle of Gin to their table and finished the bottle I have never seen such rudeness before.
There was hardly a table free and lots of young kids some of whom were running up and down the food section touching all the food without taking anything.
Parents were not bothered and more interested in being rowdy and getting smashed than controlling their kids.
After incidents in the lounge three times on the trot we decided to book our London weekend stays elsewhere
if things improved in the lounge we would certainly return again in the future.

Was at Hilton Bankside again this weekend ( 3rd stay in 2018 ) and similar thing seems to be starting here. Front desk are trying hard to upsell Executive rooms at check in and the lounge is becoming increasingly busy at the weekend. It used to be lovely and quiet at the weekend but Friday night there wasn't a table free by 6.30pm

Last edited by PaulH1; Feb 11, 2018 at 12:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.