ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton London Canary Wharf

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 31, 2018 at 9:14 pm
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by chrism20
The more I think about this situation the more I am convinced an actual physical manned bar would be the best way forward at weekends and holiday periods that way the drinks measures could be controlled and it's easier to spot people who are getting unruly or legless. No help yourself you need to actually go up and order your drinks, room card swiped to check eligibility and if the system says two guests only two alcoholic drinks at a time. May cause a few headaches to start with but the better behaved guests would probably see an improvement in no time at all.

The other option which won't happen for the obvious reason is management take the bull by the horns and start ejecting people for bad behaviour.
They need to do something!.......manned bar would help ( like Hilton Kensington) but it would mean employing extra staff, Hilton don't seem to be a fan of that, also some English speaking staff too, guy clearing the tables Wednesday night was very limited with his English.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
[QUOTE=IcHot;27680986]Over summer, there was a group of 4 blokes in there passing gas and laughing. /QUOTE]

Why didn't you stop by and say hi?

Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:40 am

Just arrived hotel seems busy with families which would explain why no Jnr Suites .
Friendly welcome back -preupgraded to Exec Suite and note that my next stay has been too - having a very fortunate success rate with my mattress runs at each hotel - guess due to lower occupancy.
Popped across the corridor to the lounge - dead 💀
Barely been touched and hoping omen for quiet night .
Three large bottles of water , honey (for my sore throat) and lemon 🍋 , chocs and plenty of the larger size toiletries .
Happy Man .
Will update on lounge evening service later .
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:58 am

Lounge set up already - afternoon tea appears not to have been sampled .
New additions of bread sticks and tortilla chips in cookie jars with afternoon service .
Cold items
Teriyaki chicken
Mezze platter
Cheese board
Breads
Hummus
Tzaski
Tomato salsa

Mini dessert sweets

Hot items
Miso Glazed Cod, Bok Choy, Shitake Mushrooms, Chillies
Crispy Tofu , Udon Noodles, Veg Stir Fry

All spirits out as are wines

I've just had a bottle of fizz and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries delivered too !

Welcome back Canary Wharf of old
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:52 am

Nearly 7pm and the lounge is busy - mix of leisure and business/corp clients .
Though it's busy it's how the lounge should be -completely different vibe to recent visits . No families and no children .
The manager Andre is doing a sterling job - some of receiving at table refills and even better tonics from the bar downstairs .
Good to hear guests praising him .
Yes it's THAT quiet I can hear them
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Lounge set up already - afternoon tea appears not to have been sampled .
New additions of bread sticks and tortilla chips in cookie jars with afternoon service .
Cold items
Teriyaki chicken
Mezze platter
Cheese board
Breads
Hummus
Tzaski
Tomato salsa

Mini dessert sweets

Hot items
Miso Glazed Cod, Bok Choy, Shitake Mushrooms, Chillies
Crispy Tofu , Udon Noodles, Veg Stir Fry

All spirits out as are wines

I've just had a bottle of fizz and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries delivered too !

Welcome back Canary Wharf of old
Though it's busy it's how the lounge should be -completely different vibe to recent visits . No families and no children .
The manager Andre is doing a sterling job - some of receiving at table refills and even better tonics from the bar downstairs .
^^ Glad to hear, especially on your mattress run!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat/Oneworld Sapphire
Hey everybody. Has anyone traveled here with children? I'm on a business trip but my husband and toddler are tagging along. They booked me into a standard room (but I'm Diamond, so I should get an upgrade). Any advice?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:01 pm

Sounds like a dramatic improvement on both yours and Wizlas experience the other week. I'm at the new DT in Glasgow tonight and am very impressed with that.

I'm surprised there aren't more kids, or are the schools back down there? They don't go back until Monday up here.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:40 pm
Suspended

[QUOTE=pauleeepaul;27684244]
Originally Posted by IcHot
Over summer, there was a group of 4 blokes in there passing gas and laughing. /QUOTE]

Why didn't you stop by and say hi?

Next time!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: HH Gold

I stayed here on the 1st and 3rd of Jan. What a difference a couple of days makes the lounge was completely dead during afternoon tea, basically I've had the lounge to myself yesterday and today (late checkout). More relaxed at night time as well, no long queues either.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
I'm staying here overnight on Friday - will any Flyertalkers be there as well?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by diablo77
I stayed here on the 1st and 3rd of Jan. What a difference a couple of days makes the lounge was completely dead during afternoon tea, basically I've had the lounge to myself yesterday and today (late checkout). More relaxed at night time as well, no long queues either.
Glad to hear it, perhaps they have reacted to my feedback about the lounge no longer feeling executive and more like McDonald's, I doubt it but to be fair the guest relations manager " izzy campball " did seem genuinely concerned when we had a chat last week, however glad it was pleasant and how it should be.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by templar42
I'm staying here overnight on Friday - will any Flyertalkers be there as well?
I'm not and I'm fairly sure maxandclaude isn't too.....shame.....would have been cool to meet over a beer or two.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by diablo77
Lounge remained busy until I left at 9pm .
Staff were very attentive and food and drink kept stocked up .
Good to see that there were cakes out too - guess from afternoon tea .
Sampled a mini carrot cake just to check (!)
Times newspaper hanging outside my door in the morning .
Early breakfast - mainly business people .
Large Costa latte to go bought to my table with ' Good morning Mr A ... your usual !' and even the chef greeted me by name and said ' a poached egg this morning ? I'll bring it to you table in 3 mins' Wow wow wow
Plenty to eat and warm plates .
Was lent an I phone charger last night as I forgot ..
Popped into lounge only guest at 7am - friendly staff asked if I wanted a bag to take away anything (was wearing my coat and bags ready to leave )

Overall a truly excellent stay ...made to feel very welcome.
A memorable Hilton Diamond treatment .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.