Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Canary Wharf {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Originally Posted by MoodyB
It really does seem to be going from bad to worse as of late...Glad I cancelled my res for last night and Saturday. :-/
where are you staying instead?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: British Airways, Hilton Hhonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend

where are you staying instead?
I decided to bask in the serenity of the Costa Del Kent instead last night!
As for tomorrow night, I need to get my finger out and make a decision, lol
wizla likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:29 am

Very wise !!
MoodyB likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by MoodyB
I decided to bask in the serenity of the Costa Del Kent instead last night!
As for tomorrow night, I need to get my finger out and make a decision, lol
Hey it’s still a great hotel just keep your expectations low for the executive lounge.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Hey it’s still a great hotel just keep your expectations low for the executive lounge.
Another evening, another absolutely full lounge. Very loud. Quite a bit of familiar faces. Apart from that a wide mix of people, some think they’re in Benidorm others obviously for the boxing tomorrow at the O2. Food: chicken thighs in peri-peri sauce and mushroom arancini ( they are very good ).
wizla and MoodyB like this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:32 am

I’m here Friday night, I plan to walk over the top of the o2 ( millennium dome ) Friday lunchtime with an old friend of mine.
Booked twin guest room .......... no upgrade yet but it’s early days....... should arrive mid morning so hopefully get an early check in .
We probably won’t be back for afternoon tea but will be relaxing ( hopefully) in the lounge from 6pm..... will do the customary online ground breaking reports!
Winniesbestfriend likes this.

Last edited by wizla; Sep 18, 2019 at 7:33 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:20 am

I’m here Friday night, I plan to walk over the top of the o2 ( millennium dome ) Friday lunchtime with an old friend of mine.
Booked twin guest room .......... no upgrade yet but it’s early days....... should arrive mid morning so hopefully get an early check in .
We probably won’t be back for afternoon tea but will be relaxing ( hopefully) in the lounge from 6pm..... will do the customary online ground breaking reports!
Pre upgraded last night to junior suite which would be great if I was there with my lady, however I’m there with a mate. ( hence the twin room booking).
I decided to message them via the “ message hotel “ button on the app........ within an hour I got a message back saying they have adjusted my reservation to a twin Executive room , I checked, they have.

TIP - I normally make bookings for one adult, if my lady is traveling with me I would simply say I’m using the second guest stays free benefit ( not that this has ever been questioned), however what I would recommend and do on future bookings if it’s a friend or colleague is use the additional guest box and add their name assured the hotel will notice that two are in room who’s relationship is platonic..... just a thought.

Last edited by wizla; Sep 19, 2019 at 5:24 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Pre upgraded last night to junior suite which would be great if I was there with my lady, however I’m there with a mate. ( hence the twin room booking).
I decided to message them via the “ message hotel “ button on the app........ within an hour I got a message back saying they have adjusted my reservation to a twin Executive room , I checked, they have.

TIP - I normally make bookings for one adult, if my lady is traveling with me I would simply say I’m using the second guest stays free benefit ( not that this has ever been questioned), however what I would recommend and do on future bookings if it’s a friend or colleague is use the additional guest box and add their name assured the hotel will notice that two are in room who’s relationship is platonic..... just a thought.
I guess one of the issues is sometimes people book twin rooms by accident or typical for me if only twin rooms are available at the base level / within company policy. I'm similar that I rarely ever book for more than one person but at least the hotel was being proactive with upgrades!
wizla likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:14 am

Good to know the “message hotel” button actually works. Hope you had fun up the O2 and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the lounge tonight.
wizla likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:53 am

Arrived 10-15am, checked in via the lounge ( very quiet, maybe 4 people) room was just about ready but required signing off, this took10 mins and we are in.

ROOM - twin Executive room, 12th floor, not really had the chance to inspect as had Togo out but seems okay, noticed two robes and slipper sets, new style safe.

Went to o2 and climbed over the top ( this was big fun! ) , got back at 4-30pm....... now I’m lounge taking afternoon tea, there is just us and one other guy, very quiet..... the hostess just offered us a. Cocktail, grapefruit and prosseco I think....nice touch.

SANDWICHES- ham and cheese , salmon on rye, and veggie.

CAKES- lemon drizzle and scones /jam/ cream.

Plan is to relax in sauna and be back in the lounge around 6pm...... will report back!

FORGOT TO MENTION- bottle of cava and chocolate strawberries in room on return and a happy birthday card....... great but not my birthday until next month?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade

FORGOT TO MENTION- bottle of cava and chocolate strawberries in room on return and a happy birthday card....... great but not my birthday until next month?
They once came to my room with the same, sang happy birthday to me and then realised that it was for someone else...
wizla likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:15 am

Great to hear they still bring out the bottle of Cava for birthdays, I stayed there 4 days after mine ( which they knew ) and I got nothing.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by sarahluv
They once came to my room with the same, sang happy birthday to me and then realised that it was for someone else...
Were you the one who slammed the door in their face after snapping “it’s not my birthday” lol ‘cos they’re still talking about that.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by sarahluv
Ha, yeah I can believe it.....amusing!.

Sauna was empty as usual for here, steam room was actually very hot this time!....... Now in lounge, I got here at 6-15pm, very quiet, just a few city types present which is unusual for a Friday night....... it’s now approaching 7pm, a few more folk appeared but not even half full, however there is a nice relaxing vibe and very well behaved professional environment, I’m liking this!

BEER - Asahi, Heineken and peroni

SPIRITS - same as last report.

WINE - red , white and cava.

CANAPÉS - poor cheeseboard, no crackers!...... lamb kofta, onion tartlets, potato cakes....salads and crudités.

Plan is to relax in here for a couple of hours then off for a few drinks around the Wharf......will report back!
Winniesbestfriend likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend
Great to hear they still bring out the bottle of Cava for birthdays, I stayed there 4 days after mine ( which they knew ) and I got nothing.
I’m sure it was an error, my birthday is the end of next month and I never told them, ha, I’m not complaining though.

Now coming to the end of happy hour, I would say it’s maybe just over half full, food and drink never ran out....it’s all good!...will report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.