Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Hey guys, need a little help here.

I've booked myself into a Conrad Suites in April as HH Gold and unfortunately only able to get a twin bed as somehow all the king bed had been fully booked (i assumed so as there were no suites with 1 king bed for selection during booking process.)

I did leave a comment in my booking that I prefer a King bed.

1. Will Conrad Bali be able to arrange for a king bed for my arrival?
2. What will the complimentary upgrades be available?
3. Under my NOR1 upgrades, I see Conrad Ocean Suite Twin ($41/night) and Conrad Pool Suite King ($184/night). What are their differences and how do they differ from the conrad suites i've booked?

is the above youtube video showing the Ocean Suite? as it is titled Ocean Front suite. Really like the minipool out on the balcony.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:57 pm

Please see answers below.

Originally Posted by RCTP
Hey guys, need a little help here.
1. Will Conrad Bali be able to arrange for a king bed for my arrival?

The twin beds in the Conrad Suites section are really double beds. Email the hotel and they can push the two beds together and make it into one. The fitted sheet goes over both beds so the two beds really feel/look like one.

2. What will the complimentary upgrades be available?

Email and ask.

3. Under my NOR1 upgrades, I see Conrad Ocean Suite Twin ($41/night) and Conrad Pool Suite King ($184/night). What are their differences and how do they differ from the conrad suites i've booked?

The Conrad Pool Suite is on the main floor and has a small outdoor pool in the "back yard" of the suite. The "back yard" is surrounded by a fence so that it blocks any view of the ocean. Plus, guests on the second and third floor can look down and you lose any sense of privacy.

The Conrad Ocean Suite will be on the two upper floors and offer wonderful views of the wedding chapel and the ocean.

Conrad Bali Resort & Spa - Ocean Front Suite with Private Pool HD - YouTube

is the above youtube video showing the Ocean Suite? as it is titled Ocean Front suite. Really like the minipool out on the balcony.
Nope. The Ocean Suite is in the non-suite section of the hotel. The Conrad Ocean Suite is in the Conrad Suites section. Instead of a view of the Conrad Suites pool, you get the ocean view.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
If I book through an OTA (hotels.com) will The Conrad Bali provide benefits normally granted to Diamond members (i.e. room upgrade and lounge access) ?
Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
As a Diamond if I book the cheapest room type what upgrades can I expect. What room type should I book.

Any help will be much appreciated. We have been going to the IC in the last three years but would like to try the Conrad.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Feb 21, 2016 at 7:58 pm
Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi everyone,

we are flying to Bali in 10 days, staying 2 days a the Conrad and afterwards 6 nights in Ubud.

I remember reading somewhere, probably TA, about nice restaurants in the area, that even send you a shuttle to pick you up or that are in walking distance.

Can somebody here give one or two recommendations?

Thanks very much!
Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
As a Diamond if I book the cheapest room type what upgrades can I expect. What room type should I book.

Any help will be much appreciated. We have been going to the IC in the last three years but would like to try the Conrad.

Hello djjaguar64,

I asked the hotel last week. Here is the answer that I got :

As a Diamond member, you will have access to our Club lounge, please find the inclusion of the Club Lounge access as below:

· Breakfast from 7.00am until 11.00am;
· Afternoon tea from 3.00pm until 5.00pm;
· Evening cocktails from 5.00pm until 7.00pm;
· Complimentary internet access in the Club Lounge between 7.00am - 11.00pm;
· 15% off laundry and dry cleaning;
· 15% off restaurant and bar accounts (food & beverage);
· 15% off Jiwa Spa treatments (except retail);
· 15% off Business Centre services, including meeting room rental.

The breakfast for our Club Lounge guests is served in our Rin Restaurant, located under the Conrad Suites Lounge.
Special arrangements can be made to enjoy these benefits with younger family members in Suku for breakfast and East Lobby Lounge for afternoon tea continue with evening cocktails.

The other benefit will be a complimentary room upgrade to the next room category up to Resort Suite. This room upgrade will be subject to our room availability upon arrival.

If you book the room via the 3rd party, you will still enjoy the perks of the Diamond Member except the complimentary wifi in your room during your stay.

The complimentary wifi in your room will only be applicable if you book the room through the eligible booking channel such as :

· Direct channels: the HHonors app, our websites or Hilton Reservations & Customer Care (HRCC).
· Approved third-party channels: IATA-accredited retail travel agent professionals or GDS; see hhonors.com/terms for more details.

Typically, online travel agencies (OTAs) like Priceline or Expedia are ineligible for benefits.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is great detailed information. Now from experience what room type should we book?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by more4less
Hi everyone,

we are flying to Bali in 10 days, staying 2 days a the Conrad and afterwards 6 nights in Ubud.

I remember reading somewhere, probably TA, about nice restaurants in the area, that even send you a shuttle to pick you up or that are in walking distance.

Can somebody here give one or two recommendations?

Thanks very much!
We made a reservation and walked down to Bumbu Bali One.

A lot more details from our trip to Ubud & the Conrad are in my trip report: 5 Days in Bali; 4 QR J Flights; 3 Hours in Doha; 2 Bottles of Krug; 1 Hotel Opening!!
Old Feb 22, 2016, 1:09 pm

Has any one stayed both at Sofitel Nusa Dua and Conrad Bali ?
The Sofitel looks likes a newer, much nicer property !?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by FindAWay
We made a reservation and walked down to Bumbu Bali One.

A lot more details from our trip to Ubud & the Conrad are in my trip report: 5 Days in Bali; 4 QR J Flights; 3 Hours in Doha; 2 Bottles of Krug; 1 Hotel Opening!!
Thanks very much FindAWay,

Your trip reports are always fantastic!
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I sent them a note and did not massage them but here is their response:

Dear Mr. Djjaguar

Thank you for your massage to us,

First and foremost I would like to thank you your continued loyalty and patronage of Hilton as valued Hilton Honors Diamond Member and for choosing Conrad Bali for your upcoming visit to Bali.

As our loyal Diamond Member you will be entitled with complimentary room upgrade to the next room category up to Resort Suite, however this room upgrade will be subject to our room availability upon arrival. Our receptionist team will review the room availability for you upon arrival and give the room upgrade which is available at the time of check in. You may booked start from deluxe garden category, however the room upgrade will still subject to our availability. Should you wish to secure the room before your arrival, we suggest you to book the suite room that you desired.

We have two different suite category, the first one is our suite room at the resort area and the second is our premium room Conrad Suite at the Conrad suite building. The room upgrade that entitle for our diamond guest will be up to our Resort ocean suite room at the resort area. Meanwhile, should you book our Conrad suite room our Conrad suites is located in separated compound and secluded building away from the main resort.

We hope above information suit you well,
Please do not hesitate to let us know should you need further assistance,

Thank you
Best Regards,
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Emailed Conrad Bali about room types and bed types and was told that all king bed conrad suites are booked during my stay (29Apr to 2May) and that the only suites left was a Conrad Ocean Suite.

Was also highlighted to me that there is only one Conrad Ocean Suite in the whole Conrad property so if I wanted it, i had to pay for the room difference in advance to secure the suites. Since I wanted it to be a special for my fiance, my wallet took one for the team.

Interesting to note that nowhere in their reply email was there anything that was complimentary. Everything had a price attached. I'm wondering if they're just using standard replies or it's really be raining massive moolah for the property?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So what happens if I book the resort ocean suite?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So what happens if I book the resort ocean suite?
The e-mail seems to suggest no further upgrades, however I'm sure I've read reports from folks getting upgraded into the Conrad suite building. Of course, all subject to availability upon arrival, or securing in advance with $$.

FWIW, I found the Conrad suites worth the price without risking relying on an upgrade. Between the spacious room, nice balcony, in-room breakfast and the unlimited laundry, I thought it was worth a premium. We initially booked a 'flexible' rate, and then waited for a 30% (?) sale to lock in a much lower, non-refundable rate.

YMMV.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
What would the chance be on an upgrade from the base room in July? I can imagine it will be fully booked in the high season.
As Diamond we'd still have access to the lounge, but I read somewhere (soft) drinks are chargeable there as well except during set times?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.