Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
If I choose the E-Upgrade option for Conrad Suite or Conrad Pool Suite is the Lounge Access guaranteed?

Is Internet free of charge for Gold Members? Is there Wifi available in the rooms?
WiFi is certainly available in suites and in public areas. I haven't been here in a regular room. Internet should be free for Gold and Diamond members in all HHonors properties.

E-upgrade will work, subject to availability. If you get Conrad Suite you will get all the suite benefits (access to suites only pool, free laundry and dry cleaning, free breakfast in any restaurant, lounge access, free internet, etc). Have a printout of nor1 upgrade selection confirmation with you.

They tried to charge me $30/day more onsite. I gave them printed confirmation, got an apology and nor1 upgrade price. Their excuse was that they have got a new system exactly the day I arrived
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by dabee69
They tried to charge me $30/day more onsite. I gave them printed confirmation, got an apology and nor1 upgrade price. Their excuse was that they have got a new system exactly the day I arrived
Actually, they did just upgrade their system! At our check out on 7/9 we saw print out and a letter (they slipped them under everyone's door) indicating that everyone had to pay up by 7/10 as they had to upgrade their system and reset their IT system, etc., etc. So I don't think they were trying to pull a fast one by you, they really did change their computer systems.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Aug 6, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Gold; HH Diamond; Hyatt Plat
HH reward with kids?

The Conrad Bali is on my shortlist for a reward stay in summer 2012.

When I select a HH reward room for 2 adults / 2 kids, I am shown no availability for the summer. When i change that to only 2 adults, plenty of reward availabilty shows.

Has anyone successfully booked a reward room at this property for more than two guests? THANKS!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by NightTripper
The Conrad Bali is on my shortlist for a reward stay in summer 2012.

When I select a HH reward room for 2 adults / 2 kids, I am shown no availability for the summer. When i change that to only 2 adults, plenty of reward availabilty shows.

Has anyone successfully booked a reward room at this property for more than two guests? THANKS!
Just book if for 2 adults...the front desk agents won't care.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by ttomlin
how many points did you spend per night ?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:55 am
soy

Programs: various
Had a recent GLON6 stay at Conrad Bali. Hotel was fully booked except for Conrad Suites (verified on Hilton.com) so no upgrade, unless you count 4th floor as an upgrade. That said, room was fine and I have no complaints on that front. In any case we did not spend very much time in our room during our trip to Bali.
We really enjoyed our stay here and toddler Soy had a ball. The resort is an excellent choice for kids. Staff were all superb and the service levels up to the usual Asian Conrad standards. Food was excellent, albeit expensive vis a vis local prices.

As diamond we had access to Conrad Suites lounge, but were told that toddler Soy could not go there after breakfast. This is not a problem as they allow you to obtain the exact same drinks/snacks at the ‘East’ bar instead (this located beside the lobby and overlooks the main pool). In some respects ‘East’ is preferable to the Suites lounge if you are staying in the main hotel, so no complaints there. They call this service ‘connoisseur’. We also got the 15% discounts that others have mentioned.

The lounge situation for diamonds is kinda complicated so I will try to set it out here.

Conrad Suites guests and HHDiamond get access to the Conrad Suites Lounge. This is located in the Suites part of the hotel. Children are not allowed in CS lounge.
Guests with children who would otherwise have access to the CS lounge, can instead take afternoon tea (3-5pm) and evening cocktails in ‘East’ from 5-7pm (you can even visit both locations, as one evening I had a drink in the CS lounge before later going over to East for more drinks after toddler Soy had woken up form his nap).
Breakfast for HHDiamond is served in RIN which is located in the CS section of the hotel.
Breakfast is also served in ‘Suku’ (main restaurant)

During busy times the hotel also opens ‘Spice’. This is located on the 3rd floor near the Spa. It is a pretty flexible space. It can be a breakfast area in the mornings and they can make it a lounge later on (presumably if CS is full, Diamonds will be directed to Spice for lounge purposes). During our stay, Spice was open for breakfast 4 of the days but was not open as a lounge at all.

Finally there is also ‘Reflections’ which is located on the ground floor. This is the departures/arrivals lounge complete with showers, tea/coffee facilities.

One day we took breakfast in ‘Eight Degrees South’ (a la carte restaurant overlooking the beach) as Suku was full, at the suggestion of the Suku host. In hindsight, it seems that I could have had breakfast just about anywhere as a diamond. FWIW, I found Spice to have the best breakfast. It had more or less the same buffet options as Suku but also had some of the Eight Degrees a la carte options, such as eggs Benedict. Spice suited us better than Eight Degrees due to toddler Soy (needs to get food fast once he is sitting at the table). It is also quieter than Suku which can get very hectic at peak times. I did not bother going to RIN for breakfast as I was happy enough with the other options.

It’s a half hour walk along the beach path to the shops at Bali Collection, though there is also a free shuttle bus. We walked, partly for the exercise and also to see some of the other resorts that are along the way (Westin, Hyatt etc.)
About halfway to Bali collection there is a nice local restaurant called Kenndi Kunning (beside the Club Med resort) that is about half the price of the Conrad. We had lunch here several days and found it good value. There are also cheaper places but we were happy with the cost/quality ratio here.

We used the excellent Dewa Marco (as recommended on FT) for our trips to see the rest of Bali.

Overall we had a great stay and I would not hesitate to recommend this property for anyone looking for good hotel in Nusa Dua.

Last edited by soy; Sep 14, 2011 at 10:50 am
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
^ Fine summary of some Diamond benefits as well as other aspects of this very nice hotel, soy.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Found the info - removed post

Last edited by JONEZY00; Oct 26, 2011 at 2:10 pm
Old Oct 31, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by ttomlin
What about number of beds to accommodate 4 persons?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:23 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold, LH Senator,
Just had two wonderfull stays at the Conrad. Both were reward stays using Diamond force because hotel was fully booked. Both times I received an upgrade to Conrad Suites, which was nice. The team was VERY nice and helpfull at all times and I really enjoyed my time. I lost some memory cards on my trip back home and thought that I might have left them in the room. The Conrad Suites team really went above and beyond trying to find them and send me multiple emails apologizing for my loss. Food was great and even though there are no free drinks at all time, the afternoon tea and evening reception with cocktails were very nice! The little snacks (sushi, sate...) along with some good cocktails were delicious as in all Asian Conrad properties I have been to. The only complaint I might have was that WiFi reception in the room was not very good. A nice touch was that in contrast to most other Hilton hotels they offered bath robes and slippers in different sizes which is nice if you are 6'4 like me. Thank you very much to the Conrad Bali team for making my stays so enjoyable! It's the staff and management at hotels like the Conrad that keeps me staying at Hiltons eventhough Hilton corporate does its best to drive guests away. The latest devaluation by "offering" premium rewards is a joke!

Last edited by flo0816; Nov 3, 2011 at 3:30 am
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
We just returned from a five day stay at this property. We were impressed daily at the exceptional service at the Conrad Bali. I had emailed about two weeks before our arrival about requests related to our anniversary, all were taken care of without issue. Checking in was the most complete and personal I have experienced. They seemed to sincerely want to make sure everything was perfect. As a diamond we had access to the Suites Lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktail hour and again the service was stellar. The food and beverages were on the high side for Bali, but par for the resorts. The food quality was great as was the perperation. This was easily one of the best properties in the Hilton chain we have stayed with.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Rainy season experience?

We just booked at the Conrad Bali for early March. Based on the pages of generally nice experiences posted here, we felt like this looked like an excellent place for a vacation. I know that this is still in the midst of the rainy season, which appears not to end until early April. I've read that it doesn't typically rain all of the time, often just in the afternoons. Can we expect some sun in the mornings/early afternoons during our 7-night stay?

March was the only time that we could schedule a vacation for the upcoming year and we really wanted to do something exotic and it also had to coincide with reward flight availability (we like to redeem in business class).
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jefftiger
Can we expect some sun in the mornings/early afternoons during our 7-night stay?

I was just there two weekends ago, during CNY. Did not see the sun once the entire stay, and it pretty much rained all day. I live in Jakarta, and it has been a stange rainy season so far. You are right, it is USUALLY sunny in mornings, and rainy in afternoons. However, it has been different this year on Java. Cloudy all day, but with less rain in the afternoon.

I'm headed back to Bali for a weekend in early March, praying to see some sun as well.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I'm headed back to Bali for a weekend in early March, praying to see some sun as well.
Thanks for the update. Let's hope that March proves to be more favorable from a weather perspective!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: OneW(Gold) Virgin(Gold) StarA(Hons) Hilton(Diam) ICG(Plat) Marriott(Gold) Amex Cent
Top notch

Really, really impressed with this hotel, the facilities and even more important, the service and the friendliness of the staff. We were for 10 days so also had a chance to "get to know" some of the staff members, which was nice.

Always attentive, their friendliness appearing genuine as opposed to professional (not meaning to say in any way they were not professional, but I hope you know what I mean).

We were in a special part of the building (the term escapes me), which had its own breakfast area (ground level and terrace), as well as the executive lounge (upstairs w/balconies). The room/suite also came with additional services. I particularly liked what we soon referred to as the "magic basket": All clothes that you put in there appeared clean and nicely folded on the bed a few hours later ;-)

Some things can be a bit pricey. But you pay for quality. And it's never fair to compare a 5* resort with the prices in the local snack hut (although I sometimes prefer the latter to eat with the locals when I travel).

All well organised. As a special example, I had suffered a form of insect bite or something during a stop-over in Seoul. Nothing really serious but part of my arm was very swollen and with signs of infection around the bite. I had sent an email to the hotel just to ask whether there would be a doctor available for an examination should it worsen. Upon arrival (having been picked-up from the airport in a very efficient and friendly manner), I was taken straight to a doctor who had been alerted and was called in to match my time of arrival. Impressive.

As noted, the hotel and everything about it is top notch. The only bad thing about the location is that in order to explore other the parts of the island, you have to drive through Kuta and with the level of traffic, that might take a while... We skipped a couple of planned excursions/trips for that reason because we got tired of the traffic. In other place we've spent the day on the beach and then made those late afternoon / evening trips, but not so much an option here.

People on Bali lovely all around.
There are plans to build a new road (partly over water) to link this part of the island to the airport area without having to go through Kuta. If that happens, the traffic issues will be removed. I wouldn't make that a precondition to return to the Conrad though!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.