Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Yes, while researching my options last year, I asked that question. As a Gold I was offered an upgrade to a Club Suite from a points booked room for $240++ per night.

Wow, $240.

Mike
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Can they book the regular room with points and then upgrade to the Suites with cash?

Yes. Send an email and they will reply back with the cost details.
This pretty much goes for any property anywhere, not just Hilton but other chains like Starwood too. If I will be spending some time in a property generally getting the room I want is too important to leave to chance. The additional cost to guarantee a room type may be surprisingly low. I seem to recall spending something like C$50 per night over Xmas and New Year to get the suite I really wanted at the Hilton Whistler for instance, over and above a redemption stay.

This year I am doing something similar with the Westin Whistler to get the Mountain Loft suite I really want guaranteed from a redemption. A telephone conversation can yield better results than an email though I tend to find.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Some question,

1) Anybody has info for the next huge discount for Conrad Bali? I'm planning to go Conrad on February but the rate seem not interesting enough. Is it possible to get any room below USD150 mark?

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Putra
Some question,

1) Anybody has info for the next huge discount for Conrad Bali? I'm planning to go Conrad on February but the rate seem not interesting enough. Is it possible to get any room below USD150 mark?

Thanks
what is the rate you are getting????
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, SK Diamond, Finnair Gold, BA Silver
We've been at the Conrad Bali twice, first in Jan 2007 as a couple, then Jan 2009 with a 10-month old and are considering going back now in Jan 2011 with...another 1 year old.

We loved the old executive lounge - fantastic staff and service - though that remains the case today of course. My feeling about the Suites area is that it certainly is more tucked away which makes it more quiet and private, but conversely its hidden nature and generally low occupancy rate could mean it may feel a bit too lonely. I'd also worry it feels considerably hotter as I doubt you get the same nice constant breeze as in the bales on the beach - and more greenery may increase the mosquito count. I could be wrong.

Regarding the music pretty much constantly played from the main pool area (until 9 - 10pm anyway) - it is cool for the first afternoon or so, then it gets monotonous and after a week it kind of gets to you. We changed room from a central wing to a side wing once just to escape from that "noise". Difficult to sleep early basically. Something to watch if you care about such things.

Upon our second visit, when the lounge was in Spice (and certainly in the old EL/departure lounge), we were explicitly told that we could not bring in a baby. The baby/child policy currently seems a bit unclear to me based on previous posts so I'd be checking that if going there as a Hhonors Gold/Diamond with a family. In general, though, the staff there - particularly the girls working in the restaurants, go absolutely crazy over small cute babies (taking pictures, wanting to hold/babysit/walk) which we found nice.

We do love the property and have probably had our best week-long holidays here, to the extent we are even considering going back a third time rather than trying something new in the world.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by saad
what is the rate you are getting????
For the date I tried, its 196++ for basic room. I wonder is this are good rate or what? From the promotion given, it stated 15% off already. Somebody told me to wait for January instead of make a booking now for February stays. What do you think?

Another promotion is stay 5 night and get 500USD credit , the rate for the basic room stays at 230++ for basic.

Last edited by Putra; Nov 9, 2010 at 1:25 pm Reason: Adding some question
Old Nov 9, 2010, 6:06 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by RoarAhead
We've been at the Conrad Bali twice, first in Jan 2007 as a couple, then Jan 2009 with a 10-month old and are considering going back now in Jan 2011 with...another 1 year old.

We loved the old executive lounge - fantastic staff and service - though that remains the case today of course. My feeling about the Suites area is that it certainly is more tucked away which makes it more quiet and private, but conversely its hidden nature and generally low occupancy rate could mean it may feel a bit too lonely. I'd also worry it feels considerably hotter as I doubt you get the same nice constant breeze as in the bales on the beach - and more greenery may increase the mosquito count. I could be wrong.

Regarding the music pretty much constantly played from the main pool area (until 9 - 10pm anyway) - it is cool for the first afternoon or so, then it gets monotonous and after a week it kind of gets to you. We changed room from a central wing to a side wing once just to escape from that "noise". Difficult to sleep early basically. Something to watch if you care about such things.

Upon our second visit, when the lounge was in Spice (and certainly in the old EL/departure lounge), we were explicitly told that we could not bring in a baby. The baby/child policy currently seems a bit unclear to me based on previous posts so I'd be checking that if going there as a Hhonors Gold/Diamond with a family. In general, though, the staff there - particularly the girls working in the restaurants, go absolutely crazy over small cute babies (taking pictures, wanting to hold/babysit/walk) which we found nice.

We do love the property and have probably had our best week-long holidays here, to the extent we are even considering going back a third time rather than trying something new in the world.
Went in July and had a well behaved 9 yo in tow. We were able to use Spice and the Lounge for one day only, after that we were "kicked" out of the lounge and Spice for Breakfast, Tea and evening drinks, unless we didn't want to bring her along. We were able to use the lobby bar for tea and drinks and the main restraurant for breakfast. All in all not that big of a deal, but when you're staying in the Suites as we were, it was a long haul to use those facilities and the pool (since kids are not allowed there too).

The lounges were nice and I would enjoy them w/out kids, but the lobby bar was a nice spot to hang and people watch, not as much going on at Spices to do so.

Good luck w/ your infants, I'm not sure what they will do, in my most recent trip we found the service about 85% when in Feb 2007 it was like 150%
Old Nov 10, 2010, 3:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, SK Diamond, Finnair Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by rkaradi
Went in July and had a well behaved 9 yo in tow. We were able to use Spice and the Lounge for one day only, after that we were "kicked" out of the lounge and Spice for Breakfast, Tea and evening drinks, unless we didn't want to bring her along. We were able to use the lobby bar for tea and drinks and the main restraurant for breakfast. All in all not that big of a deal, but when you're staying in the Suites as we were, it was a long haul to use those facilities and the pool (since kids are not allowed there too).

The lounges were nice and I would enjoy them w/out kids, but the lobby bar was a nice spot to hang and people watch, not as much going on at Spices to do so.

Good luck w/ your infants, I'm not sure what they will do, in my most recent trip we found the service about 85% when in Feb 2007 it was like 150%
That's useful information, though not in a good way. Pretty harsh to exclude a Diamond/Gold from enjoying full benefits just because we happen to have (in this case, well behaved) kids. The eldest one would of course be nearly 3 at the time. There's certainly no point in booking the Suites if you can't even use the local pool. I don't know - this child policy turns me off the idea of staying again. Sorry to hear service has gone downhill.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
For the date I tried, its 196++ for basic room. I wonder is this are good rate or what? From the promotion given, it stated 15% off already. Somebody told me to wait for January instead of make a booking now for February stays. What do you think?

Another promotion is stay 5 night and get 500USD credit , the rate for the basic room stays at 230++ for basic.
under $200 in feb is a pretty decent rate....
Old Nov 10, 2010, 5:34 am

under $200 in feb is a pretty decent rate....
Owh Thanks for the info. I thought the rate should be around 150 in February since its a low season, no?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Owh Thanks for the info. I thought the rate should be around 150 in February since its a low season, no?
low season does start in feb but i don't remember seeing the conrad for under $150 in a long time....you will be able to get lots of other hotels for around $100 a night in feb....
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by RoarAhead
That's useful information, though not in a good way. Pretty harsh to exclude a Diamond/Gold from enjoying full benefits just because we happen to have (in this case, well behaved) kids. The eldest one would of course be nearly 3 at the time. There's certainly no point in booking the Suites if you can't even use the local pool. I don't know - this child policy turns me off the idea of staying again. Sorry to hear service has gone downhill.
Yeah it makes it hard to pay for a Suite when you can't use all the services, but remember that as a Diamond you have access to the lounges anyhow, no matter where you stay. Not sure about about the pool though. This past trip we stayed in 3 room types and I must say I was blown away buy the size of the suites and just the overall feel. We also stayed in a corner top floor unit in the main wing (also a 2 room suite not sure of category type) that had a plunge pool and extra 1/2 bath. It was also very nice and large and if I had not stayed in the new suites would have been way impressed. Plus it had views and a cool breeze, a nice room. You may want to inquire on rates of that room type.

As for service at 75% it was still hands down better than many US Resorts and Hilton properties. It's just that the bar was set so high from our last visit. I would still rank this one neat the top of my list of hotels.

low season does start in feb but i don't remember seeing the conrad for under $150 in a long time....you will be able to get lots of other hotels for around $100 a night in feb....
Last time I sae it under $100 was 2007 when a room could be had for $75-80 and the Four Seasons was under $200
Old Nov 11, 2010, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rkaradi
Last time I sae it under $100 was 2007 when a room could be had for $75-80 and the Four Seasons was under $200
ah, i miss those days....never saw it below $100 but i remember seeing rates just a little over $100 back in 2007....
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:15 pm

Can you please post the link to the 5 nights and $500 credit offer?

Cheers.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:09 pm

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/c...tyhocn=BPNCICI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.