Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}

Old Sep 12, 2010, 6:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Phuket might be a better bet, but Bali Conrad is a very nice place for a 25th. I'd probably plan to stay and use a driver (like Wayan Suetayasa) to hit the highlands and other away-from-Nusa Dua places.

Too bad the Conrad Ubud, Indonesia isn't scheduled to open until sometime in 2013 - that would be a great place! Also note - it's hard to advise without a hint or a clue as to what you guys like to do.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
had an amazing stay here a couple of months ago....check out my post here....
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Congratulations on our 25th!

Just finished a wonderful six-night stay there with a mix of free night certificates (from the first and second quarter specials HH ran) and cash. It was our tenth anniversary and we got upgraded to a very nice suite. I'll post in the next week or two about our stay and the other places we went in Bali. You shouldn't count on an upgrade to a suite, but it can't hurt to email the general manager (as I did) to very nicely, politely ask. If you need his email address, just pm me.

One thing I'd suggest considering is going to at least a couple of other places on the island, to get more of a feel for Bali than you will at Nusa Dua (which is where the Conrad is located).
Old Sep 14, 2010, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
If you need his email address, just pm me.
his email address is actually available on the property site here....
Old Oct 7, 2010, 4:23 pm

strange.... couldn't find any date by trying to find a a reward (7 days) from now on until may 2011, even for only one day... no chance - after the first step of the search there show up a "reward available" and if selecting it => error. is this normal ? maybe the only chance is to ask the hilton reservations & customer care by phone ?

perhaps someone do have some successful experience in getting an award (booking online) at this hotel ?

thanks !
Old Oct 8, 2010, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mosher2k
strange.... couldn't find any date by trying to find a a reward (7 days) from now on until may 2011, even for only one day... no chance - after the first step of the search there show up a "reward available" and if selecting it => error. is this normal ? maybe the only chance is to ask the hilton reservations & customer care by phone ?

perhaps someone do have some successful experience in getting an award (booking online) at this hotel ?

thanks !
they might not have loaded the award inventory yet....or it could be yet another problem with hilton's website....

best to call hilton & find out....
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
What about going on a Reward stay as a Diamond. What could one reasonably expect to get?

Would you be treated differently than a Diamond that was paying for the stay?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Reading upthread, it seems one gets treated pretty well. But much treatment (how much of an upgrade) is always dependent on occupancy.

Originally Posted by Motorskills
What about going on a Reward stay as a Diamond. What could one reasonably expect to get?

Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

my 2 best hilton stays were award stays....not just award stays, but diamond force award stays....
Old Oct 8, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by saad
my 2 best hilton stays were award stays....not just award stays, but diamond force award stays....
Ah, my understanding of the Hilton programme just increased - Diamond Force can be used for Award stays as well, eh?

That's cool.

edit: Turns out there is a massive thread on it :O

Last edited by Motorskills; Oct 8, 2010 at 2:38 pm
Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, my understanding of the Hilton programme just increased - Diamond Force can be used for Award stays as well, eh?

That's cool.

edit: Turns out there is a massive thread on it :O
its one of the best features of being diamond....
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
My parents have paid for 12 days at the Conrad Bali using points in February. They are gold, so won't get upgraded to Suites based on that.

Does anyone know if:

A) They can book the Conrad Suites with points, obviously at a higher amount than the regular rate? Or

B) Can they book the regular room with points and then upgrade to the Suites with cash?

Thanks,
Mike
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Can they book the regular room with points and then upgrade to the Suites with cash?

Yes. Send an email and they will reply back with the cost details.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by mikeef
B) Can they book the regular room with points and then upgrade to the Suites with cash?
Yes, while researching my options last year, I asked that question. As a Gold I was offered an upgrade to the Conrad Suites from a points booked room for $240++ per night.

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Nov 4, 2010 at 6:48 pm
Old Nov 4, 2010, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
My parents have paid for 12 days at the Conrad Bali using points in February. They are gold, so won't get upgraded to Suites based on that.

Does anyone know if:

A) They can book the Conrad Suites with points, obviously at a higher amount than the regular rate? Or

Thanks,
Mike
as per the rules of the program even diamonds are not upgraded to the conrad suites....

the nor1 upgrade system gives you the option to upgrade to a bunch of different rooms....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.