Hilton Naples {US-FL}

Old Mar 27, 2000, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Arrow Hilton Naples {US-FL}

Trip report: Just opened 6 weeks ago. Very deluxe decor - esp on the Towers floor. Granite countertops, fancy baseboards and door moldings, etc. Wonderfully friendly staff (though no one at check out had a clue how to put my husband's Mileage Plus number in the computer). Not on the beach but has a free beach shuttle - an 800 number guy told me it was water front. Strange outdoor layout with pool to the side and not much garden around it. Heck, no water slide! More of a business hotel than a resort. Walking distance to Barnes and Noble!!!

Adam Burke: I finally got a Senior HHonors rate but had to do it at 830 PM the night we drove in. Previous to that, we were quoted astronomical figures, and, at one point, told the hotel was sold out. Our quotes prior to arrival ranged from $250 to $400, no discounts avail. That night we snagged a $99 rate and got upgraded to Towers. Happy me! Great guy named Adam on the 800 HHONORS number got me the rate. Gave me directions from my phone booth to the hotel. I told him he had a bright future at Hilton with a name like Adam!
Old Jun 27, 2005, 8:12 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Arrow Hilton Naples {US-FL}

my wife and i have a July 4 week stay booked at the Hilton Naples (FL). Anyone who has stayed here before that could give me any feedback on hotel or things to do would be greatly appreciated.

What can i expect being a Gold HHonors? Should i call the hotel directly to see if i can get an kind of upgraded? Thanks
Old Jun 27, 2005, 9:25 am

Never stayed there - I live in Naples.
It's a nice newer hotel. Not on the beach, but you can walk and then take a free trolley to the beach (near Registry Resort).

Near the Hilton is a nice upscale shopping center with some nice restaurants = Waterside Shops.

It wouldn't harm to call and ask for Gold upgrades
Old Jun 27, 2005, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
I use to stay at the Doubletree in Bonita Springs all the time for work - just north of Naples. Unfortunately stone crab season is over by then. I loved the restaurant called Cloyds but the restaurant in Naples are generally good. You might go to marco island. There is also some sort of water taxi/boat thing to the keys that you might do. If you are looking for maybe a less crowded beach, you might go to Bonita Springs beach - i use to go walk on the beach there all the time after work was finished. There is a good cheesy tiki bar at on the hotels on tamiamia trail - its not on the water - if i remember the name i will let you know. The Hyatt Resort north of naples on the way back to ft myers is worth seeing - gorgeous property - perhaps lunch or dinner would be good there one evening. Of course, the best thing is the sunsets!
Old Jun 28, 2005, 7:00 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
thanks everyone
Old Jun 30, 2005, 10:36 am

I stayed at the Hilton on Tamiami Trail a number of times a few years ago. As a Gold I always very good service, a room on the top floor, and access to the lounge (free snacks, etc., but not free beer/wine, as I recall).

The Shula's restaurant in the property is very good but a bit pricy.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:58 pm

stayed there in April

Originally Posted by winialsl
my wife and i have a July 4 week stay booked at the Hilton Naples (FL). Anyone who has stayed here before that could give me any feedback on hotel or things to do would be greatly appreciated.

What can i expect being a Gold HHonors? Should i call the hotel directly to see if i can get an kind of upgraded? Thanks
This might be too late to help with a 4th of July stay, but I stayed there one night on an award stay this past April, and I thought that the lounge was pretty decent - that is probably the only thing to really want in terms of Gold treatment. Other than that, this is a clean and new property, but not that much to do. Beach isn't convenient unless you don't mind a 15 minute walk. The claim on the website that they have a beach concierge service is misleading since they only have 2 trips a day and both are relatively early, so if you want an afternoon beach experience, you are on your own. Pool is nice but on the small side. Workout facilities are above average. There is a bar, but not a night club. Shulas steak house or something like that... I imagine it is very good and very expensive for dinner. I think that the touristy part of Naples was down around 3rd ave, but I can't remember for certain.

BJFly
Old Jul 2, 2005, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by BJfly
I think that the touristy part of Naples was down around 3rd ave, but I can't remember for certain.

BJFly
The "Main Streets" are Fifth Avenue South and 3rd Street South (at/near 13th Avenue South) .. not far from the pier.

http://www.fifthavenuesouth.com/
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:23 pm

Hilton Naples, FL for a new H *G member - Process?

Hi all,
Recently inducted into the HH Gold club via Aeroplan.

Can anyone please advise me of the benefits of being a Gold and staying at the property in Naples (not Marco). I am holding a room between XMas and New Years but am not sure whether to keep it. As a gold, I was told the upgrade was at time of checkin and there was not comp breakfast. Reviewing posts here seems to point otherwise.
1. Can someone explain the process.
2. Is the pool open for use in late December
3. Does climate allow for swimming
4. Any golf courses in the area recommended?
5. Any tips on getting a better bang for the buck while down there at that time

As always, your help is appreciated.

/J.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 7:28 am

Question Hilton Naples Florida looking for feedback

Planning trip to Naples Florida in November. Anyone have any feedback on the Hilton Naples.
Thanks,

Last edited by Canarsie; Sep 11, 2006 at 8:25 am Reason: This milepost has been merged into this thread unedited.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 8:22 pm
DH

Any recent experience?
Is the executive lounge open on weekend?

Thanks,
Old Jun 4, 2009, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
I am at the property now. Upgraded to the Philharmonic Suite on the Executive floor. Decent food served there tonite. the Concierge (Hope) is on of the best I have encountered. Great location and great service. All of that for a Visa summer rate of $78!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 7:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Back from the dead as I bump a rather old thread. Staying here now and must say it is one of those times when you just really appreciate good service. Needed 2 more nights to move to Diamond so my wife and I packed up the dogs and headed a few hours south to this property. No room upgrade due to having the dogs, but instead gave us breakfast each morning (upgraded breakfast) and lounge access.

Property is nice in a beach setting kind of way. Room is clean and plenty spacious for a normal king size room. A wonderful Shulas down stairs and for those steak fans, Shulas is just incredible.

The service is where this property shined however. From the check in desk, to the wonderful lady working the small but fun lounge, they are really going out of their way to make sure everybody is taken care of.

A quick inexpensive stay that is really making us remember why we love certain HH properties and why we came to this program 11 years ago.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
Thumbs up Great vacation, "updated" Hilton Naples review

HH Diamond ( 60+ nights in Hilton/Conrad hotels per year paid out of our own pocket ) : spending several weeks per year at this great property .
Stayed Oct./Nov. '13 for more than 2 weeks while Naples was getting ready for the long term visitors but this hotel was already very busy then with several fully booked days which did not bother us at all as most guests were in meetings or out of the hotel during the day .
Arrival : we normally drive into the covered parking ourselves, take the elevator from the parking to the beautifull lobby where we check in and only then unload our bags from the car downstairs with the help of one of the bellboys !
Alternative -which we never use - is to pull up at the front of the hotel under the coverded entrance , let bellman unload and get your car valet parked while you check in .
Front desk staff : lots of long term employees - very good sign in this industry where turn over rate is horrible !!- who know their repeat guests and their preferences but where everyone arriving gets greeted in a very professional , friendly, welcoming way which far surpasses the generic attention one gets in other places .
Exec. Floor and Exec. Rooms : top floor of the hotel with key access which is a great plus for us
The rooms we have stayed in since the beginning of our vacations here were always very clean ,very good beds with firm mattress and lots of pillows available ( firmer feather pillows would be an extra we would prefer here instead of softer synthetic material ).
Housekeeping staff and turndown service are fantastic on the Exec. floor and they really take care of the room and all amenities needed including supplying free daily bottles of water and coffee for the coffeemaker in the room .
The quality of bedlinnen and bathtowels is also very good and the laundry is very well done ( white towels are indeed white and not grey )
E.L. : on the small side with sometimes some waiting before there is a table free during breakfast but when supplies on the buffet run out one always an ask the lounge staff to check the kitchen for whatever is needed . Breakfast is served here in buffet with "continental " offerings : great bagels , fresh pastries , muffins , croissants ... , fresh fruit , yoghourt and lot of cereals . At noon fresh baked cookies from the kitchen and in the evening cheeses , vegetables and 2 hot plates with varying offerings . Honour bar with alcohol available .
Shula's : our favourite breakfast place ! If one likes cheese blitzes with rapsberry sauce this breakfast cook- " Garfield" - is your man but best to request the blitzes special at the front desk the day before or call the restaurant to ask if all ingredients to make chees blitzes are available ... Their french toast is also very nice as alternative choice.
Pool : renovated , extremly well kept and clean , good to swim laps . Sufficient amount of sunbeds provided and lots of place to take a tan or read in the shade . Most guest go to the beach so this is an oasis of rest and qiuet during the week ; can get a bit more crowded during weekends when guests from the Atlantic Florida coast come to Naples for R&R.
Fitness : was already very nice with plenty of precor machines provided ; is now being remodeled .
Bussiness centre : open for all guests , free, and with 2 to 3 working computers so very easy to check on emails or to print out boarding passes .

Surrounding area :
several great restaurants in downtown Naples and also several to be found closer the hotel with great Italian and Sushi choices less than 2 miles away .
open air shoppingmall with restaurants and several nice stores around the corner
Hilton beach shuttle is free and frequent with safe driving provided by the bellstaff , front desk waves you out with water, coolerbox and towels if you just ask for it )

Need for transport !!!! : In general we always rent a car for our entire vacation as distances to downtown and most stores plus restaurants are too far to walk or bike and it can get very hot !

This Hilton is a great place for vacation , to rest and to enjoy the Gulf side of Florida in a very discreet stylish setting without getting too " resort" style .
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Just had a four night stay at Hilton Naples. My first visit to the property. I am currently Gold (2 more nights until Diamond).

Nice lobby area. Spacious. Lots of seating. A little "old fashioned", but not old and worn out. Very nice reception from front desk clerk. They didn't upgrade me, but still gave me access to the exec. lounge. A nice benefit because my understanding is that Gold only gets exec. lounge if you get a room on the exec. lounge floor. Was also given four vouchers for breakfast at Shula's (the on site restaurant). Again, another benefit I didn't think Gold was supposed to get. So far, so good. Room was fine. Seemed slightly old, but not worn or anything. Exec. Lounge small. But plenty of beverages available. Booze is not complementary. Had lunch at Shula's on arrival day. Sat at the bar. Tasty French Dip sandwich. The bar also has a pretty nice selection of brown liquor. (scotch, bourbon, etc.). had dinner there the first night too. Pricey like any upscale steakhouse, but a nice prime rib. IF you like football, you'll like this place. Breakfast there was good too. One day, I just went to the exec lounge. Didn't feel like getting up early to have a full on breakfast. I just can't eat a big breakfast 40 minutes after waking up. But I gave it a go the rest of the days. The vouchers let me order anything I wanted off the menu. Again, a nice perk that I was not expecting. Sure, I'm on expense account, but it's still really nice for people that aren't. OR people hat get a flat per diem.

Really, a nice stay. In fact, I get to go back next week and stay four more nights. That stay will earn me Platinum. I really recommend this hotel if you are in Naples and don't need/want to be on the beach. They seem to treat people well, especially mid level elites.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.