Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Jacksonville, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Jacksonville, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2006, 7:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
Hilton HHonors Properties in Jacksonville

I did a search and could not find anything recent. There is no longer a Hilton in JAX, but there is an ES, many HI, and a couple of Homewoods. Any recommendations as to the best place to stay. I have a few nights in JAX in August. thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; Hilton Diamond
I just did a one-night stay at the new Hampton at JAX airport. I don't know how convienent it is to the city, but it's great for the airport. Everything was nice and well-run, especially considering it's only been open for two weeks. I had two rooms, both were huge.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
We stayed at the HGI Ponte Verde and were very impressed. Good location right next to the Marriott Sawgrass.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Delta Plat, United 2P
Gator Bowl

So with the announcement of Bobby Bowden having his last game at the Gator Bowl, my wife NEEDS to go. I got us tickets, but now I need to find a decent hotel.
The location to the game isn't that important, but we want to be near the action for New Years. I figure it is a good excuse to burn some Hilton points before the increase.

Right now I am leaning towards HGI-Southbank but any better suggestions will be taken.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:32 pm
In memoriam

Sorry - I've been really busy lately. Haven't checked messages. If you haven't already booked a room - I can give you my 2 cents about what's still available. Also - you can't miss the parade New Year's Eve late afternoon (rumor has it BB will be in the parade). Robyn
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Any updates here? Last response was 2009. I've got a one night stay in November so I'm not there long enough for the room to matter much. But I would like to know the best option for something close to stuff (store/restaurants/gym).

Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Where are you planning on staying? and why will you be in Jacksonville?

It really does make a difference to where you stay. Beaches (Jax), Beaches (Ponte Vedra), Downtown, Baymeadows, Orange Park, Southside, and the Airport have the greatest concentration of hotels, but the areas are very different.

Jacksonville is a very large city (885 square miles) and close is definitely a relative term here, so a car is usually a necessity.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
I need to be close to here:

The River Club
1 Independent Drive 34th Floor
Jacksonville, FL 32256

That puts the Hampton Inn Jacksonville as the closest. Anyone have an opinion of that property?
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hh Diamond, AS MVPG 75k
Can't comment on the Hampton Inn, but across the bridge in San Marco neighborhood is a fairly new Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites shared property. The HGI is nice, clean, new.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bartokian
Can't comment on the Hampton Inn, but across the bridge in San Marco neighborhood is a fairly new Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites shared property. The HGI is nice, clean, new.
+1

I stayed at both of these properties recently. Really like the new HGI!

The HGI in Ponte Vedra right outside of Sawgrass is super nice as well..

Also like staying at the Baymeadows Embassy..
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:48 pm

Haven't stayed at either one, but both are a couple of minutes by car. They both are also near a skyway station, but you would need to double check times as it closes fairly early. There is also a water taxi, but once again check the hours.

Last edited by KathinJax; Oct 6, 2011 at 6:34 am
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by bartokian
These are much closer to The River Club than any of the suburban properties. Excellent restaurants in the neighborhood if you don't eat at the RC. Great area to run if that is your thing. Less than 20 minutes to JAX.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:25 am

We're headed to Amelia Island soon -- and wondered about pros/cons for the 2 Hampton Inns there.

One is in town (Amelia Island Hampton Inn & Suites) near the river. It has more of a "Charleston" look and more suites avail.

The other (Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach) looks more like a generic Hampton and is about 2 blks from the beach.

TripAdvisor reviews for both are pretty good.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Any thoughts on which Southbank property to choose in Jacksonville? I need to be close to downtown, and there is a Doubletree, HGI, Homewood, and Hampton Inn all in pretty close proximity. Generally, I prioritize newer rooms and a quieter property/location.

Also, do people typically walk over the Main St Bridge / is it safe?

Originally Posted by robyng
The Jacksonville Zoo (near Amelia Island) - although not world class - is pretty good. There is an excellent collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture in Deland (Florida Southern College).
I understand this post was made 10 years ago and from a suspended account that (presumably) can't respond, but I thought I'd just comment briefly so no one else gets confused/misled.

If referring to the "Child of the Sun" collection of Frank Lloyd Wright at Florida Southern College, that is in Lakeland, some 200 miles from Jacksonville (it's between Tampa and Orlando). And even Deland is 100 miles from Jacksonville.

Also, the Jacksonville Zoo is not "near" Amelia Island - it's a 25mi drive from there. The zoo is not even 10mi from downtown Jacksonville. Perhaps OP meant that the zoo is vaguely in the same direction from downtown as Amelia Island.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
Any thoughts on which Southbank property to choose in Jacksonville? I need to be close to downtown, and there is a Doubletree, HGI, Homewood, and Hampton Inn all in pretty close proximity. Generally, I prioritize newer rooms and a quieter property/location.

Also, do people typically walk over the Main St Bridge / is it safe?
I believe that the HGI and Homewood Suites is the newest hotel (they share a building), it was built in 2009. However, the area is not the prettiest, it is next to a parking garage and almost under an overpass. You can walk under the overpass to take the skyway to Downtown. Otherwise, it is not something that I would walk to the Main St Bridge - it is probably about a 15-20 minute walk to the Doubletree.

The Doubletree used to be the Crowne Plaza until it was converted a few years ago. It sits at the base of the Main St Bridge and you can easily walk over to Downtown.

In the morning and early evening, you will encounter a ton of joggers and walkers as many people run the bridges. All of them are in areas that should be relatively quiet. There are a few condo buildings on the river, but most of the buildings in the area are commercial.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.