Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Krakow Hotel & Conference Center {POL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Krakow Hotel & Conference Center {POL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Krakow Hotel & Conference Center {POL}

Hello,

I have booked the Doubletree Cracow for a weekend mid October and recognized now that the opening is delayed till mid November.

Does anyone know how Hilton does handle the reservation ? Will they just cancel it or rebook myself for the same rate to another hotel of the Hilton chain in Cracow ? I don´t wanna call and ask cause they might just cancel without anything.

Any experience an that ?

Thanks !
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Is it prepaid?

How does the rate in the HGI compare?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:35 am
Original Poster

No it isn´t prepaid. I booked an AL rate which was quite cheap compared to all other hotels of the chain and this rate was available only on that hotel.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:31 am
Original Poster

The HGI is double the prize.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:21 am

OP, what is your level of elite status, if any, with Hilton?

(Side note - going to be in Krakow in 3 weeks and was considering that DT back when it said it was going to be open...figured maybe it would be nice and shiny, have a lounge, etc. as opposed to HGI. Ended up choosing the HGI based on location and not wanting to speculate - and I guess I am now very happy with that choice.)
Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Hauptstadteinwohner
Hello,

I have booked the Doubletree Cracow for a weekend mid October and recognized now that the opening is delayed till mid November.

Does anyone know how Hilton does handle the reservation ? Will they just cancel it or rebook myself for the same rate to another hotel of the Hilton chain in Cracow ? I don´t wanna call and ask cause they might just cancel without anything.

Any experience an that ?

Thanks !
Firstly since you were booking flex rates on a hotel tet to open and close to opening date you missed the obvious trick, to cover yourself by booking flex on a secondary hotel just in case of this happening. I would do this extra booking straight away as a backstop just in case

It is actually the hotels responsibility not that of Corporate Hilton to manage this issue and for your hotel to accommodate you somewhere else. However if your stay is close to an opening date hotels obviously need keep your booking as hotel does not want to open empty and hotel only let's you know very near your stay if they can't give you a room as opening is overrunning

Unfortunately hotels often just drop you in it emailing you a cancelation only 7 or so days out and if hotel is new to Hilton thinking this is not a walk as they gave a weeks notice and thinking walk is an at checkin only event

It should not work like that as then you would be trying to book a hotel only a few days out when mostly rates are higher at available hotels than the non months ago when you booked your problem hotel

If you have Hilton Elite Status Hilton zhonours helpfdesk may pressure the hotel for you but if you have no status that is less likely. If and when hotel informs you they can't manage your room dates, they may do the decent thing and book you elsewhere
Old Aug 22, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
It actually does not seem to be a good location for a Tourist. Probably ok for Business.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Call Hilton and ask to be moved to another property at the same rate?
Old Oct 24, 2015, 5:59 pm

Doubletree Krakow

Does anyone know the public transport options
from the Krakow airport to the new Krakow Doubletree.

thanks
Old Oct 24, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I looked at staying there. It appears that several of the trams from the old town area stop on the main road that is just south of the mall which is just south of the hotel.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
I looked at staying there. It appears that several of the trams from the old town area stop on the main road that is just south of the mall which is just south of the hotel.
Yep, tram #1 runs right through there.

OP, to explore your transit options, play around with this: http://krakow.jakdojade.pl/

Generally speaking, it is incredibly good, though it doesn't look like the new airport rail link is included yet. I don't know if that's the fault of the transit site developer, or if there have been operational delays with the rail link.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: ]
It's really close to old town. I stayed at the Hampton, which is right beside the double tree. Uber ride to old town only costs zl12-13.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
As far as I know, the train from the airport to the central train station is up and running again after being non-operational for a very long time.
http://www.inyourpocket.com/krakow/K...Airport_36403v
And taxis from the airport has a fixed rate depending on the distance.
http://www.krakowairport.pl/en/passe...vice,a202.html

And thank you for starting this thread about the hotel - yesterday I considered starting one as I'll probably go there next summer.
So I'll post my questions here :
According to the hotel's website, the windows can be opened but I would like a confirmation from someone who has been there.
And how is the lounge?
Any additional information is also welcome....

Last edited by helosc; Oct 24, 2015 at 10:59 pm
Old Oct 25, 2015, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cheukiecfu
It's really close to old town. I stayed at the Hampton, which is right beside the double tree. Uber ride to old town only costs zl12-13.
Not really close, over 3km distance. Easy to reach with tram also. I don't know if there is walkway to street after the mall closes in the evening, we walked through the mall.

Stayed at Hampton in August, DT was not yet open. Tiny rooms, nice breakfast.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Have booked a room for 6 nights in March & have just been informed that the executive lounge is not available. As this was the main reason I booked this particular Krakow hotel (i think its the only one in the Hilton chain in Krakow with a lounge) I'm a trifle disappointed. Haven't been informed of any alternatives that are in place to compensate the loss of the lounge.
Anybody else have experience of this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.