Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by inig0m0nt0ya
I called and they said only the Rose Brunch is closed in April (Sundays). Other days it will operate as normal. They also said that the adult price is $56, my 5yo would be $20 and my 2yo would be free, but I also got an email from the concierge that said Adults $56, Children $40, 5 and under $15. Not sure which one to believe.
Thank you! Wasn't going to do that insanely priced brunch anyways. $15-20 per kids is doable.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by sopel
Thank you! Wasn't going to do that insanely priced brunch anyways. $15-20 per kids is doable.
Just went 2 days ago. Can confirm 5 years old was $15. 2 adult and 1 5 years old came up about $160 after tax and tip. I’d say food is decent but no where near worth it’s price. Loulu opens at 6:30am and serves a few made to order food between $15 to $25. Food was just ok but portions are decent. If you don’t mind take out and about 10 minutes of walking. I ended up mostly go to Island Gourmet Markets next to the hotel. They have made to order deli section opens at 6am for very good price and portion.
I can’t post the link but they have menu with price on their website.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Enzoshadow
Just went 2 days ago. Can confirm 5 years old was $15. 2 adult and 1 5 years old came up about $160 after tax and tip. I’d say food is decent but no where near worth it’s price. Loulu opens at 6:30am and serves a few made to order food between $15 to $25. Food was just ok but portions are decent. If you don’t mind take out and about 10 minutes of walking. I ended up mostly go to Island Gourmet Markets next to the hotel. They have made to order deli section opens at 6am for very good price and portion.
Great info, thanks. We plan to do the buffet once or twice, but mostly walk to Island Gourmet Market and grab take out.

Any additional info on recent upgrades?
Old Apr 5, 2024, 5:32 pm

Old Apr 5, 2024, 5:33 pm

By any chance did you park your car here? Any sweet spots around the resort to avoid parking fees?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by crazypaving
By any chance did you park your car here? Any sweet spots around the resort to avoid parking fees?
I am staying 6 nights, and only doing valet for 1st and last night, because as much as I hate the high valet fee and regular waiting and tipping. Dealing with luggage would be too difficult with kid. If you rent from Avis at Wailea (15 minutes walk or $5 uber one way), they let you park there over night for free. They have plenty of spots. I just walk back and forth to pick up car and drop off family at the valet if they don’t feel like walking. It’s quite a nice walk honestly unless when it’s too hot. Otherwise, others suggested Kaukahi st south of Fairmount hotel has free overnight street parking.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:46 pm

Is there still a shuttle at the hotel? Considering doing the Avis trick, but wondered if the shuttle would take me to the Wailea emerald golf course or Monkey Pod (the uphill walk is tough).
Old Apr 7, 2024, 12:45 am

I am staying 6 nights, and only doing valet for 1st and last night, because as much as I hate the high valet fee and regular waiting and tipping. Dealing with luggage would be too difficult with kid. If you rent from Avis at Wailea (15 minutes walk or $5 uber one way), they let you park there over night for free. They have plenty of spots. I just walk back and forth to pick up car and drop off family at the valet if they don’t feel like walking. It’s quite a nice walk honestly unless when it’s too hot. Otherwise, others suggested Kaukahi st south of Fairmount hotel has free overnight street parking.
Hey.. It’s my last day today. I found this location mentioned many posts above and have parked here for my stay. There are no lights if you take main road for return to the resort. But if you walk on ocean side “beach path” that goes all the way along wailea beach, it’s gorgeous view.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:01 am

Is there still a shuttle at the hotel? Considering doing the Avis trick, but wondered if the shuttle would take me to the Wailea emerald golf course or Monkey Pod (the uphill walk is tough).
I haven't tried, because I've been using the walk as an excuse to walk off all the meals, but the lady at Avis told Grand Wailea does offer shuttle, and suggest me to take it if needed.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
When I was last year (2 years ago), we had rented a car from OGG... this time around, not planning to do so. Whats a good/reliable private transfer service for 6 people? I dont want taxi/uber, prefer to have a private SUV pick us up at OGG and take to the GW.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 7:47 am

Currently staying with family in three rooms (ranging in age from 1 to 75). Everyone is very happy with the amenities (beach, resort, pool, spa, service, Lagoon ocean view rooms). We haven’t noticed any construction anywhere. We are having a great stay and would come back.

We don’t love the valet parking. Yesterday, we waited 20 minutes for our car at dinner. This is a long time for children. We tried calling ahead, but no one picked up. Be careful if you need to make a flight, excursion, etc. If we didn’t have a baby, we would park off property.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ezrp
Currently staying with family in three rooms (ranging in age from 1 to 75). Everyone is very happy with the amenities (beach, resort, pool, spa, service, Lagoon ocean view rooms). We haven’t noticed any construction anywhere. We are having a great stay and would come back.

We don’t love the valet parking. Yesterday, we waited 20 minutes for our car at dinner. This is a long time for children. We tried calling ahead, but no one picked up. Be careful if you need to make a flight, excursion, etc. If we didn’t have a baby, we would park off property.
Thanks for the update.

We are flying in tomorrow. Taking uber from the airport and renting from Avis in Wailea - to avoid parking at the hotel. We have 3 little kids so I plan to drop them off and park at Avis. If we find that too cumbersome, I'll bite the bullet and pay for parking, but we hope we won't have to.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 10:05 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Thanks for the update.

We are flying in tomorrow. Taking uber from the airport and renting from Avis in Wailea - to avoid parking at the hotel. We have 3 little kids so I plan to drop them off and park at Avis. If we find that too cumbersome, I'll bite the bullet and pay for parking, but we hope we won't have to.
That was my initial plan as well but doing daily rentals for a a few days from Enterprise and picking up at the hotel was what I landed up doing in the end.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 2:06 am

Just an update:

1. Uprgraded to chapel wing first floor with a nice ocean view as gold. Somewhat surprised actually.

2. Loulu is great for breakfast and using hotel credit. 2 adults and 2 kids eat for about $50-$60 which basically uses our daily credit. Buffet is not very busy, but food is decent. $56 still feels steep.

3. Avis car rental is great. We eat breakfast here, pool or beach until 12-1pm and I go get the car for the afternoon. So far I’ve used the shuttle hotel provides (they have an app similar to Uber) and tipped the driver a few bucks. I drop the family off at the end of the day and park the car by Avis. Walk down the hill is very quick.

Uber is also a great alternative. Shuttle only runs noon to 10pm or so and only very local.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.