Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old Dec 21, 01, 12:15 am   #1

When Will My Hilton HHonors VIP Status Expire?

so, if i got a new Silver VIP card which says expiration in 2003...
does that mean that my Silver VIP status will last until 2003?

i was under the impression that it would expire at the end of the year which i got the complementary upgrade. and i would be back to plain old blue status.
(i got the status upgrade for the amex hhonors card)
dberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 01, 7:22 am   #2

Location: Seattle, WA;HH Diamond, Avis PS, DL PM & 1MM ... back to travelling the globe consulting aerospace engineering
you sure it doesn't list the exp as xx/2003? In this case, it would expire at the end of the month listed.

GMF
goldmedallionflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 02, 7:27 am   #3

Programs: UA 1K/AA Gold/HH Diamond/Hyatt Plat/Marriott Gold/OpenTable VIP/Priority Pass/Sbux Gold
Status Expiration Date

I got instant gold with AAGU and then did CNTU for the 50,000 points. I received my card last week and the expiration date was 4/2003. Is this correct? I assumed that it would be 2004.
TWA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 02, 1:26 pm   #4

My mother made gold through AAGU a couple of month ago and her card says 2004.

tim
Tim2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 03, 12:41 am   #5

Location: Chicago, IL USA AA Gold, UA, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Diamond status for 2004 to expire...help!

I made Diamond in 2002 but reduced my amount of travel in 2003 as I started my own business, and left my previous employer. I was wondering if Hilton would extend my status for 2004 as a courtesy. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Oct 27, 03, 1:37 am   #6

Prior experience here has seemed to indicate that Hilton is inflexible with the renewal policy for Diamonds, even for people who are really close to getting it.

Since past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results, though, this may or may not be the case again this year.

Mike
Old Oct 27, 03, 6:41 am   #7

Programs: DL Diamond; HH Gold
If there is a dip in your stays, but a significant increased activity towards the end of the year I can see a case for you. You need to show that you will continue to be a good/repeat customer next year.

Hope this helps.
fromYXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 03, 3:48 pm   #8

i only had about 56 nights last yr, but had 6 more on a GLON. i thought i missed it, and even emailed the HH desk to ask. they mentioned that if i were diamond with another hotel chain, they would comp me. but they couldnt give me diamond in any other way.

in the end i still got my diamond. i suspect that a 1 wk stay at the end of jan2003 helped me get it. but thats imho.
saimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 04, 9:38 pm   #9

elite status ending

I qualified for gold under one of the airlines status last year and will at least be a silver this year because of the number of hotel stays. My wife's gold status will be ending. What's the guesses on her next status with HHonors?
sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 04, 6:13 am   #10

Programs: HHonors Silver
There's no soft landing on Hilton - her status will drop to Blue if she doesn't have enough stays/nights for Silver.

The two of you should ensure that she has some sort of earning activity every 12 months at least - Hilton will take the miles back if a year goes by without earning. This doesn't have to be a stay as long as something happens to increase the points total.
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 04, 1:17 pm   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry
There's no soft landing on Hilton - her status will drop to Blue if she doesn't have enough stays/nights for Silver.
That's not necessarily the case - HH (at least in the past) routinely extended Gold status for another year for some people who didn't have enough stays/nights for any status whatsoever. There did not seem to be any discernible pattern in such offerings, so it's a YMMV deal. Under any circumstances, end of April (and thus, end of current status year) is near, so sergio and his wife will find out soon enough...
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 04, 12:16 pm   #12

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
So when does my gold status expire?

Quite without bothering to look into the consequences first, I finally got around to filling in the Hilton gold form that came with my Amex card a few weeks ago. Yesterday, the card and membership book finally arrived. Having read all of this carefully, I'm a but confused as to when my gold status will expire. Does it expire at the end of this year (eek!!!) or does it expire on the date shown on the card?

I think I have a few opportunities to stay at Hilton places over the next year or two and Gold does look well worth maintaining.
Internaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 04, 1:17 pm   #13
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles & Hawai'i forums

Calling HH directly will do the trick (it did for me).

aloha
slippahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 04, 12:13 am   #14
Moderator: Hertz

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internaut
Does it expire at the end of this year (eek!!!) or does it expire on the date shown on the card?
Probably neither.

The date on your card, at least Stateside, is usually irrelevant, and has thrown off more than one person. Apparently there is a note on the insert that comes with the card that says the expiry date is subject to requalification. Doh!

And most of the time status expires in April, though some promotionallly earned Golds have been expiring in September.

Regardless of all this mish mash, slippahs is correct as far as I know, in that the only way to get the real expiry date is to ring HHonors customer service.

(How do you like my non-American English, mate? "Expiry date", "ring HHonors". Next I'll be thinking that a football is round and checkered. )
Rut Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 04, 3:46 am   #15
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rut Dog
(How do you like my non-American English, mate? "Expiry date", "ring HHonors". Next I'll be thinking that a football is round and checkered. )
Rut Dog, you are putting yourself in a rut if you follow the Queen's English for too long.