Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old May 1, 01, 11:10 am   #1
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Conrad Dublin - Experience - refurbed rooms ?

I will be staying in the Conrad Dublin in Juhe for a long weekend, and have been told by reservations that they will allocate one of their refurbished rooms to me, as a Gold VIP.
Has anyone stayed at the Conrad recently, in particular in a refurbished room ?
Your comments are appreciated. (It's many years since I stayed there!) : )
Thanx
JP
Old May 1, 01, 2:35 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I was there in November and they had pictures of the new rooms. They looked nice, but not in any way breaking from tradition. Other than that, not much to say. It's a relatively good hotel in a great location.
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 01, 4:57 pm   #3
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Stayed there in February. Not sure if my room was refurbished or not, but it was pretty nice. Decent living area and big bathroom.

Seth.
sbm12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 01, 5:12 pm   #4
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for the input so far - also wondered if there were any interesting Gold benefits ?
Old May 2, 01, 4:02 am   #5

the conrad might have bigger bathrooms, but the shower heads are still low.

dubsbased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 01, 8:21 am   #6
JAP

bump
Old Sep 6, 01, 8:44 pm   #7
Suspended

CONRAD DUBLIN - DIAMOND UPGD ????

I haven't seen any recent posts on the Conrad in Dublin. What can I expect as a Diamond ? Are they good about breakfast/upgrades ? Is there an exec floor ? THANKS - kazman
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 01, 12:17 pm   #8
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I was there in November just before they started room renovation, so I don't know about an executive floor. But as a Gold member, I got an ugrade and was treated very well.
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 01, 4:21 am   #9
JAP

kazman,

Not sure about exec floor (or lounge) - don't think there is one. I've stayed fairly recently as a Gold VIP & was also treated very well. Was put in one of the renovated rooms - very nice, with a lot of light colours, and a modern feel. Definitely one of the best Hilton / Conrad rooms I've been in, if a little on the "not big" side !
Let me know if I can help in any other way.
BTW, the Hilton, Dublin (just around the corner from the Conrad @ 500 yards) has recently installed executive rooms. I will be staying in one on 6th Oct & will let u know how I get on if you like. Rates are about 50-60% of the Conrad @ ~$120US for a double room - I get upgraded to an exec room as a Gold VIP (quote from reservations agent !!). Exec rooms here cost about $200US.
Old Nov 1, 01, 11:02 am   #10
JAP

kazman,

Did you travel to the Conrad ? If so, how did you get on ?
I didn't stay as intended in the Hilton, as I broke my leg in the meantime

Look fwd to your report - I plan to stay in the Conrad in late Jan, so as a Diamond also I'm v. interested in your experiences !

JP
Old Nov 1, 01, 11:14 am   #11
Suspended

Unfortunately my arrival date for Dublin was
9/13/01 - So, I never got to Dublin - kazman
kazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 02, 6:57 pm   #12

Programs: Marriott Plat; National Emerald Exec Elite
Did anyone ever answer the all important breakfast question?
FarAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 03, 9:03 am   #13

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
Conrad Dublin vs Westin Dublin

I am trying to decide between these two properties, both have good reviews on FT. Has anyone stayed at both? Recommendations? Day trips from Dublin?

Thanks.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
CLD, LAX, LHR, CDG, et.al.
Old Jan 22, 03, 9:37 am   #14

Programs: lots :-)
can't comment on the Hilton, but the Westin is a great hotel.

It's up near the river close to the shops/bars and right on the edge of temple bar.

If you've got any specific questions on the hotel let me know.....probably better asked on the Starwood forum though.
danam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 03, 6:06 pm   #15

Anybody ever get free breakfast as GOLD or DIAMOND at Conrad Dublin

Hi,
I have a brief one night layover in Dublin in May. Was thinking of cashing in some points before they get devalued. I am debating at whether to stay at the Dublin Hilton for 20k points, or Dublin Conrad for 30k. Normally I prefer Conrad's over Hiltons, but I've done a search and read all the comments about both properties and neither one sounds great. Almost universally, people have stated that the Conrad does not provide hhonors benefits and does not give free breakfast to Gold or Diamond. Has anyone ever gotten a free breakfast at the Dublin Conrad? What about at the Dublin Hilton? Does either one have an exec. lounge? Did a search, no mention of exec. lounges at either. No mention of it on the hilton or conrad website either. If you were a diamond vip and had to choose one hotel over the other for only one night, using points, would it be the Conrad or the Hilton in Dublin? Does anyone know which hotel is easier to get to/from the airport in Dublin?

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated?
hhonorman is offline   Reply With Quote