Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Dublin {IRL}

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 2:44 pm

Conrad Dublin

As Gold last year I reserved two rooms. The family members were not upgraded, but had an acceptable room. We had a very fine upgrade, wtih separate living room, etc. All of us, in both rooms, had breakfast vouchers for the two mornings we were present. One room had bottle of wine and fruit basket (which was larger than all four of us could eat)

As Diamond this year we received bottle of wine, smaller snack, and breakfast vouchers for two of us for each morning of our stay.

All were satisfied on both trips.
Old May 30, 2006, 9:49 pm

Conrad Dublin not posting HH points?

I've stayed at the Conrad twice this year. First time in April and after 2 weeks of no points showing up I decided to email the property about the issue. Per the AA of the GM, Conrad had a problem with the HH posting system causing my acct to never get credit.

I just left the Conrad last Tuesday morning (23rd) and today 1 week early, have not gotten my points.

Is this normal that this never works?
Is one week enough?
Just a mail the property again?

I am pushy because I am off to Milan on the 16th and need the Conrad points to become HH GOLD
Old May 30, 2006, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
That delay is unusual. The maximum that I have had to wait is a week. Has the folio appeared on the website? I would contact HH through the website; I have found them to be very helpful--and fast!
Old Nov 18, 2006, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Dublin Conrad - they love me - I love them more!!!

I don't know what it is about this place, but every time, and they were all award stays, they treat me as if I'm with Paris or something!

Last 3 times I always got upgraded to x27 mini-suite. Love it, great room, great service (except for the bar/lounge in the lobby). Today I get 236, and almost ready to protest, but I figured that I'm only here for 1 night so why not check out how the "unwashed" live.....

To my surprise, it turns out to be a 2 room suite. I also get 2 bottles of wine, 1 red, 1 white and chocolates. Breakfast cert thrown in.

I want to live here.

Last edited by andrzej; Nov 19, 2006 at 12:39 am
Old Nov 18, 2006, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by andrzej
I don't know what it is about this place, but every time, and they were all award stays, they treat me as if I'm with Paris or something!

Last 3 times I always got upgraded to x27 mini-suite. Love it, great room, great service (except for the bar/lounge in the lobby). Today I get 226, and almost ready to protest, but I figured that I'm only here for 1 night so why not check out how the "unwashed" live.....

To my surprise, it turns out to be a 2 room suite. I also get 2 bottles of wine, 1 red, 1 white and chocolates. Breakfast cert thrown in.

I want to live here.
I have had to stay here 6-7 times in the last few years...and yes, they treated me like gold each and every time...I would be willing to change my home address to the Conrad any time...with a great bartender and maid service to boot!!
Old Nov 18, 2006, 11:41 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I will be staying here in January, I have had to contact the hotel to change rooms and have been very impressed with the email messages so far. I am looking forward to staying there.

sdcarver
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:34 am

Programs: AA-EXPNoMore 1MM; HH-Diamond; PC-PlatNoMore
should I be less happy?

Originally Posted by andrzej
Stayed twice. No upgrade. No breakfast. But... could not have be happier.

First stay was Oct '02. Daughter was attending school in Dublin. She was to meet us at the hotel. The hydrofoil ferry from Hollyhead was not running due to high seas, so Mrs. Tierrasanta and myself were rerouted to the big boat. It's slower.

Hotel staff asked my patiently waiting daughter if she needed anything. She said she was just waiting for her folks. I guess after a while, she looked worried, and they checked with her again. Staff ended up calling the ferry company to check on us and just being very helpful and supportive.

We've stayed there since. Always on an award stay and even though no upgrades, the chocolate and wine and incredibly friendly service are appreciated.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:58 am

Conrad-Dublin

We stayed at the Conrad in August and could not hve been treated nicer (we both are Gold). It is a class act.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 6:16 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Tierrasanta,
Is that Tierrasanta in San Diego? I have never heard of another Tierrasant myself. I live over in Point Loma area.

sdcarver

Originally Posted by Tierrasanta
Stayed twice. No upgrade. No breakfast. But... could not have be happier.

First stay was Oct '02. Daughter was attending school in Dublin. She was to meet us at the hotel. The hydrofoil ferry from Hollyhead was not running due to high seas, so Mrs. Tierrasanta and myself were rerouted to the big boat. It's slower.

Hotel staff asked my patiently waiting daughter if she needed anything. She said she was just waiting for her folks. I guess after a while, she looked worried, and they checked with her again. Staff ended up calling the ferry company to check on us and just being very helpful and supportive.

We've stayed there since. Always on an award stay and even though no upgrades, the chocolate and wine and incredibly friendly service are appreciated.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 8:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
you should always make sure they love you more than you do. if you starts loving them more, they will love you less.......
Old Dec 15, 2006, 1:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
deleted

Last edited by aztimm; Dec 15, 2006 at 3:20 pm Reason: deleted
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:01 pm
JAP
Original Poster

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
"Booked a mini-suite through an internet prepaid rate, about 200 Euros/night"

An excellent rate for Dublin BTW ....

"Towards the end of the check-in, they asked if I was still Silver (I was when I made the booking). "

I'm afraid my friend that anyone and his dog can be Gold in HH with a little effort - through comps or small challenges, so Silver is so low in the scheme of things that I don't believe that any u/g etc. should be offered ....

"Also, I don't understand why a hotel like this would tie the iron to the ironing board--do people really steal irons? There was a pressing machine in the closet."

In almost all European hotels that I have been in, the iron is attached to the ironing board by a flexible lead ...

"Breakfast was just OK...nothing to write home about."

Don't know what would impress you then !! The breakfast in the Conrad Dublin is one of the best anywhere in the world !! The fresh fruit and smoked salmon is exquisite, and the cooked breakfast is extensive !!

"We checked out on Sat Dec 9, did not receive a final bill since I had prepaid and didn't incur any further charges. So far, on the HHonors website, the hotel is showing up under my, "Travel Planner," --> "My Hotel Stays," online, but nothing under activity. I sent an email to HHonors, but received pretty much a canned response to send the final statement (which I did not receive). I'll be surprised if this fixes on its own."

If you are familiar with the HH points/stays system, it can normally take 7-14 days until the points are posted. It is now 15th, and you left on 9th, which is 5 days including a weekend
Old Jan 17, 2007, 6:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Just completed my first stay at the Conrad Dublin and have to say overall it was a very good experience.

Check in was very efficient and while I wasn't upgraded I was offered breakfast vouchers without even asking for them. Nice room if a little small and very comfortable bed. About one hour after checking in wine, chocolates and water were delivered.

I agree that breakfast is very good - great selection of buffet food and eggs cooked to order - the service is also exceptional.

Just a couple of observations - telephone charges are very expensive. I dialled a local number to dial into my work server - didn't realise that local calls are almost 1 Euro a minute

And why are there no Irish staff apart from the two porters? - everyone else seemed to be from eastern Europe - I am sure that foreign tourists would love to hear a few Irish accents
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:59 pm

Stayed here Dec 15 on a award stay. Can't say enought how great all the staff was that we met.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 9:57 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, Priority Club Plat, Marriott, SPG, Htz Gold
Stayed one night, two rooms on a reward stay. Could not have been happier. Our rooms were ready when we got there at 6:00 a.m. We were given breakfast coupons, were provided a bottle of wine and chocolates in each room, and they brought mineral water in the evening. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definately go back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.