Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Dublin {IRL}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2006, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
During a weekday and during business hours you don't have to do the walkaround as the first reply suggests. Walk out through the side door by the gift shop and turn left. You are basically walking through a courtyard and a short alley, but you come out right by the Airport bus stop, just about 10 feet to the right of the alley. It's a lot shorter walk this way.

Think of the location as a V where the Conrad is on one side and the bus stop on the other side, and what I'm suggesting is walking through the middle of the V, and the first reply (not that there is anything wrong with that suggestion) is proposing walking around the bottom of the V.

Reporting from Buenos Aires Hilton. Having a wonderful time! ^
Old Mar 16, 2006, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL-PM, HH-Gold, *wood-Gold, Avis First, National Executive Elite
The Air Coach works out great and drops you very close to the Conrad....
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:00 am

Programs: BA-Gold, BD-*G, Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Plat-AMB
Which stop ?

Originally Posted by marvnmar27
The Air Coach works out great and drops you very close to the Conrad....
Which stop should you get off at on the way TO the hotel, would it be Grafton Street or Merrion Square please ?

Andy
Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite BA Blue
Originally Posted by andygrist
Which stop should you get off at on the way TO the hotel, would it be Grafton Street or Merrion Square please ?

Andy
You need to get off at Lower Leeson St. When you get to the bus stand at the airport tell the guy that you are going to the Conrad and he will make sure you get on the correct Air Coach - there are 2 routes.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 4:51 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF

Andy

Definitely not Grafton or Merrion Square if you are staying at the Conrad. dr woodsy may be right about Lower Leeson (rings a bell), but he is spot on about asking the driver which stop. They are very helpful. And, once off the bus, they will point you in the direction to the hotel (the V pattern suggested by andrzej with the point of the V being St Stephens Green is good). For the Conrad, it is definitely a later stop (a benefit on returning to DUB).
Old Mar 19, 2006, 6:30 pm
Original Member

Added info.

If you are doing roundtrip on Aircoach, save 2 Euro's by purchasing a roundtrip (return) fare. When you get off the bus on Leeson Street, you will see the archway that andrzej talked about directly accross the street. It does save you a few steps and is helpful when arriving with multiple pieces of luggage. The Leeson Street stop was the first from the airport; the pickup back tho the airport is the first of about 6 or 7 other stops back to the airport. All in all it took about 45 minutes from pickup Saturday morning (10:00a.m.)to get to the airport.Purchase a DublinPass http://www.visitdublin.com/ and receive transport from the airport on Aircoach to your hotel and free admission to 30 attractions in and around Dublin.Purchase it by Monday, March 20th and receive an extra 15% off.You will still need to purchase a return fare to the airport, though.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:04 pm

Andy
It's Lower Leeson Street....
Old Mar 22, 2006, 6:41 pm
Original Member

I have found http://earth.google.com/ to be an invaluable tool when researching areas I am going to visit. Get a satellite eyes view of towns and cities around the world. Once downloaded you can include a menu of items that you would want when viewing an area such as street names, parks, hotels etc. with the ability to zoom in and out. You will definitely get a good idea where the hotel is compared to where the stop is. It is detailed enough to show the alley way previously mentioned.

Last edited by general45; Mar 22, 2006 at 7:38 pm
Old Mar 22, 2006, 11:12 pm

Programs: BA-Gold, BD-*G, Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Plat-AMB
Originally Posted by marvnmar27
It's Lower Leeson Street....
Many thanks to all for the advise - I will be there at the first half of next week. Previously I've stayed at the Westin and that is easy for the Aircoach's other route but I didn't fancy trudging all the way across from there to the Conrad !!

Andy
Old May 17, 2006, 10:03 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Conrad Dublin: Will Gold Get Free Breakfast?

The title says it all. With the changes in international Gold privileges, what are the experiences of Gold-status members at this hotel recently?
Old May 17, 2006, 11:20 am

Programs: SPG,HH,DL,CO,AMEX
The short answer is "yes"
Old May 20, 2006, 4:25 pm

When I stayed there as Gold I got a free buffet for myself and guest...
Old May 20, 2006, 4:38 pm

I have always had good luck there
Old May 21, 2006, 12:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite BA Blue
In my case on a recent trip the answer is no. I was told (several times) that I had a room upgrade (room was average to say the least) and therefore no breakfast!
Old May 21, 2006, 4:49 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
What can Diamonds expect there? I'm considering this hotel on my Nov. Ireland trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.