Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Copenhagen Airport {DNK} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Copenhagen Airport {DNK} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:18 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
stayed at CPH last week. Booked on the day, only exec level rooms available, so took one.

arrived at 9.50pm after waiting ages for a checked bag (if SAS fly planes like Dash-8s with small o/head bins, why don't they allow bags to be gate-checked ?). Front desk told me that 'as a gold, I had been upgraded to exec floor' .Uh, no, actually I think you'll find that I *paid* for the exec floor. 'Oh', says front desk, 'at least you get to have cocktails in the lounge until.... oh, it will just be closing now.' 'But you can enjoy breakfast in the lounge from 7am'. Can I have a wakeup call for 6.30, I need to be checking out to catch a flight at 7am .

Really great use of the exec floor privileges

Did get a bottle of redwine but it was only 375ml. And my dang flight was cancelled so I ended up sitting in the SAS lounge for 1h45 waiting for the later LOT flight
Old Apr 16, 2006, 4:04 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Here at Hilton Copenhagen Airport again. This time with the family on award stay for Easter break. Family room is even larger than regular Executive. There's different welcome drink approach - Coke instead of red wine when travelling with children

Great staff, lovely amenities, one of the good Hilton hotels arround. It is very convinient airport is accross the streat as one may walk to the grocery shop, eat a burger kind, rent a car, etc.

This would be more for the Hertz forum but can't resist to share my experience. I yesterday rented a car to go to Legoland and got upgraded to fullsize. It was Saab 93 1.8 turbo with Hertz Neverlost. This is something very new to have Neverlost in Europe. It was portable and detachable, worked flawlessy and had UK English available
Old May 13, 2006, 12:05 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Just checked out of Hiltcon Copenhagen airport again. Check-out guy said that because US Hilton bought them some time ago they are getting helthier and instead of red wine welcome drink is coke. I wished either to have diet coke or the wine ;-)

Had full breakfast included in the rate. Good breakfast. There's always room for improvements and I'd like to have more fish but that's minor. Good hotel, nice staff, will come definitely. Reward category for this hotel is also going to increase to 5 as of June.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 4:14 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by dabee69
Just checked out of Hiltcon Copenhagen airport again. Check-out guy said that because US Hilton bought them some time ago they are getting helthier and instead of red wine welcome drink is coke. I wished either to have diet coke or the wine ;-)
Spent one night there this weekend. This was my first stay in a Hilton property as a newly-minted HH Gold (gotta love promos), and I was impressed by the treatment there. Immediate upgrade to Executive floor (with lounge access), profound apologies about not having any EF king/queen bedded rooms available (I was travelling with my wife) - not a big issue for us. Oh, and the welcome drink was definitely a 0.7 litre bottle of red wine - no Coke to be seen (except in the Minibar).

This hotel is great. We spent the second night at Scandic Copenhagen (collecting stays for another promo) - paid pretty much the same price for both stays, but the Scandic was a huge disappointment. It is almost worth staying at the airport Hilton and commuting to the city center on the local train.

One hotel I definitely want to return to.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 7:18 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
One hotel I definitely want to return to.
I also recently stayed here and LOVED it. I'm trying to come up with excuses to be in CPH just so I can stay here. I was HH Gold at the time and was also treated very well, with an upgrade to the Executive floor, lounge access, and the option of breakfast in the lounge or restaurant.

I was here for a stopover between flights and I wouldn't have considered for leisure, but actually I definitely would stay here on a weekend in CPH. The train platforms are just a few minutes' walk, and you can be in Copenhagen or Malmo city centres in 10 minutes.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 7:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Hilton CPH is a good hotel -- certainly better than most all the other major brands that participate in a point-earning loyalty program in/around CPH. But I still find myself hotel hopping rather often in the area. Getting to downtown Malmo takes a bit more than 10 minutes from Kastrup/CPH, but it's a short trip as well; and downtown Copenhagen is even faster even if there's an additional intermediate stop between the airport and the main city center train stations. [As of very recently -- this weekend again -- the trains from CPH airport to downtown CPH have been more delayed and slower than is usual. Perhaps weekend track work or something of the sort.]

For those coming into CPH using a Swedish SIM card in their phone, getting the S Telia (Swedish) network at the Hilton CPH is possible in some rooms, and it's a way to avoid roaming charges.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:38 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Updated information?

I am going to Copenhagen for a weekend in a few weeks. I am trying to decide between this and the Marriott. I'm leaning towards this hotel as I don't have to worry about a taxi or getting luggage downtown -- just walk over, drop off my stuff, and then I can take the train into town as needed. The website shows a rate of $200 prepaid which isn't too bad for the area.

Any new info or feedback on this hotel? Thanks in advance
Old Mar 1, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Cool

Originally Posted by pitflyer
I am going to Copenhagen for a weekend in a few weeks. I am trying to decide between this and the Marriott. I'm leaning towards this hotel as I don't have to worry about a taxi or getting luggage downtown -- just walk over, drop off my stuff, and then I can take the train into town as needed. The website shows a rate of $200 prepaid which isn't too bad for the area.

Any new info or feedback on this hotel? Thanks in advance

Both are great properties (I have stayed at both) and it really depends on what you will be doing while you are in Copenhagen. If you are going to be out late or don't want to mess with the trains on a daily basis, I would stay at the Marriott. By the way, it is very easy with luggage to take the train to the main station, walk out the front door, turn left and walk about 0.25 miles to the Marriott. Ok, it may be easy depending on the amount of luggage.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by Karter
I also recently stayed here and LOVED it. I'm trying to come up with excuses to be in CPH just so I can stay here. I was HH Gold at the time and was also treated very well, with an upgrade to the Executive floor, lounge access, and the option of breakfast in the lounge or restaurant.

I was here for a stopover between flights and I wouldn't have considered for leisure, but actually I definitely would stay here on a weekend in CPH. The train platforms are just a few minutes' walk, and you can be in Copenhagen or Malmo city centres in 10 minutes.
Agree 100%.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 7:36 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation Caveat: restaurants CLOSED June - July 2007 at Hilton CPH!

The hotel's page header says it all:

"Due to essential refurbishment our restaurants Hamlet & Horizon are closed until August 2007 . We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Well, we have an award stay there in a couple of weeks, and definitely the restaurants will be closed. (Our interest was due to the high marks FTers give the hotel, CPH arrival in the early evening, closeness to Malmö and Copenhagen itself, etc. etc. and pickup for the tour group we will connect with (Baltic on MS Island Sky) at CPH airport when they arrive.

I'm guessing / hoping we get lounge access for breakfast, obviously, but are there any other places to grab a bite after an ealry evening arrival, or any other time?

Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2007, 8:01 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JDiver
The hotel's page header says it all:

"Due to essential refurbishment our restaurants Hamlet & Horizon are closed until August 2007 . We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Well, we have an award stay there in a couple of weeks, and definitely the restaurants will be closed. (Our interest was due to the high marks FTers give the hotel, CPH arrival in the early evening, closeness to Malmö and Copenhagen itself, etc. etc. and pickup for the tour group we will connect with (Baltic on MS Island Sky) at CPH airport when they arrive.

I'm guessing / hoping we get lounge access for breakfast, obviously, but are there any other places to grab a bite after an ealry evening arrival, or any other time?

Thanks!
JDiver: I will be arriving there on Thursday (14). I will check out the situation and report back. In any case you have the CPH airport terminal 3 connected to the hotel where there are snack stands (bread, sausages and other light snacks). If you get access to the Executive Lounge on the 12th FL you should be OK for breakfast and before dinner snaks and drinks.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 9:08 am

Great! I'll look for your report, and on our arrival a snack will probably be fine in any case.

Originally Posted by AAEXP
JDiver: I will be arriving there on Thursday (14). I will check out the situation and report back. In any case you have the CPH airport terminal 3 connected to the hotel where there are snack stands (bread, sausages and other light snacks). If you get access to the Executive Lounge on the 12th FL you should be OK for breakfast and before dinner snaks and drinks.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:16 pm

Unhappy Hilton CPH - Not as good as it used to be

I have been dozen of times at the Hilton CPH airport. It used to be very good, now I would rate it so-so... Key points:
- as from 2007 they give lounge access only to the guests at executive level. I was with my family and had inconsistent service. No exec family rooms available. During the check-in nice lady gave me lounge access, next morning warden almost threw me out. I managed to get in all days but that monster always reminded me that this is the last stay at non-exec floor I am able to get in. I played back that look, I've got a key with a label of an exec level, I was invited here by the check-in staff and so on.
- gym is n times small than it used to be
- they charge for pool access as from May 2007, definitely not worth the money
- no kids under 12 allowed into pool area due to the fact that now it is an eleet spa
- pre-paid family room in non-exec floor is more that $330/night and not worth it
- rooms are a bit worn

I wouldn't exclude a possibility to stay there for points. Full breakfast is good. Restaurants are terribly expensive and staff could be warmer.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:34 pm

Gasp! They want $1,203 to $1,303 USD per night for a "OESTENS STJERNE SPA" stay, Standard King to Executive, for the nights we will be there. $362 Executive Value (nonrefundable first night with advance deposit,) certainly better than that - perhaps the spa includes a team of people massaging... your wallet!

<snip>- pre-paid family room in non-exec floor is more that $330/night and not worth it
- rooms are a bit worn

I wouldn't exclude a possibility to stay there for points. Full breakfast is good. Restaurants are terribly expensive and staff could be warmer.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:44 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I have been dozen of times at the Hilton CPH airport. It used to be very good, now I would rate it so-so... Key points:
- as from 2007 they give lounge access only to the guests at executive level. I was with my family and had inconsistent service. No exec family rooms available. During the check-in nice lady gave me lounge access, next morning warden almost threw me out. I managed to get in all days but that monster always reminded me that this is the last stay at non-exec floor I am able to get in. I played back that look, I've got a key with a label of an exec level, I was invited here by the check-in staff and so on.
- gym is n times small than it used to be
- they charge for pool access as from May 2007, definitely not worth the money
- no kids under 12 allowed into pool area due to the fact that now it is an eleet spa
- pre-paid family room in non-exec floor is more that $330/night and not worth it
- rooms are a bit worn

The executive lounge access issue is indeed real (I have been through exactly the same last year as a gold), but it seems to apply to all European Hiltons (?). Gym is really small now after they opened the Spa, and there is no weight lifting equipment anymore (so much for understanding basic exercise requirements). I do my jogging at the very nice Amager Strandpark very close to the hotel. Rooms are slowly beginning to show wear, however, I still believe they are among the best in CPH. Not a 5*, but a very good 4* still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.