Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Denver, Colorado {US-CO}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Denver, Colorado {US-CO}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2001, 9:56 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Denver, Colorado {US-CO}

Does anybody have a code for the double points promotion at the Doubletree Denver? The Bonus Bulletin doesn't have one. The stay just posted to my account, but not the double points.

Thanks!

BBQ
Old Jan 29, 2001, 10:26 am
DOC 2 BE

Was this your first stay? If so, Then no double points. If not, the points are "silent." There has been a lot of talk about this on previous threads.

Hope this helps.

Old Jan 29, 2001, 10:29 am
Original Member
Original Poster

This is a separate promotion from the "Double Double Dip". Rather, the WebFlyer Bonus Bulletin has listed this hotel separately as offering double points until Mar. 3. We'll see if they give me points for both promotions.
Old Jan 29, 2001, 11:04 am

BBQ_Pork_Sandwich -- In most cases such bonuses require you to book a particular rate, so if you were staying on a discounted rate chances it would not qualify for double points. You may try to call HHonors CS and ask them if your rate qualified for it.
Old Jan 29, 2001, 11:16 am
DOC 2 BE

Ahhhh! Now I understand, a QUINTUPLE BONUS!!!!

I like the way you think!!!!

Hope you get it!!!!

PS -- Perhaps you did get it, but it is one of those nasty silent bonuses? I second the suggestion that you call C/S.

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 01-29-2001).]

Old Jan 29, 2001, 11:17 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Eugene-

Hilton did away with most of the restrictions back last April. Most rates will now qualify.

Contact the service center for more details.

877-444-9847.
Old Jan 29, 2001, 11:59 am
DOC 2 BE

I think what Eugene was getting at was that certain of these double point promos have a particular rate attached to them, which often can be higher than a discounted or other package rate that can be found at the hotel.

If that was the case, then I do not think he will get the bonus. However, if any stay at almost any rate at the hotel would qualify, then the bonus should be posted in some way, shape, manner or form, be it posted in the normal way or "silent."

Old Jan 29, 2001, 11:59 am
Original Member
Original Poster

I called C/S, and they were unable to find the promotion. With no promo code and/or promo start date (only the end date of Mar. 3 is listed in the Bonus Bulletin), they can't locate it. It's the only HHonors promo I noticed w/o a code, so I wonder if it's a mistake. Any other suggestions or areas to search, or should I let this one go into the bottomless pit of unclaimable ft points?
Old Jan 29, 2001, 1:42 pm

Originally posted by chix:
Eugene-

Hilton did away with most of the restrictions back last April. Most rates will now qualify.

Contact the service center for more details.

877-444-9847.
chix -- You seem to confuse ability to earn "regular" points/miles with eligibility of certain rates for particular additional promotions at specific properties (as an example, H3 plan code is required for double points / double miles at HGI Danbury).
Old Jan 29, 2001, 1:53 pm
DOC 2 BE

BBQ - If the promo is still listed on the website of the hotel under "Special Offers" see if there is a promo code attached and/or input a mythical stay and see if there is a promo code in the rates that pop up. If none does, and it is still on the website, direct the C/S rep to the URL and show them you satisfied the promo. Otherwise, if you have it as a hard copy, you can fax it to them.

However, in my dealings with C/S, if it is not thay many points, they jsut spot it to you on your good word as a HHonors member!!

Old Feb 20, 2001, 10:01 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Well, it took several phone calls to Cust. Svc., but I got the bonus. Thanks to InsideFlyer for faxing me the offer details, which Hilton "did not have in their database". For one night at this hotel, I received double base points for this promotion, the "double double dip" points & miles, and the Conquest Bonus!
Old Jul 16, 2001, 8:35 pm

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near Denver, Colorado {US-CO}

I am going to start traveling to Denver to do business in Wheatridge. Out of all the Hilton affiliated properties, which one would you say is the nicest. (Hilton or Embassy Suites) There are 2 hiltons and 4 Embassy's. Obviously I want to be within 20 miles, and i would prefer staying where you dont have to pay for parkinng and can get in and out easily (this probably rules out the downtown area) I am considering the Southwest location Embassy and the Airport. Typically airport locations are the pits, but the photos of this one looked great. I also need to make sure that the hotel has high speed internet access. Thanks for your input.
Old Jul 17, 2001, 9:07 am
Original Member

Diamond,

As a Denver area resident, I would ask you to consider the Hampton Inn Denver West/Golden as well. It is a brand new property, and the commute to Wheatridge will be far better than the other alternatives. I am not sure if they have high speed web access, however.

The Garden Inn at the Airport is also a new property, and by all reports quite nice. However, to get to Wheat Ridge you must drive WB thru a busy stretch of I70. There are not many restaurants or entertainment venues nearby either.

The Airport Embassy is actually closer to the old airport than the new, but it is a nice property. And it is a few miles closer to Wheatridge than the Airport Garden Inn. Once again, nearby restaurants and entertainment are scarce.

The downtown Embassy is appealing, and might be the best drive of all with the exception of the Hampton. It is the only location in Denver I have actually stayed at, and I thought it was fine. I do not know about parking.

I would avoid the Hilton Tech Center or the other two Embassys in the SE area, only because they will leave you with Denver's worst commute, from the southern part of town to Wheat Ridge, smack up I25.

Hope this helps a little.
Old Jul 17, 2001, 10:37 am

I find the Doubletree/Westminster a nice property as another option, and rather close to Wheatridge. The airport Garden Inn, as mentioned by another, is also nice, but a long commute to Wheatridge.
Old Jul 17, 2001, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Diamond Dog,
I travel on business to Denver a great deal, too. I would highly recommend the Hilton Gardern Inn at the Airport and would also suggest the Hampton Inn and Suites at Colorado Blvd. and Kentucky. I stay at both properties often. The Garden Inn is brand new and has a great staff but would be a bit of a trip to Wheatridge. The Hampton Inn and Suites is decent and I have no complaints, plus there is a lot in the area. Let me know if you have more questions. There is high speed internet access at the Hilton Garden Inn but not the Hampton Inn and Suites.

[This message has been edited by dionnec123 (edited 07-17-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.