Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Bathrobe Saga

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2006, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
My Bathrobe Saga

I reserved a room at the Hilton Waikoloa Village for five nights with the H6 (Mahalo) rate. Last year this rate was worth 10,000 bonus Hilton Honors points plus a bathrobe; this year the bathrobe disappeared off the rate.

However, the bathrobe reappeared according to the rate on the Hilton website and is still there as of now while I'm writing this:

A Thank You Is Worth 10,000 HHonors Bonus Points

Between now and December 31, 2006, stay at Hilton Waikoloa Village, and earn 10,000 Hilton HHonors® bonus points with the Mahalo (thank you) promotion. You'll also receive a complimentary spa-styled bathrobe.

Those guests booking a stay between June 22 and June 25, 2006, can participate in Dolphin Days! This annual festival of charity events inspired by the playful dolphins at Hilton Waikoloa Village features a charity golf tournament, Aloha Friday Luau, silent auctions, dolphin program at the Dolphin Quest** Learning Lagoon, and the Great Waikoloa Food, Wine, & Music Festival. Find out more at the Dolphin Days' official website.

Rates start from US 219* for a Garden View room or higher category. Request Plan Code H6

Special Offer Dates: From now until December 31, 2006

*Offer is exclusive for HHonors members and valid until 12/31/06. Minimum 4 night stay. Subject to availability. Rates do not include taxes, gratuities or other incidental charges. Offer excludes suites. May not be combined with any other offer or discounts. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points and Miles®, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. ©2006 Hilton HHonors Worldwide.

**Independently owned & operated.
On Thursday evening when I arrived the front desk clerk gave me a coupon that I was supposed to take to the Hilton Grand Vacations Center Desk welcome center to pick up my bathrobe. (Of course this is a way to get people into the HGVC office). When I went in on Friday morning the person at the desk told me that she thought the promotion ended at the end of 2005 and that all of the bathrobes had been given away. She then got on the phone and started making calls, first to her manager, then to the hotel's assistent manager, and then to ???

After a while she told me that she made a copy of the coupon for me and told me that she would make sure I got my bathrobe because she knew where there a few left over. I'm supposed to pick it up from her tomorrow (Saturday). She also suggested that if for some reason she can't get one for me then I should call the Diamond desk to complain.

Anyway, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who made reservations using this rate, and unless Hilton straightens out the situation really quickly they're going to have a mess on their hands.

Stay tuned, I'll post whether I get my bathrobe tomorrow; according to the coupon it's a $78 value. Also I hope I get my 10k Honors points!
Old Feb 15, 2006, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Just a quick follow-up. I DID get my bathrobe; it's one of those waffle-fabric spa robes that sells for about $75. I'm glad I stood up for my rights on this one.

Waikoloa Village was, as usual, fabulous. I tried doing an online checkin the day before I was supposed to arrive and found that the website said that there wasn't an upgrade room available and that I'd been assigned to room 5001. I decided to pass on the online checkin and when I arrived I was given room 8036 - MUCH better!!! So online checkin doesn't always pay.

I also decided to let myself be bribed by 20k Hilton Honors points and I sat through one of those 90 minute Hilton Grand Vacations Club presentations. It was interesting, and there are some really interesting possibilities, but I decided to pass and hopefully I'll see an extra 20k points in my account soon (just enough to pay for the two nights I have reserved at one of the Stockholm Scandics in March). However, the really interesting thing is that HGVC also has a special offer that lets you return to Waikoloa Village for five nighits sometime in the next 18 months for $699 including tax. Since you can only attend a HGVC presentation once per 12 months, this means that my "window" is from 12 to 18 months from now.

Oh, and from the rocks on the edge of the ocean by the Ocean Towers I had a wonderful whale-watching vantage point.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 4:12 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Congrats on your robe! Good job sticking with it! Most people would have given up ... which is what they count on.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I have booked this rate for my upcoming stay at Waikoloa Village (April 16th to April 20th).

Do we get to keep the robe to take home with us or is it just for the stay at the hotel?

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:46 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Since he's talking about it being a $75 value I'm sure the idea is that you keep it as a gift.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:00 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Do we get to keep the robe to take home with us or is it just for the stay at the hotel?
It's additional to the one that may be provided with your room... part of the 10K Mahalo promotion for a minimum 4 night stay. They're a different design than the in-room ones. It comes packaged in plastic for ease of taking it home. Just got mine from the HHV... nice addition to the huge towel from the 2004 promo.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
The only time in my life that I ever wore a bathrobe was when I was in hospital after heart surgery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.