Hilton Prague {CZE}

Old Aug 18, 2003, 2:21 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I was there two weeks ago and lounge and health club were still closed. They use some meeting room as the "lounge" right now. The guy at the reception was rolling his eyes a bit when I asked when they expected to be finished...I could sense that the renovation should have been finished already. Other than that, I really liked the hotel anyway. Nice staff, clean rooms (although a bit small, even on the exec. floor) and good location.
Old Sep 1, 2003, 3:02 am

Hilton Prague

Back in the Hilton Prague this weekend and the renovated lounge is open as is the health club. Have not been in the latter but I\m writing this note from the former on one of the guest internet terminals available with high speed service. If I could just understand Czech keyboards it would be perfect. The lounge is excellent, service great, breakfast great. Checkin has been moved to in front of the elevators on the eighth floor from inside the lounge to give more room for the lounge and internet terminals. Good hotel, I recommend it.
Old Sep 19, 2003, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Anyone aware of any good rates at the Hilton for a weekend in October?

------------------
"There are those who travel, and those who travel well."
Old Jan 12, 2004, 9:08 am

Just booked a GLON for March.

Haven't seen any recent reports- have a few basic q's:
- any particular "view" to request? As a Gold, is there a "standard" upgrade to expect.
- has the wifi installation mentioned in a past post occurred?
- saw HHonorsman's great lounge review- is it open 7 days?

Any advice is welcome!
Old Jan 12, 2004, 6:32 pm

The hotel is excellent. The lounge was open 7 days each time I've stayed there. The Health Club is the best hotel health club that I've stayed at, cost for hotel guests is 10 euros.

Could ask for a castle view - its excellent. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the nearest tram and nearest subway station (though the two are on different streets) - your about a 20 minutes walk from the Charles Bridge. Every experience I've had here has been good. One other item - if your travelling for pleasure - take the white vans from one of the ground transportion vendors to the hotel - i think they charge 360 crowns per destination - a cab will be 650-700 crowns. Its usually best to take a cab back to the airport (especially in the morning) but no need to pay double coming in - I actually like it when they have 2-3 stops as inevitably they'll stop at the Hilton last as its on the road back out of town - you'll get a free 15-20 minute mini tour of downtown Prague!!

Enjoy
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 3.1 Million AA Miles, Hilton Diamond, *wood Gold
Be careful in the hot tub in the health club.

Heard from a friend who broke her arm getting out of the hot tub.

Problems include: evening low level lighting, combined with NO hand rails, NO anti-skid strips, and all white color, NO color changes, NO warning signs, and lots of splashed out water on the floor and steps.

Very easy to slip and fall.

[This message has been edited by Brandy (edited Jan 15, 2004).]
Old Jan 15, 2004, 2:58 pm

Ditto the comments above about the lounge. Had an award stay there last November, and the lounge and service really were excellent.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
I'm thinking of an award stay there this Fall. How is the weather in October? November? Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2004, 7:43 pm

Thanks for the replies.

My reservation is using an old-school GLON, but I may have a shorter stay there some other time, instead:
1.) It's still a cat. 3, so assuming there are ever point stretchers...
2.) I'd rather split my trip evenly w/ Berlin or Vienna, rather than 6 nights in prague and 1/2 in the other city
3.) I get bored of hotels after a few days!

My only trip to Prague was one night a few weeks after the floods, so I've seen the Hilton from a distance. Look forward to seeing it up close.

Thanks again.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 8:20 pm

The weather in Prague when I was there in October, 2002, was chilly to cold. It was in the 40's to low 50's (farenheit) in the daytime, and in the 30's at night. Nevertheless, we had a great time in Prague. Just bring a warm coat and maybe some gloves and you'll be fine.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
Thanks, hhonorman.
I prefer chilly to hot anyways, so it sounds fine to me!
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:39 am

Hilton Prague

Just checked out of the Hilton. Here are my thoughts. Checked in and was upgraded to the exec floors. As gold or diamond, you can check in on the 8th floor (exec check in). Room was fine, but nothing special. High speed internet is available at a cost (did not use it, so don't know the cost).

The best thing about the hotel is the exec lounge. Great breakfast and great food spread during the whole day. Huge variety of sodoas, waters and alcohol. Best exec lounge at a Hilton I've been in. 3 high speed internet terminals and a huge TV on one side. The lounge is huge. For those of you who know the Hilton NY lounge, it is at least 4 times the size and newish.

The hotel has its own fleet of cabs. Prepaid cab ride to/from the airport is 25 euros.

Although not being in the city centre, it is easily accessible by metro or cab (6 euros). The metro station is 3 min walking and the city centre is two or three stops away.

Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:42 pm

Programs: AS Gold MVP; UA 1MM; Hilton Gold. Marriott Platinum
I am planning a stay here in June - how do you organize the prepaid taxi from airport to hotel in advance?
Old Feb 13, 2004, 9:38 am
DJC

Programs: AC - Super Elite, AA - Platinum, DL - Basic, HHonors - Gold, SPG - Platinum, Fairmont - Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lhiltz:
I am planning a stay here in June - how do you organize the prepaid taxi from airport to hotel in advance?</font>
I phoned the day before my arrival. They took my flight details and the driver was there waiting for me.

I agree with comments about the lounge at this hotel. It's great. The health club is excellent too and is absolutely enormous. While the metro is convenient, it's only about a 10-15 minute walk into town.

Last edited by DJC; May 14, 2004 at 1:30 pm
Old Feb 16, 2004, 1:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I'm planning a stay at the Hilton Prague in May.

What are the opening hours for the lounge and the executive check-in ?

Any good advice for renting a car for a day to see the countryside (pickup from city or airport) ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.