Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton President Kansas City {US-MO}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton President Kansas City {US-MO}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:33 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Any recent stays here?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Just stayed there 2 weeks ago. Very nice, historic hotel. Room and bathroom size was large- definitely above average. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Location is very good for downtown. Buffet breakfast (free for Diamonds) was pretty good.

Only negative was, at least for south facing rooms, it was a little noisy (from outside) at night.

Great place to stay. It must have been the best in town when it was built.

If you have specific questions, I will try to answer them.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Any recent stays to report? Any other hotels (any brand) near the Sprint Center to recommend? Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:27 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Stayed there recently. Online checkin allowed me to choose my room. They must have been busy during my stay because when I booked, they only had rooms with 2 doubles available and that's what I got during online checkin on the afternoon of arrival. I stopped at the front desk and asked if they had any king rooms and was given one, though facing the inside so my view was of other rooms in the hotel and the lobby roof. When you look at the floor plan, if you have a choice, pick a room along the outside of the hotel. The room I initially selected (with 2 doubles) was an 11th floor street facing room that would have had a better view. But I willingly accepted the King room on a lower floor with the interior view. The room was modern, and the bathroom and amenities were spacious.

Had a great dinner with friendly service at the Drum Room lounge, which offers food on the menu from the Providence restaurant onsite.

Breakfast is served in the Walnut room, just a few steps up from the lobby. It is a full buffet with hot and cold options. It is all complimentary for Gold and Diamond members.

My arrival/departure times each day fit with the on street parking where there are a good number of metered spots that do not charge from 6pm - 7am on weeknights. They are using the ParkMobile app, so I simply set a reminder for the morning at 655am to register my car for 7am until my departure around 830am for $1.95 rather than the $24 garage parking fee. If you are visiting on a weekend, street parking is generally free on weekends (check signage) so if you can find a nearby metered spot, you can use it as long as you keep up with the ParkMobile notifications of your expiring time.

Last edited by PHL; Apr 10, 2019 at 7:32 am
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Any recent stays to report? Any other hotels (any brand) near the Sprint Center to recommend? Thanks!
This Hilton would probably be my #1 choice for the Sprint Center. There are about 6 Marriott choices to pick from - counting everything from the large downtown Marriott to the Westin/Sheraton in Crown Center. Only one I haven't stayed in is the Ambassador (Autograph Collection). All of them are adequate and standard (as Marriotts often are), but the President has a cooler vibe than any of them.

As for HH, there's also a Curio (Phillips Hotel), Hampton, and Home2 Suites. Phillips is OK...it's not a particularly historic or unique hotel IMHO. Hampton and Home2 Suites are pretty new - I haven't stayed in either.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:26 am

Recent stay

Recently stayed here and thought i would provide a review since one hasnt been posted in a couple years. At check in I arrived at 1:40 and waited for over 15 minutes before I saw someone arrive to check me in at the front desk, and after inquiring about checking in I was told "check in isn't until 2pm so I was told to get out of line and wait 5 more minutes. After receiving my keys and going up to my room i found my keys werent activated and i was forced to return to the front desk for them to do the check in process over again. The room (junior suite) I was upgraded to as a diamond member was nice however it didn't have consistent hot or warm water when using the shower or sink. I didn't try any of the dining options at this hotel. Overall I would say this hotel was OK but certainly needs improvements in the service area. I probably wouldn't stay here again though, the marriott autograph hotel nearby is 100x better and at a similar price point as this one is.
chrisny2 likes this.

Last edited by mochajj87; Mar 22, 2022 at 8:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.