Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: Amex Gold, Platinum, AeroplanPlus Gold, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Another success!
Booked two nights at DoubleTree Financial District in NYC. It was a booking with free cancellation, USD$179/night. After the booking I found both hotel.com and expedia.com have lower price (USD$161) but a bit different on the cancellation policy. It was 6 pm on Hilton website but 4 pm on third party website. I still gave it a try and got response saying they are going to match the price and provide the GC. I am very satisfied with their BRG team.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HY Diamod, MR Gold, PCR Plat
Can I still cancel the reservation after BRG

This is the first time for me to do Hilton BRG. My question is that if I book a free cancellation reservation and BRG is approved, can I still cancel the reservation later? I am still in the early stage of my trip planning so I don't want to settle my trip just for the BRG. But I don't want to loose the BRG opportunity either.

Thank you
Old Aug 10, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: Amex Gold, Platinum, AeroplanPlus Gold, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyfire
This is the first time for me to do Hilton BRG. My question is that if I book a free cancellation reservation and BRG is approved, can I still cancel the reservation later? I am still in the early stage of my trip planning so I don't want to settle my trip just for the BRG. But I don't want to loose the BRG opportunity either.

Thank you
Yes, I think you are able to cancel your reservation! After they approve your claim, you will receive an updated confirmation email with the matched price. The gift card will only be mailed after your stay.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Price Match Mobile Deals

Ok, I have an interesting situation. I see a mobile deal at Orbitz and Hotels.com for the PHX Airport Hilton and it only shows on their mobile sites. Anyone had any luck matching on one of those mobile deals on those sites?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Has anyone ever gotten a BRG match from a Costco quote? I'm seeing a huge difference between a November HHV stay on Hilton.com vs. Costcotravel.com for the same date/product, and am mulling over trying to get that matched. I called their customer service line preemptively to try and find someone there who understood BRG and whether Costco was excluded, and after 21m on the phone getting passed around, I gave up.

Or am I better off calling HHV directly and seeing if they will match Costco for a booking? presumably their own staff would know how low rooms are really going for?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
How does the gift card work?

I booked at the SLS vegas on Hilton.com and found it for considerably less on the SLSlasvegas.com site and put in a request for it yesterday about 10 minutes after tooking the room on Hilton.com

I received an email with a confirmation and the same number but it had the lower rate and no mention of the gift card.

Do they just mail it to me? Or do I have to call?

And when will I get the card, after the stay?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
If they've approved the BRG claim (which it sounds like they have given the rate change) then you'll get it posted out after your stay - I had to chase them up via Diamond Desk in my case but I got it in the end.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
If they've approved the BRG claim (which it sounds like they have given the rate change) then you'll get it posted out after your stay - I had to chase them up via Diamond Desk in my case but I got it in the end.
Thanks, I was a little concerned since I didn't get an email specifically stating they were approving the BRG claim and there is nothing in the revised confirmation (The rate dropped the second night and instead of having two different rates, they averaged out the rate and are applying it for both nights). I did save the email stating they received the claim as well as the original and revised reservation and copies of the screenshot of the lower rate, I just don't to be going through a bunch of hassle with the diamond desk.

I normally stay at HGVC's in Vegas to avoid the resort fee, but I figure the $50 will cover the resort fee on this stay.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Sounds like it'll be OK but perhaps worth emailing them back thanking them for updating the rate and asking them to confirm when you'll receive the gift card. At least they beat IHG - one week on and still no reply to my BRG claim!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:36 pm

Hilton BRG good against yeego.com?

Has anyone had any experience submitting a BRG claim to Hilton against a European hotel rate shown on yeego.com?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Better rate offered by Expedia, but this was after making a booking with an airline (link from flight confirmation page). Is this considered a " a lower publicly available rate " as per Hilton T&C ?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I recently had a BRG claim approved at SLS Las Vegas in response to the Be Legendary rate bookable directly through SLSLasVegas.com. It was pure luck that the same rate was available on LasVegas.com as well because, even though being VERY clear in both the website field AND the notes field, LasVegas.com was the point of comparison used to substantiate the claim.

Another FTer had a similar claim for different dates denied because they checked LasVegas.com instead of SLSLasVegas.com and, unfortunately for them, it wasn't available in both locations as it was for me. By now the Be Legendary rates are loaded at Hilton.com (after their initial claim), so they won't honor the claim and will only adjust the rate (no $50 AMEX).

Is it common for BRG claims to be misread and mishandled to such a degree with no regard to their own mistakes and their effects on the timeline of the claim?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:14 am

This must be done within 24 hours right?

I booked a non refundable rate at Hilton Time Square and the rates got cheaper on the Hhonors website. Can anything be donw?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:30 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by ztcheong
This must be done within 24 hours right?

I booked a non refundable rate at Hilton Time Square and the rates got cheaper on the Hhonors website. Can anything be donw?
Hi ztcheong,

My team would be happy to adjust your reservation to the lower rate available on HHonors.com on the same terms that apply to the lower rate!

Could you send me a PM with more details (full name, HHonors number and email address) and we will get started?

Thanks,
Erin
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:12 pm

I booked it a weeks back. Hope it can be adjusted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.