Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: lots of little things
Apparently this isn't the norm, but I just filled out a BRG claim for tomorrow night and heard back, approved, within a half an hour. Couldn't have been smoother.

The BRG site's misinformation of being allowed to make the claim over the phone was the only thing that didn't go as planned.

Then I found and read this thread. I'll be cautiously optimistic in the future.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Can I get your thoughts on this before I book.

For the Atlanta Hilton on 2/8-2/9 Kayak and Orbitz are quoting 104.00 pre-pay and Hilton.com is quoting 118.00 pre-pay. The issue is that Orbitz.com is saying this is part of the any weekend anywhere sale. (it's a Wed night stay) If I book would this qualify for the BRG?

I'm asking because right now I am booked on a cheaper refundable rate, but if it qualifies for BRG the pre-pay would be cheaper.

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So there is some sort of three day sale going on according to Kayak.com and Hotels.com. The sale is on both pre-pay and refundable rates. These rates do not appear on Hilton.com. I put in for a BRG on one reservation see how it goes.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by colpuck
So there is some sort of three day sale going on according to Kayak.com and Hotels.com. The sale is on both pre-pay and refundable rates. These rates do not appear on Hilton.com. I put in for a BRG on one reservation see how it goes.
How did it go? From your explanation it sounds like a situation where the BRG should be honored.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 1:08 pm

Looking at London Hilton Docklands.

On hilton website, the standard Bed and Breakfast rate (i.e. Cancellable) is 196 per night.

On vivastay.com their cancellable B&B rate is 106 per night.

Both are for a standard double room.

Is there anything else I need to make sure of before I try?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by peterc2609
Looking at London Hilton Docklands.

On hilton website, the standard Bed and Breakfast rate (i.e. Cancellable) is 196 per night.

On vivastay.com their cancellable B&B rate is 106 per night.

Both are for a standard double room.

Is there anything else I need to make sure of before I try?
Maybe just a triple-check making sure all room descriptions are identical. But since it's refundable anyway, let it fly, and report back with your results.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by colpuck
Nope, Hilton waited untill this morning to look into my BRG claim. The sale ended so the rates went back so they claimed they couldn't confirm it.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I rebooked under a cheaper rate after they denied my claim. Therefore the response from hilton was the following.

I have spoken to my supervisors and they have double checked everything on your Best Rates Guarantee. They found that they could approve it, but since the reservation has since been cancelled and rebooked under a different rate we cannot honor it now due to the terms and conditions. If you should need further assistance please contact me back via email, as I will be more than happy to assist.
I filed a BBB complaint against them in regards to this.

Last edited by colpuck; Feb 2, 2012 at 3:14 am
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by cfischer
On my approved claim (after a BBB complaint etc.) I never actually got the $50. It's a scam and if anyone at Hilton is reading this ... it's the major reason for staying a LOT more at Marriott. I have never seen a program which is so poorly designed and drives customers away to stay with the competition.
It's not poorly designed, it's not properly carried out! It's, in fact, a scam!
Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
It's, in fact, a scam!
This is the credited response.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by dc333
Maybe just a triple-check making sure all room descriptions are identical. But since it's refundable anyway, let it fly, and report back with your results.
Successful.

When hilton looked it had actually gone down to Ł100 a night on viva stay.com!

So I've saved nearly half.

Only one question... I'm a gold card holder for Hilton and therefore get free breakfast. But I've booked a rate that is bed and breakfast... Can I get any money back?

Also, when booking Hilton I was offered a potential upgrade for Ł0 so I ticked yes!? As you would.

But again, gold card holders get an upgrade if available, so would I potentially be entitled to a double upgrade, I.e. an upgrade on top of the upgrade?

Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: EK Gold CX Silver, HHonors Gold
Procedure for a honoured prepaid claim ?

Does anyone know what the procedure is for a honoured BRG claim with a prepaid rate ?

So far, I haven't been able to get an answer from Hilton (despite several Emails), regarding:

1. The rate that has been honoured.
2. The procedure for teh difference in rate (since the rate is prepaid and already paid)
Old Feb 5, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by peterc2609
Only one question... I'm a gold card holder for Hilton and therefore get free breakfast. But I've booked a rate that is bed and breakfast... Can I get any money back?

Also, when booking Hilton I was offered a potential upgrade for Ł0 so I ticked yes!? As you would.

But again, gold card holders get an upgrade if available, so would I potentially be entitled to a double upgrade, I.e. an upgrade on top of the upgrade?
Not the right thread for these questions, but anyway, check the HHonors "My Way" options. Depending on your level and the property, you can usually pick different options. So, if your rate includes breakfast you can pick something else rather than free breakfast. The $0 upgrade is the same as your space-available Gold upgrade. That's why it's $0.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
First time HIlton BRG user. I found a rate on Hilton.com for the Mexico City Airport hotel for $127. Bookit.com has the same room, same dates, etc for $126.

Hilton's T&C paragraph 7 state:
Rate comparisons will be made net of taxes, gratuities, service charges, early departure fees, or other fees and incidental charges.

Hilton is now claiming that after taxes and fees the bookit.com rate is higher than the hilton.com rate, which might be true.
They insist that they include taxes into the calculation, which seems like a total violation of their own T&C.

What do you all know about the tax included or excluded question?

Cheers

PS... I called customer service and they reviewed my case further. 1 hour later I got an email from customer service stating that my rate does qualify and I will get the lower rate and a $50 Amex card. Good for Hilton. I really appreciate that quick solution. As a result I will promote Hilton and discourage Intercontinental, whose BRG is the biggest joke in the industry. Let's see if a Texas judge thinks it is funny what IHG is doing with their BRG to customers.

Last edited by Deltahater; Feb 6, 2012 at 8:41 pm
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

So Hilton is sticking by its line that because they lied to me in order to get to rebook they shouldnt have to follow the BRG

Hilton has the biggest joke of a BRG policy in the industry.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.