Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Old May 28, 2010, 9:15 am
nsr

Originally Posted by FlyIn2FlyOut
I wouldn't even trust those Hilton managed chains either, because if their corporate programming doesn't honor a well publicized promise such as their 'Best Rate Guarantee' (under which they would make less money but keep customers happy and returning), I don't imagine they would honor a 100% guarantee (under which they'd lose all the money).
HH BRG is the worst period. But the 100% guarantee is completely different. It is amazing how different are the two programs. I find that Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites really try to do their best to resolve problems. However, I had one stay that was completely messed-up, and ended-up getting a smaller suite from what I originally ordered. I offered to pay part of the room and the receptionist just refunded everything! (no manager needed or any kind of authorization).

They can give you all kind of excuses for denying the BRG but the the 100% guarantee is just that.
Old May 28, 2010, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by nsr

They can give you all kind of excuses for denying the BRG but the the 100% guarantee is just that.
have you used it recently? Last time I did was in 2002 via email

Email still work? (I don't like confrontations)
Old May 28, 2010, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
duplicate

Last edited by Boraxo; May 28, 2010 at 5:11 pm Reason: bad memory - duplicate!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:50 am

I submitted a claim on saturday. I have heard nothing (apart from the auto generated email confirmation) so i have called central reservations.

In the first call I made, the agent told me that she did not know who or where the claims were dealt with and could not give me a direct number of a department to speak to.

The second call that i made siad that the hotels deal with the claims themselves directly, so the agent said i would be best to contact the hotel concerned directly.

So my 3rd call was directly to the hotel. They said they had never heard of the best rate guarantee but did say they would price match. I then informed them that the BRG stated there would be a $50 (local currency equivalent) adjustment.

They again said they hadnt head of it. So I offered to email the link of the BRG to them.

I await their response.

This is the first time in about a decade that I have contemplated staying at one of the group properties - in ths case Hampton.

My experience thus far does not make me inclined to switch from IHG where I am Platimun. Im really, really unimpressed so far.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 7:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I've long been tempted to try the BRG at the Parmelia Hilton Perth. lastminute.com.au frequently has rates in excess of $200 cheaper than the Hilton website. However, I'm very sceptical given the difficulty many have faced. If any one is so inclined, I'd be grateflu for a second opinion on whether or not my feeling is correct - lastminute.com.au are significantly cheaper for the same rooms on the same nights than the Hilton website. (I've specifically been looking at Friday nights but I suspect it's the same on other nights too.)
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Was in the same situation last week - booked a prepaid rate for $99 on needitnow.com.au rather than shell out the $160 the Parmelia was asking, which I guess you have to do as a prelude to the BRG.

Needitnow had a slightly different description of the room as I recall, after reading this thread doubtless the Hilton sleazeballs would seize on that.

OT: Dont use lastminute or wotif any more. IMO since wotif took over lastminute they've become too big, most of the deals have gone and it's just another list of rack rates. Whereas expedia.com.au always has something at a good price, or for last minute stuff needitnow.com.au has the occasional zinger.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:48 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Thumbs down Can't believe it still remains horrible

Hi,

Can't believe that after so long, their BRG policy is still so horrible. From the length of this thread, it seems this has been going on for ages with no improvements.

After twice of facing such a horrible experience, I have given up with their BRG. If I find a rate that is less than what Hilton offers on their website and have no other hotel chain near to where I want to be, I will just take the lower rather offered by the competing website.

All the hassle and frustration you get from Hilton's BRG is not worth the bickering as their operation seems to be within one policy "Sc*@w the customer as much with all T&C's" because they will deny the rate compared to with all sort of unbelievable excuses.

Repeating myself from an earlier post, other major hotel chains offering BRG's are so much more better and customer focus compared to Hilton's. To me they are the worst among all.

Good luck to all trying to benefit from this.

Cheers!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 2:58 am

Despite sending the BRG website link to the hotel, the hotel wrote back saying that the BRG only applies to US hotels and advised me to contact central reservations.

Time to write a letter to head office then...

EDIT: 6 Aug 2010 - Still waiting for a reply after a week !!

Last edited by lfc84; Aug 6, 2010 at 2:44 am Reason: update
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:24 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Really not surprised this still goes on with Hilton. I have no regrets moving to Marriott. By chance, I submitted 2 BRG claims with them this month. Approved within 2-3 hours, minus 25%. No muss, no fuss.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lfc84
Despite sending the BRG website link to the hotel, the hotel wrote back saying that the BRG only applies to US hotels and advised me to contact central reservations.

Time to write a letter to head office then...

The hotel is not responsible for BRG claims, it is a special group within Customer care.
BRG with Hilton is terrible, you have to fight for every dollar. It is really a shame that Hilton puts their worst employees and managers into this department. Most of the time they have no idea about their own rules and don't get back to you if there is an issue. I am still fighting for some money with them right now ... tedious and actually not worth it.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boxo
Really not surprised this still goes on with Hilton. I have no regrets moving to Marriott. By chance, I submitted 2 BRG claims with them this month. Approved within 2-3 hours, minus 25%. No muss, no fuss.
You were unlucky, most of my LNF clains are approved within 1 hr . Clearly an outstanding program.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
You were unlucky, most of my LNF clains are approved within 1 hr . Clearly an outstanding program.
I'm happy to give Marriott an extra hour or two at 1-3am.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boxo
I'm happy to give Marriott an extra hour or two at 1-3am.
late night and weekends is actually the best time for LNF
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I wish that a few travel writers would call out Hilton on this nonsense. Nobody is forcing Hilton to make a guarantee. But if they do so, and consumers reasonably rely on it by booking non-refundable rooms, then Hilton must honor it. And if they don't then there should be consequences - maybe the FTC or state AGs should get a few letters.
The L.A. Times Travel section had a piece about this last year. Their Travel help column looked into a complaint someone had when Hilton didn't honor a BRG, and Hilton told her it was because the customer's profile requested a king bed, while the two reservations (Hilton and the competitor) didn't specify bed type, but the profile request made the two rates non-identical. Makes no sense, does it?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 4:03 pm

Programs: US,PC
Hmm....

Filed a BRG claim for a refundable hotel room in morning for 35$ night at Hampton Inn in Orlando. If honored good if not then another low priced reservation already in place with same hotel.

Dracs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.