Hilton Kuala Lumpur {MYS}

Old Feb 17, 2004, 6:23 pm

Hilton Kuala Lumpur

Hi,

Does anyone know the opening date for the Hilton Kuala Lumpur, I have 3 nights in KL in late April, and I'd much prefer to stay there than at Petaling Jaya again.

Old Feb 17, 2004, 6:50 pm

Programs: Many
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kawoh:
Hi,

Does anyone know the opening date for the Hilton Kuala Lumpur, I have 3 nights in KL in late April, and I'd much prefer to stay there than at Petaling Jaya again.

</font>
The Hilton web page for this hotel still says July...I have a trip in late June-early July so I am keenly watching this one also...

Old Jul 16, 2004, 9:06 pm

New Hilton KL (looks like a better Conrad Bangkok!)

Hi -

Has anyone been successful in getting a great room deal at the new Hilton KL.

Its website states a deal of MYR 265 ++ (approx US 72) but I'm sure it can be beat. Really don't want to miss out on soft-launches or other deals like I did with Conrad Bali.

And from what I can see on its website - it sure looks a lot like the Conrad Bangkok (one of my most beloved city hotels) with a glass bathroom wall. But even better! It also comes with 2 plasma TVs, one in the bathroom! Check out -

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/i...tyhocn=KULHIHI

If anyone has any word on this property, pls do share. Thanks

Last edited by lesmiz99; Jul 16, 2004 at 9:31 pm Reason: Editing factual errors
Old Jul 17, 2004, 1:48 am
cjd

I see that the special opening rate includes triple HHonors points. Hotel sure looks nice, but doesn't open until September 22nd. This opening date has already been put back a few times so I wonder how accurate it is. Stayed at the old Hilton KL a few years ago before it changed to the Mutiara and got a very cheap rate of about $45 and hotel was very central in a great location. Hotel itself was disappointing and in need of refurbishment. The opening price of $72 for the new hotel looks a pretty good offer to me.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 6:09 am

hilton kl

stayed at the old kl hilton, the lounge and spread was excellent, staff service was superb, the pool was excellent, but the hotel was worn and feeling its age. great location.

the new kl hilton, i went past about 8 wks ago, beautiful building part of the KL sentral complx, the problem is the location, it isn't great, and therefore really can't compete with it's city proper upper class hotels (ie marriott, ritz carlton, regent), hence the pricing i suspect. but being near kl sentral, there is easy access to public transport and cabs are cheap in kl.

price is actually a little richer (quite a bit) than it's nearby sister hotel, the pj hilton. i'm sure i'll stay at this hotel later this year, looking forward to it.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 11:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cjd
Hotel sure looks nice, but doesn't open until September 22nd. This opening date has already been put back a few times so I wonder how accurate it is.
As I look out of my windows, I could see that the letters "H" and "i" has been erected on top of the building. I am sure they will manage to put up the remaining letters "l","t","o","n" and the Hilton logo before Sepember 22nd .
Old Aug 17, 2004, 7:27 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Does anyone in the KL area have a firm update on the opening date for the KL Hilton? Looking on the website, they're now accepting reservations from the 22nd of September, so one would think it's almost complete, but would be good to hear from someone that might have cast an eye over it (and as I gaze out my window at work at the disaster that has been the Sydney Hilton renovation I certainly know that timeframes can keep on slipping ). I'll be in KL in late October, and hopefully it'll be ready then (there's certainly some nice rates to be had anyway - from RM165, no complaints about that! )
Old Aug 18, 2004, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2023 MH Enrich Gold (OWS), 2023 Marriott Titanium and Lifetime Gold
Lightbulb KL Hilton is confirmed on Sep 22nd Grand Opening

Well, I hope I will be their first guest checking in as I have reservation with them for one night on their grand opening day. Yes, they do have their promotion rate of RM165/++, but it is prepaid, and don't forget they also do have a promotion rate of 3X HHonors points or Airline miles with rates starting at RM265/++.
Old Aug 20, 2004, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Code for RM165 rate

Cant find the RM165 rate, is there a code for this rate ?

Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2004, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This property shows as a Cat 1 for awards. That seems like a pretty good deal based on what the property looks to be when it opens next month?
Old Aug 30, 2004, 5:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes it does seem good. Of course rooms are also fairly cheap in KL.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 11:17 pm

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
Originally Posted by mario33
Cant find the RM165 rate, is there a code for this rate ?

Thanks
"TT" but its a non-refundable rate.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 11:57 pm

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Thumbs up

Finally a Hilton in KL!
I have always stayed with the Shangri-La in KL but they are quite expensive.
What is the official site of this new Hilton?
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Keithl
"TT" but its a non-refundable rate.
Hi Keithl!

I still don't find the rate after putting TT in the Promotion Code. Please advice.

Regards,

Emil
Old Aug 31, 2004, 7:33 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Unfortunately the Non-Refundable rates do appear to have vanished now - hmmmmmm, well can only hope they reappear!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.