Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 12, 11, 3:09 am   #736
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Gold, IHG Platinum, UA Gold, National Rail Gold, ABP
That's a point-stretcher rate, which seems accurate.
stifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 11, 1:12 am   #737

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsaabowski View Post
Just booked the W=A for 30,000 (!!!) points for July 16th. This closest I could come to this, was a Hampton Inn in Secaucus (had to debate between the two for a while). All other Manhattan hotels were at least 40,000 points.
Does this sound like a glitch to anyone? I don't even remember rates this low before the devaluation. The reward was listed as a low season reward, with 1 King, 1 Queen, or 1 Double available for this rate. After the reservation was made, the HHonors activity page says: "Expanded Rewards PS - Waldorf -30,000."
Thanks for the info bigsaabowski!

I had 2 weekends booked for August at the Doubletree Suites TS and I changed the 2nd one for 2 rooms at the WA. It means an extra 20.000 points but it is worth it for me.

A new feature of the Hilton web is that you can book awards for more than 1 room at the same time.
more4less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 12, 1:04 am   #738

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1KMM, Amtrak Select Exec, Hyatt Dia, HH Dia, SPG & Marriott Gold, IHG Amb/Plat
So here is the lounge access policy, specifically referencing W=A hotels. On what basis can they exclude Diamonds from the lounge at the W=A New York or Arizona Biltmore?

** Executive Lounge Access Policy

The following policy will apply at all Waldorf AstoriaŽ Hotels & Resorts, ConradŽ Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.

If you are a Gold HHonors guest, you and up to one additional registered guest will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.

If you are a Diamond HHonors guest, you and up to one additional registered guest will always enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor.
Explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 12, 7:50 am   #739

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explore View Post
So here is the lounge access policy, specifically referencing W=A hotels. On what basis can they exclude Diamonds from the lounge at the W=A New York or Arizona Biltmore?
Did you get excluded?
cottonpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 12, 8:28 am   #740

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1KMM, Amtrak Select Exec, Hyatt Dia, HH Dia, SPG & Marriott Gold, IHG Amb/Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonpatch View Post
Did you get excluded?
Others have been within the last year, according to this thread and the Biltmore thread.
Explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 12, 11:03 am   #741

Where is the Diamond desk located in the W-A?
Old Feb 4, 12, 12:04 pm   #742

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, IC Amb, Fairmont Plat, Hertz 5*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinaLC View Post
Where is the Diamond desk located in the W-A?
Last time I was there (~4 years ago), it was located at the far left end of the standard Registration Desk. That is, as you face the desk, make a left face, and you should see an office directly ahead of you. That is (or at least, was) its location.
jmd001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 12, 12:15 pm   #743

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, IC Amb, Fairmont Plat, Hertz 5*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explore View Post
The W=A in New York technically does not have a lounge. It is the Waldorf Towers (a separate hotel within the same building) which has the Astoria Lounge. The Waldorf Towers does not participate in the HHonors program. Since the hotel with the lounge does not participate in HHonors, there is no reason you should expect access to it.
jmd001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 12, 8:48 am   #744
PHL

Programs: AA Gold, US Gold, HH Dia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd001 View Post
The W=A in New York technically does not have a lounge. It is the Waldorf Towers (a separate hotel within the same building) which has the Astoria Lounge. The Waldorf Towers does not participate in the HHonors program. Since the hotel with the lounge does not participate in HHonors, there is no reason you should expect access to it.
More specifically, the Astoria lounge on the 26th floor is not an executive lounge that falls within the policies of the HH program. The Waldorf Towers floors don't begin until 28. 26 is actually still a W=A floor. The policy specifically allows:

1.) Guests staying on the 26th floor
2.) Guests staying in the Waldorf Towers

It's a small lounge, and at one time they would allow all Diamonds in there and it simply was too crowded at the busy times.
PHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 12, 10:04 pm   #745

Programs: UA PL*G (0.60 BIS MM), HHonors Gold
So I still don't quite understand what kind of perks I would receive in either property as a gold ?

Currently have the free night cert from last year's Q4 promo.

I had noticed Waldorf Tower is a completely non-smoking hotel, but Waldorf Astoria isn't according to Hilton site. AS a smoker of course I would prefer a hotel with smoking room available, but if Waldorf tower provide more perks as a gold, I would forget cigarette for one night and smoke my ecig instead.
ORDnHKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 12, 2:29 am   #746
2014 Elections

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, TK Elite, HHonors Diamond
ORDnHKG, Waldorf Astoria is a completely non-smoking hotel. You will need to step outside for a cigarette. One more thing - you won't be able to redeem your free night certificate at Waldorf Towers.

As a Gold your benefits will be a possible upgrade and a bottle of water per day plus a voucher for Starbucks or a drinks coupon.
Andriyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 12, 1:39 am   #747
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: Information Desk &Alaska Airlines

Programs: Pure AS MVP Gold75K, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Silver, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andriyko
ORDnHKG, Waldorf Astoria is a completely non-smoking hotel. You will need to step outside for a cigarette. One more thing - you won't be able to redeem your free night certificate at Waldorf Towers.

As a Gold your benefits will be a possible upgrade and a bottle of water per day plus a voucher for Starbucks or a drinks coupon.
So as a Gold on a weekend stay with a Q4 cert, would you stay at the WA if avail, or a different property? Sounds like a very nice abit dated property.
beckoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 12, 1:58 am   #748

Programs: LH SEN, HH D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

So as a Gold on a weekend stay with a Q4 cert, would you stay at the WA if avail, or a different property? Sounds like a very nice abit dated property.
I would definitively stay at the WA if available.
Starbuck B/fast coupons are poor but sufficient for me and I like the property very much.
more4less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 12, 5:55 am   #749
2014 Elections

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, TK Elite, HHonors Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post

It depends what you're looking for. The WA is my first choice in NYC. However, other HHonors properties have nicer breakfast/in-room coffee making facilities (which may be important for some). But I personally would stay at the WA.
Andriyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 12, 10:58 am   #750
2014 Elections

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Fairmont President's Club
Interesting article:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...1S89.DTL&tsp=1
fozziedoggie is online now   Reply With Quote