Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}

Old May 20, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by MS02113
There are widespread reports of massive cost overruns in the Waldorf's renovation. All I'd read previously pertained to the condo conversions, so no idea what progress has been made on the hotel portion of building. Hope the strained budget doesn't lead to cut corners on the lower floors.
I have a friend working on the renovations and I can assure you, they are 100% cutting corners.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
I have a friend working on the renovations and I can assure you, they are 100% cutting corners.
Any details you're allowed to share?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any details you're allowed to share?
I don't want to get my friend in trouble so I'm not going into much detail, but the following is public info I believe: they used non-union workers for the concrete pouring, which means they don't have the same certification and standards. I'm sure there's other issues as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.