The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Old Nov 5, 2023, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you like a nice lounge, you can't go wrong with Tower Bridge.

Maybe PL will be decent once the refurb is finished?
Old Nov 5, 2023, 10:10 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover

YepTB lounge is one of my favourites now, especially in the summer months out on the terrace and the last time I stayed at PL the lounge offerings was the best Ive ever seen..good choice!
Old Nov 6, 2023, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by hugolover

Which property is PL? Problem with Tower Bridge is location. HUGE theater fan and I can walk to almost every theater from the Waldorf and it's a straight shot on the Picadelly line from LHR and I usualyl leave London on Sunday mornings and that line is an all night line on weekends. This trip I'll be leaving on a Monday (new years day) and am assuming the line will be running all night then as well.

While there is no lounge and the room s are basic, I like the doubletree west end. It's only one subway stop past Covent Gardens on the underground and great location and ok buffet breakfast. If I'm paying in cash cash the room rates are lot cheaper and if using points it's 60K points a night.

On the charges for breakfast, now that I think about it I was charged for a diet coke a couple years ago at breakfast which I thought was odd. Now I just go to the lounge and grab one. Wans't a big deal, but I wasn't told ahead of time or even after and it was on the folio when I checked out. I had a stay on points/FNC and when I checked they said there was a charge for something like 5 pounds and I asked what it was and they said it was for a diet coke. Aburud amount for a small bottle of diet coke.

Another thing I like aobut the Waldorf is the top shelf of the mini fridge can be used for food storage. I always like to buy cheeses to bring home from Neals Dairy year and it's nice having the fridge to store it in.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
PL = Park Lane.

And Covent Garden is singular
Old Dec 16, 2023, 5:42 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Just noticed the notice online no longer says “ permanently closed”, now says “currently closed”.

Last edited by wizla; Dec 16, 2023 at 12:29 pm Reason: Punctuation

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.