Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2005, 5:57 am

How exactly will we be able to tell the difference?

Everything will be marked with a large H instead of a large D!

Sorry - couldn't resist.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile

I'm sorry I forgot to post this sooner; I heard it about a week ago.

While staying at the DoubleTree Guest Suites Chicago-Downtown (198 E Delaware) I mentioned to the desk clerk that I had been going back and forth trying to decide whether to stay there or try the newish HGI over on Grand.* He mentioned that the hotel was due to be converted to a "Hilton Suites" property.

I was surprised by this, as I had never seen one branded as such, and never noticed one on the Hilton website. But as I'm sure many of you more experienced travelers know, there are some out there. Anyway, I don't know what this portends for the property, but I'm assuming that whether the branding is lateral or not, they're due for a little bit of refurbishment. I'm looking forward to that for future stays, but it suggests some caution booking there in case it turns out to be a mess for a while.

So, for those of you who've been to a Hilton Suites - where does it rank on the ladder of Hilton brands?

* For those not familiar with this property, the DT I'm speaking of is close behind the John Hancock Center, in a very nice location if you're interested in the north end of the Magnificent Mile.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA, Jetblue (love it for the transcons), Northwest, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Avis PS, UCLA fan!
Hilton Suites - Auburn Hills, MI

This is the only Hilton Suites property I stayed at and it was fabulous. I was upgraded upon arrival and the suite was beautiful. The service was great and I was really happy with the overall service.

I tried looking for information on this brand on the hilton website and couldn't find anything myself. I do remember seeing a thread on FT about 6 months regarding the Hilton Suites and where they are located (I might have replied regarding this particular property).
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by bruingirl
I tried looking for information on this brand on the hilton website and couldn't find anything myself. I do remember seeing a thread on FT about 6 months regarding the Hilton Suites and where they are located (I might have replied regarding this particular property).
Exactly - I had to Google "Hilton Suites" to learn of the properties. I saw that Auburn Hills location, as well as a few others, but nothing obvious on the Hilton website. Very odd.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Havent stayed there but theres a Hil Suites at DTW, I usually do either the DT or 4 Points. I prefer the DT.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:27 pm

Orange (Anaheim) CA

Have stayed there several times - nothing special. Was Hilton's attempt to counter Embassy before they bought the brand. Virtually indistinguishable from an Embassy, and am curious why they're adding locations rather than rebranding them to ES.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
That's interesitng news. I (and others) speculated here that Hilton Suites was going away. Looks like that's not the case.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:15 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I can definitely confirm this, as someone who worked there until about 2 months ago.

Guest rooms are scheduled for a gut renovation starting around December, if everything goes well. Floor by floor, should be done by March.

It's going to be nice...
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I can definitely confirm this, as someone who worked there until about 2 months ago.

Guest rooms are scheduled for a gut renovation starting around December, if everything goes well. Floor by floor, should be done by March.

It's going to be nice...
MRtR-Chicago - thanks for chiming in. I think it had something to do with a franchisee owning the property, but I can't remember if they were selling it back to Hilton, they just bought it, or what. Do you know what's prompting the change?
Old Apr 2, 2006, 3:15 am

I stayed at this still-DoubleTree property last week, but in a supposedly rehabbed room. They warned me that it didn't have a flat-screen TV in the living room, but other than that it was supposed to be 'done'.

I was pretty disappointed, though not enough to pack my things back up and get another room. I didn't notice until too late that there was no chair in the living room, just an odd couch. (I did actually want one as I had a guest visit.) Also no mini-bar or refrigerator. (This is particularly irritating as there are NO vending machines in the hotel. Once the restaurant and the little store across the street close, you're SOL unless you want to go out or order in - and the latter's not so easy anymore with a lot of downtown places not delivering late these days.) And though the decor was new, it wasn't especially impressive.

All-in-all, it would appear to still need some work.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 3:28 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
I think there is a Hilton Suites at Nashville, TN
Old Apr 2, 2006, 8:07 am
Original Member

Doubletree Guest Suites - Atlanta Perimeter is changing to Hilton Suites in June.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 5:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
There's a Hilton Suites near the Galleria Mall in Dallas. Not really all that different from an ES as someone posted earlier.

I assume that the DT is being rehabbed into a HS (new acronym??) because most ES follow a certain interior design element...big open atrium, cook-to-order breakfast eatery, etc. Assume it would have been rather difficult to include those elements in the DT design.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Hotel_junkie
There's a Hilton Suites near the Galleria Mall in Dallas. Not really all that different from an ES as someone posted earlier.

I assume that the DT is being rehabbed into a HS (new acronym??) because most ES follow a certain interior design element...big open atrium, cook-to-order breakfast eatery, etc. Assume it would have been rather difficult to include those elements in the DT design.
Is DoubleTree going away as a brand, though? Why not just rehab it as a DT?

I'm bummed they're getting rid of my cookies...
Old Apr 2, 2006, 9:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I don't think DT will be going away as a brand, just this one.
Which is unfortunate because it was the only DT in downtown CHI.

Although on the Hilton.com site it is still showing up at as a DT .

Did you get a DT Cookie when you checked-in? Has the signage, etc been changed to reflect the change to "Hilton Suites"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.