Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for Booking Reservations On-Line: The Definitive Thread

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for Booking Reservations On-Line: The Definitive Thread

Old Jun 19, 1999, 2:28 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus

Hilton HHonors members can now earn 1,000 HHonors bonus points for making reservations on Hilton.com. Book by September 30, 1999, and complete your stay by December 30, 1999. Be sure to enter your HHonors account number in the online reservation form. For more details, Hilton recommends a webpage for the details, but that link is (for the moment) misleading - thank you for noticing - I haven't found the correct link (yet).

If you want me to forward you (email) the Hilton newsletter with the information, just email me.

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 06-19-1999).]
Old Jun 19, 1999, 2:33 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Rudi's guerilla tip 1/99: if you already have a reservation for that qualifying period:

1) try to make a new reservation online first (if you succeed to get the same, or even better rate, finish that reservation: make a print out)
2) cancel afterwards the old reservation (note the cancellation# on your old reservation-confirmation#)
3) have both informations handy when checking-in and later when you might have to claim your miles (in 97, when Hilton did run a similar on-line-booking-bonus-promotion: I, in my memory, had to claim that extra bonus each time).

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 06-19-1999).]
Old Jun 19, 1999, 3:44 am

misleading web link rudi....cant find it on hilton web site....I am sure it is there, but where...lol

KSA_USA
Old Jun 19, 1999, 9:00 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
What do I receive (instead of the reservations page to try for the 1000 points) at 9am eastern time this Saturday morning?

There was no response. The server could be down or not responding.

If you are unable to connect later, please contact the servers administrator.

Old Jun 19, 1999, 10:53 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks Rudi!
Old Jun 19, 1999, 11:27 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
What I just discovered about the Hilton webpage is that the two special offers you see on the front page are random. If you go to the page and then hit reload, you will get two different offers (or possibly one or two of the same offers), but they do change each time you hit reload ... so I kept hitting reload, and finally I got it:
http://www.hilton.com/specials/hhres/resbonus.html
Old Apr 3, 2000, 12:57 pm

1000 bonus points for joing HHonors online

Just notice that Hilton offers 1000 bonus points for joining online.
Old Apr 18, 2000, 10:23 pm
Original Member

On-Line Booking Bonus

Question: Does Hilton separate out (on its on-line and paper statements) on-line booking bonuses of 1000 points? I have written Hilton three times about suspected missing on-line booking bonuses over the last six months, without response, and without any change in my on-line account balance. I am beginning to think that these points are simple folded into the total number of points earned for hotel stays, but I am not sure (being unable to remember how many base points any of my hotel stays are worth). Any help?
Old Apr 18, 2000, 10:41 pm
In Memoriam

Benjamin,
I joined Hhonors in January and have stayed twice at Hiltons since with booking on the web-site for both stays during the 1000 mile bonus promotion period. I only have 500 points from one stay in my account so far. I'm starting to wonder if this was a phantom promotion!!!
Old Apr 18, 2000, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The online booking bonus is rolled into the total points for the stay. When looking at the activity page on the web, double click on the stay uou want to look at. The page that comes up will break down the points earned for that stay and list if airline and/or rental car points /miles were earned.

Hope this helps. I have received all my online booking bonuses.
Old Apr 19, 2000, 11:23 am

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
I am still missing 4000 points from the internet bonus even though I have called the service desk twice and waited 20 minutes each time. Nor Have I received a threshold bonus of 4000 points. Also I am missing miles
that hve not transferred correctly. And to top it all I have been unable to obtain a reward because "those dates are not available."
Old Apr 19, 2000, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA1MM, *G,HA Premier Club, Hyatt Disc, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTPlat, ClubCarlson Gold, IHG PlatAmb
I guess I've known these problems all too well now. Not wanting to represent Hilton on this, but here's a few hints from me:

Hilton Online booking bonus: This is a chronic problem; I used to be getting them for my stays in February (yes they are rolled into the total points posted with your stay). But for my March stays, they were ALL missing! What I did was email Adam Burke, who's a Hilton official lurking on this board. He's very helpful and will route your email to the correct person (mine routed to a Senior HHonors person who took care of things in a timely manner) I believe his email is: [email protected]. Please make sure you include your HHonors number and the date of stays you're missing the online posting.

4000 bonus points: This points post every quarter after your fourth stay. If your 4 stays were from February and you still haven't seen it, email Mr. Burke. If your 4 stays ended in March or April; check again in a month.

Also, you may want to consolidate your questions into one email for Mr. Burke, I'm sure he's overwhelmed with email everyday.

Hope this helps!
Old Apr 19, 2000, 4:05 pm
Original Member

Like Baze said, you can check the breakdown of a stay by click the hotel record. You can also see non hotel activity where the net bonus (for me anyway) have sometimes been placed.

A quick email to the general HHonors email address cleared up three missing net bonus for me in less than a week. Beats spending 20mins on the phone, or cluttering Adams email box with messages that are better sent to the general email address. As Jamester said, Adam is probably overwhelmed with email.
Old Apr 19, 2000, 10:24 pm
Original Member

Thanks for your help. After double-clicking on the Hotel name on-line, my questions were answered. Half had the on-line bonus points posted, half did not (but may just be a matter of time). Thanks again. Now for the Tails you Win Promotion . . .
Old Apr 20, 2000, 3:57 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
For what it's worth, a private e-mail from Hilton to me (a couple of months ago) explained that they agree that their web site does not currently show itimized bonuses in an effective manner.

While they said they were committed to fixing this, it was not an easy task, and it would take some time to complete.

Calling their customer service folks always straightens out any confusion and/or corrects mistakes. This week I was told that I did not show my 1Q threshold bonus because my account's statement had not yet been generated, and they issue the bonus at that time. That process, and the issuance of my new VIP card were promised as "any day now" affairs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.