Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inns opens 300th hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2006, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);

The latest one is at Rome airport ... http://www.abtn.co.uk/Hilton_Garden_...ns_300th_hotel

Hilton Garden Inns has opened its 300th hotel since the business traveller-focussed brand’s launch in 1996. The Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport is situated on the Via Vittorio Bragadin snc, offering complimentary connections to Leonardo da Vinci Airport and shuttle services to the city centre. The hotel features 282 rooms, a boardroom and a 120 sq m (394 sq ft) multi-functional meeting room.

That's a lot of hotels for me to visit as I've only stayed in 7 HGI's, so far

Last edited by Travel The World; Dec 15, 2006 at 4:33 am
Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:34 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I just booked two stays at the Rome airport, in February and March. In February, the HGI priced out at exactly one euro cheaper than the Hilton, so I booked the Hilton. But in March, the HGI was about 20 euros less, so I booked it. I'll report back after my stay if no one else has already done so.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:54 am

I figure the Hilton lounge is worth 20 euros to me.
I look forward to your report.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 9:50 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I am considering booking this property the last week in December. The reviews of the Hilton have been in the average category I think and with the property being new I figure at least the room should be new and nice so what do I really have to lose? The rates I am seeing are about 25 euro less and with free internet that is even more of a savings.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jabez
I look forward to your report.
But if the HGI in Rome follows the (up to now) chainwide HGI policy of free high-speed internet (does it?) then based on my experiences elsewhere in Europe that could easily cost 20 euros a day at the Hilton!

And there could be several other areas where Hilton would nickel-and-dime you whereas HGI might not.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 8:48 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But if the HGI in Rome follows the (up to now) chainwide HGI policy of free high-speed internet (does it?) then based on my experiences elsewhere in Europe that could easily cost 20 euros a day at the Hilton!

And there could be several other areas where Hilton would nickel-and-dime you whereas HGI might not.
I stayed at the Hilton Rome Airport last month and I can't remember what they charged for internet access, but it was expensive enough that I decided it wasn't worth it (I don't travel on a corporate expense account); HGI offers free internet access.
Originally Posted by jabez
As a general HH member, I don't have lounge access, and it's worth it to me to save about $50 on my two night stay at the HGI in March (plus the free internet and food will likely be less pricey at the HGI).
Old Dec 17, 2006, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by ShopAround
I stayed at the Hilton Rome Airport last month and I can't remember what they charged for internet access, but it was expensive enough that I decided it wasn't worth it (I don't travel on a corporate expense account); HGI offers free internet access.
As a general HH member, I don't have lounge access, and it's worth it to me to save about $50 on my two night stay at the HGI in March (plus the free internet and food will likely be less pricey at the HGI).

I agree with your points even as a Diamond. Internet in Europe is expensive and I have to have it for my work and I pay for it myself so it is big for me. Also, I dont think an HGI will be quite as inflated on food cost.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 4:40 pm

I at this hotel now. I will create a review thread with some pics later this week but if any of you have any specific question fee free to ask and I will try to make sure to anser in my review.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Yippee!! They're coming to Europe; I hear they're going to open up all over the place in Europe over the next few years.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 6:12 am

Bump
mcgahat -Have you posted the review,or did I miss it?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 6:16 am

Oops! I found it in another thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.