Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

OLD Conrad Chicago {US-IL} (no longer Honors)

OLD Conrad Chicago {US-IL} (no longer Honors)

Old Dec 6, 2006, 1:03 pm

Conrad - Chicago

Does anyone have any comments on the new Conrad in Chicago? Any opprotunities for upgrades? Thanks for the help.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond
You are going to get tons of advice to do a search. In our experience, great hotel, staff, and they were very accommodating with upgrades for this gold. We were celebrating a special occasion and they took especially good care of us.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 1:40 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
I stayed there in the Spring on a free night certificate for one night.

I wasn't given any kind of upgrade and my room actually faced another building so there wasn't much of a view.

The hotel was nice and was in a great location. Right in the middle of everything on the Mag mile.

The room was nice although I was unimpressed with the beds. I'm not sure if they planned on upgrading them but the Hampton Inn I stayed at the night before had more comfortable beds. The room came with some free amenities including Perrier water and some fruit.

Definitely worth it to stay there on a free certificate but I don't think I would be willing to spend $300-$500 to stay there.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 8:57 am

My wife and I just completed a stay at this property. Some thoughts:

1) I booked a "king deluxe city view" rate and was VERY disappointed with the "view" that our room offered on the 7th floor. Not only were the windows pretty small, we could only see the Intercontinental across the street. The room was nice, but if I am paying extra for the "view" then I expect to have one. We asked to move, and were able to do so to a room on the 17th floor with a view of the river and loop area. What bugged me most was the comment from one of the front desk staff - "well, there are buildings everywhere..." Yeah, no kidding, but dont charge me extra for a room that has a view no different than any other on the property.

2) No upgrade, but the property was sold out and still seems to be undergoing room renovations. Plus, the Tampa Bay Bucs were staying at the property and I am sure their took most of the premium rooms. I was able to get breakfast coupons after a short conversation.

3) Both rooms were very nicely appointed, both in the bedrooms and bathrooms. I do agree with an earlier post that the beds were a bit soft and also thought that the towels were surprisingly thin.

4) This hotel is in an amazing location, right on Michigan (well, at least after you go through the mall) and a fairly short walk to the Loop area. We took the "El" from Midway Airport and walked about 10-15 minutes to the hotel.

5) The staff were all very helpful and attentive.

6) Why do hotels put amazing TVs in your room if they are not going to provide a high def siganl in the room?

Overall, once we got settled we were very satisfied with our stay and would certainly return to this property when travelling for pleasure. Yes, I love the Palmer House and Drake but they can be so stuffy...
Old Dec 18, 2006, 9:38 am
Suspended

I too just returned from a two day stay at this property.
Not sure the hotel was fully booked since Hilton.com had rooms listed for $285as late early Fri morning and I was able to get two award nights using Q3FN certs.

Arrived at 1030 am and was able to get checked in immediately to a room on the 6TH floor similar to the previous poster. Not sure if upgraded, but since we were able to get changed I did bother to ask.

Asked about breakfast and was told "that was a benefit of Diamonds and Golds" my response " well?"
I guess it then occurred to her to check my data/status on line ( which tends to confirm my suspicion about the upgrade)
Two Continental breakfast certs sent up to the room later.

Property was fine, location very good.

Service mediocre: no turn down service, not even a couple of mints.
Had to complain about inattentive service in the bar ( which was pretty much empty about 300 PM Sat)

Request for 300pm checkout on Sunday was granted until 200pm only with a stern reminder that check-out is noon ( I wouldnt be asking for late checkout if hadnt known that would I???)

All in all I would stay here again primarily for the location or on points.
But does show that the US Conrads have a way to go to equal their European counterparts.

mike
Old Dec 18, 2006, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Good experience

I stayed three nights in August - one paid and two free night certs. Upgraded to a corner suite with sitting area, dining room table for 6 and separate bedroom/bath.

Bar/coat closet by door, etc.

Great service, modern decor, but no breakfast coupons, probaly because of the upgrade.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 9:34 pm

Programs: UAL 1K , HHonors Diamond
Conrad Chicago - Exec Lounge?

Has the Conrad in Chicago gotten around to setting up an Executive Lounge? If so, any recent experiences?

Last summer there wasn't one, so I received breakfast vouchers instead to a restaurant on the reception desk floor which has to be one of the slowest restaurants anywhere!
Old Mar 20, 2007, 10:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
Has the Conrad in Chicago gotten around to setting up an Executive Lounge? If so, any recent experiences?

Last summer there wasn't one, so I received breakfast vouchers instead to a restaurant on the reception desk floor which has to be one of the slowest restaurants anywhere!

No lounge!

In addition, I'm going to request that this be moved to the Conrad Chicago thread that is already in existence.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 3:55 pm

Programs: UAL 1K , HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

No lounge!

In addition, I'm going to request that this be moved to the Conrad Chicago thread that is already in existence.
Thanks for confirming that no lounge exists. I will inquire when I'm there as to why, unlike other Conrads that have such nice lounges like in Singapore.

Please merge with the Conrad thread.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
Thanks for confirming that no lounge exists. I will inquire when I'm there as to why, unlike other Conrads that have such nice lounges like in Singapore.

Please merge with the Conrad thread.
Most likey because this was built as a Le Meridien hotel and converted to a Conrad in late 2005 IIRC
Old Mar 22, 2007, 3:56 pm

Not all Conrad's have Executive lounges - just as not all Hyatt have Regency Clubs. The Conrads in Brisbane and Punta del este come to mind. I am fairly sure that there are others
Old Mar 22, 2007, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Would any one recomend it for our anniversary? We have done the drake already, and I will be in Chicago that week for work, out at the ES oakbrook. Wife is coming up to meet me. Thanks, for the suggestions.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
Not all Conrad's have Executive lounges - just as not all Hyatt have Regency Clubs. The Conrads in Brisbane and Punta del este come to mind. I am fairly sure that there are others
Doesnt appear the OP has stayed in a great number of Conrads

Of those I can think of right off hand the Miami, Brussels, London, Dublin, Mt Juliet Conrads all have no lounges.

mike
Old Mar 23, 2007, 5:08 am

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by troyintn
Would any one recomend it for our anniversary? We have done the drake already, and I will be in Chicago that week for work, out at the ES oakbrook. Wife is coming up to meet me. Thanks, for the suggestions.
NO! It is a very avg conrad at best!
Old Mar 23, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond
We had an excellent stay and they treated us exceptionally well during a family trip celebrating my father's 60th birthday. Apparently, YMMV.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.