Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Old Aug 31, 2019, 6:22 am

I'm headed to Bangkok December 27-29th. Will the renovated Conrad Bangkok at that time be better than the Millennium Hilton? I saw some older comments saying the millennium is better than the conrad, but I assume that was pre-renovation for conrad
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:33 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by alany611
I'm headed to Bangkok December 27-29th. Will the renovated Conrad Bangkok at that time be better than the Millennium Hilton? I saw some older comments saying the millennium is better than the conrad, but I assume that was pre-renovation for conrad

in my view the Conrad even during renovations is miles ahead of the Millennium.
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:31 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by alany611
Its not clear that the renovations at Conrad will be done by then per my comments upthread.

There are a myriad of opinions about the Conrad vs Hilton as you will find if doing a quick search. For my money its Hilton over the Conrad, YMMV, as usual.
craig44485 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Conrad Bangkok is our first choice when we are in Bangkok
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:38 am

I'm heading to BKK this winter. 2 nights in BKK on arrival and pre-departure with Chiang Mai and Samui in between. Currently have the 1st stay 2 nights at Conrad and last stay 2 nights at Millenium Hilton. These are points stays- i'm diamond. Is that the right way to do it or is one far superior to the other and dont even bother?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Chang11
Having a recent stay the temporary Executive Lounge used for the evening reception is warren of windowless dimly lit hallways and rooms. The food selection is an abbreviated version of the lounge offerings, the variety and selection is not there. The Conrad is really being cheap by not trying to jazz things up by perhaps offering Champagne during the construction lounge usage or some other food/beverage upgrade. I feel the current lounge is very poor compensation for people that made reservations expecting the ambience and selection of the old lounge. If the Executive Lounge ambience/selection is important to you, then I would not stay at the Conrad during this construction phase. There are plenty of similar hotels in Bangkok with better Executive Lounge experience.
It is true the temporary Executive Lounge on the 3rd floor consists of several interconnected rooms, with no windows, but I thought the rooms were spacious and offered more seats and small tables than the prior 29th floor Lounge. Also the tables were not as closely spaced together. Food selection when we visited was the same as prior visits. A red, white and sparkling wine are offered. We were on the 24th floor and were not bothered by any construction noise (although it is the weekend). Generally we were happy with our visit. .
Ripper3785 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
... We were on the 24th floor and were not bothered by any construction noise (although it is the weekend). Generally we were happy with our visit. .
I'm coming to the end of an extended stay here and, unlike some other weekends, the construction noise has been minimal this weekend. I'm assured by the management it is going to end entirely (after we leave!)
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:00 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by goduke7
I'm heading to BKK this winter. 2 nights in BKK on arrival and pre-departure with Chiang Mai and Samui in between. Currently have the 1st stay 2 nights at Conrad and last stay 2 nights at Millenium Hilton. These are points stays- i'm diamond. Is that the right way to do it or is one far superior to the other and dont even bother?
Stay at both. They are both good (really didn't like that temporary Conrad lounge though, although YMMV) but very different experiences ^
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:15 am

Maybe we were coming off unrealistic expectations after staying at the St. Regis Bangkok, but we were a bit underwhelmed at the Conrad. Upgraded to a Premium room as a Diamond. The differences seem to be nicer furnishings such as electric blinds and a Toto washlet. We really disliked the overall lighting situation as it was way too dim. Service was just okay on the whole. The temporary executive lounge was skippable. Breakfast quality was disappointing in comparison to the Hilton Garden Inn Singapore from a few days before. The free Singha water is nasty and I don't know why Hilton doesn't choose something less objectionable. Construction noise during our stay was unbearable while having breakfast in the restaurant.

Location is too far from the BTS as the shuttle isn't always convenient. Overall, I personally prefer the Hilton Sukhumvit near Phrom Phong by quite a bit.

But hey, at least we got a plush elephant with the hardhat?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:23 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Schweden
Maybe we were coming off unrealistic expectations after staying at the St. Regis Bangkok, but we were a bit underwhelmed at the Conrad. Upgraded to a Premium room as a Diamond. The differences seem to be nicer furnishings such as electric blinds and a Toto washlet. We really disliked the overall lighting situation as it was way too dim. Service was just okay on the whole. The temporary executive lounge was skippable. Breakfast quality was disappointing in comparison to the Hilton Garden Inn Singapore from a few days before. The free Singha water is nasty and I don't know why Hilton doesn't choose something less objectionable. Construction noise during our stay was unbearable while having breakfast in the restaurant.
The Conrad has almost 400 rooms and is nearly twice the size of the St Regis with 229 rooms. The Conrad is also being renovated now, as the StR is almost a decade old now in terms of hard product.

I think you’ll find that few if any Conrads can compete with most St Regis properties; the brands are not in the same league insofar as luxury soft product (service and F&B) is concerned, most often because most Conrads will be much larger properties with far more rooms and guests. St Regis has just higher standards for service and F&B and even total room count. Conrad is much closer to JW Marriott in brand standards (and GH for Hyatt)—and almost always much larger. A few exceptions might include the newer hard products at the Conrad Osaka, the newly renovated Conrad Bora Bora, and brand new Conrad Washington DC, but even their soft products don’t compete with the service or F&B or other luxury qualities of the competing St Regis properties.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bhrubin

The Conrad has almost 400 rooms and is nearly twice the size of the St Regis with 229 rooms. The Conrad is also being renovated now, as the StR is almost a decade old now in terms of hard product.

I think you’ll find that few if any Conrads can compete with most St Regis properties; the brands are not in the same league insofar as luxury soft product (service and F&B) is concerned, most often because most Conrads will be much larger properties with far more rooms and guests. St Regis has just higher standards for service and F&B and even total room count. Conrad is much closer to JW Marriott in brand standards (and GH for Hyatt)—and almost always much larger. A few exceptions might include the newer hard products at the Conrad Osaka, the newly renovated Conrad Bora Bora, and brand new Conrad Washington DC, but even their soft products don’t compete with the service or F&B or other luxury qualities of the competing St Regis properties.
The appropriate comparison is with Hilton's Waldorf Astoria brand, including now in BKK.
Kacee likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:06 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
The appropriate comparison is with Hilton's Waldorf Astoria brand, including now in BKK.
If you mean the appropriate comparison for the StR Bangkok is the WA Bangkok, I completely agree. And the PH, Oriental, Siam, Pen, Sokhothai, etc.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Accor, CX, BA
just returned from Conrad Bangkok for 4 nights.

booked Premium room and got Executive Twin at the last moment. (new room, they told me that all the rooms had been renovated)

did not have afternoon tea but the food selection during cocktail hour was fine. (no choice on drink. I got much better choices in BKK Oman Air Priority Pass Lounge)

although I expected a better poached egg, breakfast in executive lounge was better compare with the main restaurant.

poached egg served in executive lounge 3/F

2/F main restaurant - they finally did it right after I gave them few pieces of salmon
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:42 am

I hope I didn't make it seem like I was comparing the Conrad to the St. Regis. Compared to other stays on the trip, the HGI in Singapore had better breakfast and the JW in Kuala Lumpur was better overall except for the executive lounge food selection.

Even within Bangkok, the Conrad has objectively nicer furnishings but I personally prefer the Hilton Sukhumvit for the accessibility, lobby, atmosphere, and executive lounge. The Conrad wasn't a bad deal at all at under 4k THB a night but I don't think I'd choose it again with all the great hotels Bangkok has.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
[QUOTE=kcl0203;31509336]

poached egg served in executive lounge 3/F

/QUOTE]

The bread looks minging though.

Last edited by cargueiro; Oct 1, 2019 at 3:21 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.