Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Solid stay. Booked and got Terrace suite, got good rate in sale.
2824. This is best side to be on. Away from lounge so you dont get people looking down on you, and also sun all day + sunset.
Was given late check out, was offered 1800! Lounge for afternoon tea quiet, evening very busy. As always Americans telling whole lounge their complete business plans
breakfast this time in Cafe2, was very good and nice range of food, not too busy
Over all great stay and remains our favourite.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
I stayed there a couple weeks ago. Very nice - everything went so smoothly. I was looking forward to the stuffed elephant toy in my room. It wasn't there so breakfast time I asked somebody at the lounge about it. When I came back to my room after breakfast housekeeping had left me the cute stuffed elephant, and they also had done making up my room!

Lounge got very crowded during evening cocktail. I was given a tip by the attendant: to get a seat, show up a bit early (5.30 - right around the time evening cocktail starts). Sure enough, I secured my table both nights this way.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:10 am

Does anyone know what time the lounge evening cocktail hour ends? Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
It's 5.30-7.30 pm
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by FGunawan
It's 5.30-7.30 pm
thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: QF Platinum, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Raffles Ambassador
Just checked in, single night stay, booked cheapest room as a points + money award.

Former regular here (and was still recognised at check in) but haven't stayed in about 8-10 months.

No meaningful upgrade given, (just the 'upgrade to executive room' which essentially for a diamond just means a high floor) despite a dummy booking showing several higher cat rooms available, even the humble corner room.

Sigh... It's only a single night layover stay so I'm not going to say anything, but it's disappointing. In the past I got some really great upgrades here pretty much every time, and I just don't feel right about complaining / begging to get an upgrade, it shouldn't be the way the program works.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a decent enough hotel, but as somebody else has mentioned up thread, there definitely appears to have been a dramatic shift in their attitudes towards guests with status. I will probably continue to stay here on cheap award stays, but they won't see even a satang of mine on an a revenue stay.

Last edited by Matthew_22; Feb 4, 2017 at 5:55 am
Old Feb 5, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Agreed. I stay there every 1 or 2 months and get nothing at all now. Looking forward to the new Park Hyatt
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by oh_lol
Agreed. I stay there every 1 or 2 months and get nothing at all now.
Same here. During my last stay a few weeks ago, booked a corner room and for the first time, wasn't upgraded 1-2 days before arrival to an executive corner. Upon arrival, I was assigned a room on something like the 18th floor, not even an executive floor. I was told the hotel was at 98% occupancy and indeed, no corner executive or suites were bookable online. After expressing some polite frustration, was able to get a corner room on the 25th floor.

Can't say things are any better for upgrades at the Hilton Millennium, so booked a suite for my next stay there. At least the lounges are nice...
Old Feb 5, 2017, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I was told the hotel was at 98% occupancy and indeed, no corner executive or suites were bookable online.
Are they now selling to large tour groups from the mainland?

My last stay at Shangri-La BKK was awful for precisely this reason. They gave away my pre-reserved and assigned river view balcony room (which I had been booking twice a year for several years). And of course the breakfast buffet was a combat zone. I'll never stay there again.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by Kacee
Are they now selling to large tour groups from the mainland?

My last stay at Shangri-La BKK was awful for precisely this reason. And of course the breakfast buffet was a combat zone. I'll never stay there again.
Pretty racist sounding to me.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Chang11
Racist sounding it may be but unfortunately the truth is, it does have a pretty noticeable impact on the quality of one's stay. In my short 24 hours, I lost count of the number of times I was pushed in front of or out of the way by groups of Mandarin speaking guests, from waiting to be seated at breakfast to waiting for the lifts or the front desk, it was even attempted at the taxi queue on the way to the airport.

It could just be the time of the year, or more worryingly a sign of the changing times, but from somebody who has stayed at this hotel at least 40 times over the last 4 years, it is definitely a new development.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Not intended that way at all. I'd have basically the same reaction if they were selling blocks of hundreds of rooms to tour groups consisting of Americans who had never traveled outside the US before. It has a huge negative impact on the guest experience at a supposed 5* property. And I can assure you, that would also turn the breakfast buffet into a combat zone
Old Feb 5, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
It's not. It's what's happening at the Hilton Sukhumvit with the tour groups as well.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
It is the Chinese New Year holidays. Expect hordes of tourists though bad behavior is not necessarily indicative of the origin of the tourists. I had some firm words with some kids from Korea who thought it was fun to jump into the pool in front of me while I was reading my papers. And yes the water temperature was as icy as the mood we were in that day.

Lucked out on the Terrace Suite as well from a deluxe corner room booking.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Can't say things are any better for upgrades at the Hilton Millennium, so booked a suite for my next stay there. At least the lounges are nice...
Out of curiosity, how would you compare the two hotels? I have always been interested in staying at the Millennium as it could be nice to stay at a different end of town for a change and like the sound of a river view, but have always just resorted to the Conrad out of habit and brand loyalty. However after my most recent stay I've finally come to the conclusion there isn't anything left there worth being loyal too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.