Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mking
We've had 4 stays/8 nights a year here for the last 5 years and have always been treated well, something has definitely changed.
If so, a dubious strategy given the increased competition coming online, e.g. Park Hyatt and Marriott Marquis.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Chang11
Corner Room is a very good upgrade, I would be extremely happy with that upgrade if I booked a basic room.
"Extremely happy" is not one of the things that come to mind for a one-category upgrade.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by stargold
"Extremely happy" is not one of the things that come to mind for a one-category upgrade.
I've just checked and it looks like I paid for a corner room, and got an "Executive Corner Room"; which isn't really an upgrade at all when I'm Diamond and get lounge access regardless.

I stayed at the Millennium Hilton for a night on this trip as well, and although it's an older property the recognition and service was better.

I'll be trying the Sofitel next time.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
CheapCharlie/golddigger is someone expecting the world for nothing that comes to my mind, after being upgraded from a bottom feeder basic room rate to a large corner room which includes a walk in closet, entry hall and huge shower and tub bathroom (that is a significant upgrade, referring to only to stargolds post here). The op was only gold too, but happy with the upgrade.

Gold is hardly a Hilton Honnors road warrior (12 nites a year = gold or the proper credit card).

Last edited by Chang11; Jan 15, 2017 at 7:14 am
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I stayed here in June 2016. I booked a corner room on the executive floor. I didn't get an upgrade, but I didn't care because I booked exactly the room I wanted. I asked for a late check out and received it. I was treated like royalty in the executive lounge. I enjoyed breakfast in the EL. I went to a couple evening receptions, but really didn't care to eat dinner in an EL when you have all of Bangkok just out the door. I did not know it was attached to a mall until towards the end of my stay. Since I had never stayed there before, I had no frame of reference as to whether the experience has improved or deteriorated. I did enjoy a mojito by the pool every afternoon. On my next trip, I might try the Hilton on the river, just for comparison.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I've just checked and it looks like I paid for a corner room, and got an "Executive Corner Room"; which isn't really an upgrade at all when I'm Diamond and get lounge access regardless.
This is consistent with my experience as a Diamond my last 5 stays. A lot of folks book the suites or NOR1 upgrade, leaving few (and sometimes none during high season) suites for Diamonds. The corner rooms are great though.

...to a large corner room which includes a walk in closet, entry hall and huge shower and tub bathroom (that is a significant upgrade, referring to only to stargolds post here). The op was only gold too, but happy with the upgrade.
Indeed, an upgrade to a corner room is generous for a Gold (didn't happen to me ever as a Gold). I only book corner rooms now, they're easily worth the small extra cost.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:53 am

CheapCharlie/golddigger is someone expecting the world for nothing that comes to my mind, after being upgraded from a bottom feeder basic room rate to a large corner room which includes a walk in closet, entry hall and huge shower and tub bathroom (that is a significant upgrade, referring to only to stargolds post here). The op was only gold too, but happy with the upgrade.
You're clearly a fan. I stayed and thought it was okay, but nothing to write home about. The hotel on the whole is a step below its competitors IMO, and the pricing usually reflects that.

And "bottom feeder" basic room rate? Are you new to the hotel status game or something?
Gold is hardly a Hilton Honnors road warrior (12 nites a year = gold or the proper credit card).
You do realise that Wozza2404, like many others who receive no more than the corner room 1-category upgrade, is a Diamond, right?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Corner Room is a very good upgrade, I would be extremely happy with that upgrade if I booked a basic room.
I have been very happy with the upgrade to a corner room (with EL access) I usually receive as HHD, booking a basic King room. I like the windows in the bathroom! I note weekend King Bed rooms in February are usually 3500++ THB = 4119 THB total.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
And "bottom feeder" basic room rate? Are you new to the hotel status game or something?
Seriously.

For me, the #1 reason to have status is room upgrades.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
My thoughts from staying at both the Millenium Hilton and the Conrad this weekend are that neither hotel will see my business for a while.

The Millenium is a nice property, and the Diamond recognition was good. The lounge was also excellent, but the location just isn't right for me.

Conrad is perfectly located but they've gone from being one the best Hilton properties in the world when it comes to recognising loyalty, to having almost no recognition at all within a year. And the overcrowding of the lounge is painful at times.

Plenty of other 5* hotels in that area to try.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
My thoughts from staying at both the Millenium Hilton and the Conrad this weekend are that neither hotel will see my business for a while.

The Millenium is a nice property, and the Diamond recognition was good. The lounge was also excellent, but the location just isn't right for me.

I agree, with the comments on the Millenium. The rooms are ok and the views are great. I also love the lounge on an evening. But its just a pain having to get the boat over to BTS. The pool was also freezing cold last weekend.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
I agree, with the comments on the Millenium. The rooms are ok and the views are great. I also love the lounge on an evening. But its just a pain having to get the boat over to BTS. The pool was also freezing cold last weekend.
Conrad pool was beyond cold this weekend as well. I'm still trying to coax my testicles down from behind my nipples after foolishly jumping in without first dipping a toe.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:47 am

Does anyone have a photo of the laundry costs? Or know if there are nearby laundromats or laundry services? Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falcon Flyer Gold, Hilton Diamon, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Does anyone have a photo of the laundry costs? Or know if there are nearby laundromats or laundry services? Thanks.
There is a laundry in the connecting mall - first floor opposite Tops supermarket. Its a better option than the hotel laundry if you are there for a while and have a lot to do.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Gold39
There is a laundry in the connecting mall - first floor opposite Tops supermarket. Its a better option than the hotel laundry if you are there for a while and have a lot to do.
Thank you!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.