Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Alpharetta {US-GA}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Alpharetta {US-GA}

Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, *wood Gold, Marriott gold, Hilton something
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Alpharetta {US-GA}

So I was staying in the DoubleTree in Alpharetta GA (about 30 mins North of Atlanta).... I stay there a lot, usually quite like it.
This time my room was a little less than wonderful. There were stains in the carpet and the drapes were actually dirty... I can live with "a little worn"... what really got me was the roaches. Around the sink/bathroom area I spotted at least two if not more roaches.

I reported it to the front desk who responded "are you sure, they were just cleaned"
To which I replied "well, I moved a bunch of the furniture looking for more of them and it looked like the room hadn't been vacuumed in months...and whats with the 100% humidity on the first floor?"

desk clerk "well...would you like another room?"
me: "that would be nice, something a on the 2nd or third floor please"
desk clerk "no problem..."
me: "I'm already late so can I move tonight when I get back?
desk clerk "no problem"

that night the new clerk gave me the room next door to Roach room, when I asked about a higher floor she said "I dont see a note about that in here".
It wasn't a question, it was just kinda 'thats not my problem'.

When I checked out, they forgot to consolidate the bills, so I went back to the desk to get the rest of the bill. They decided to remove one of the nights. I told them that only helped my (fortune 10) company who I'm sure could have afforded it, I asked if they could maybe give me a certificate or points or something. They could not.

I'm not really that grossed out about the roaches but the customer service just wasnt spot on either. I would think something like roaches would warrant at least an apology or acknowledgment from the manager, but every time I talked to them it was almost like they didn't believe me or didn't care....then they twice stuck a note under my door saying that guests would be contacted for a server and that they needed to get all 9's or 10's
Old Jul 19, 2007, 5:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Is that the Windward or Holcomb Bridge location?

I always thought the Windward location was well maintained, if it's this property it's a shame, because it's the one I always recommend to people when they're up that way.

I would contact the HHonors desk and report the incident, and be sure to let them know that it was you that was inconvenienced, not your company, and that since there's a Marriott, a Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, Staybridge Inn, HI Express and LaQuinta all within 5 miles of that property that you expect points towards your account or you will be sure to stay elsewhere your next trip to Alpharetta.

Last edited by rnovak; Jul 19, 2007 at 5:50 pm
Old Jul 19, 2007, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold
The Garden Inn off of Haynes Bridge Road is pretty nice. I know you don't get the cookie but might want to consider it as an alternative. Quite clean as far as I can tell.

Last edited by yorock; Jul 19, 2007 at 9:05 pm Reason: to delete a redundant point
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rnovak
Is that the Windward or Holcomb Bridge location?

I always thought the Windward location was well maintained, if it's this property it's a shame, because it's the one I always recommend to people when they're up that way.
It was Windward...which is a shame b/c I loved that place and always recommended it to our people...even hosted a 3 day meeting there recently.

I'm going to send a note to the HH desk today...
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:00 am
Original Poster

If there is a hotel in a 10 mile radius of Windward parkway, then I've stayed there
The DT was my current fave but I think I'll go back to the full service marriott.

If 400 traffic didn't suck so badly I'd still be at the Westin or W down at the perimeter...those were the days
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:21 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, Hilton Diamond, ICH Platinum
Too bad about the DT. A couple exits down are a couple of better Hilton choices. Someone else mentioned the HGI, very good. Personally I like the Homewood Suites right at Mansell and 400. Great rooms, nice happy hour with food and in walking distance to Papadeaux and Atlanta Ale House. Too great establishments. With the construction complete on 400 commute to Windward should be minimal.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 9:18 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Funny I'm in that property right now for three nights (Doubletree Windward) and having no issues at all. I was impressed with the people, breakfast was way better then most, etc. I'm up on 4, and the room is very nice.

Though of course if I had any "visitors" roaming around looking for crumbs, that would totally change my view of the place.

It's overrun with kids for some little league tournament or something, but that's only an issue in the morning when they all leave at once.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.