Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Lifetime Status: Does This Exist? Could It Ever Be Possible?

Old Nov 3, 1999, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Location: Earlham Iowa Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Does anyone know if Hilton has some kind of lifetime status for members who have earned a million points or been Diamond for x number years. Something like the airlines do?
Old Nov 3, 1999, 7:24 pm
Original Member

I think they only charge the lifetime members a nickel a minute for "toll-free" calls instead of the dime they charge they rest of us.
Old Nov 4, 1999, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Location: Earlham Iowa Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Wow, now there's an incentive. I'll stick with Marriott.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Lifetime Gold?

Now that I've achieved Platinum for Life on AA, I'm directing my future efforts towards obtaining some kind of lifetime elite status with a Frequent Guest Program. Is there such a thing with Hilton?
Old Jul 12, 2002, 1:50 am

Unfortunately, there is no such status with Hilton or any other hotel program that I am aware of. I agree that this would be an excellent perk and a good goal to strive for.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 6:56 am

Marriott has lifetime gold and plat. It was discussed here on FT a few months ago. Search the Marriott threads for "lifetime."
Old Jul 12, 2002, 7:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bp888:
Now that I've achieved Platinum for Life on AA, I'm directing my future efforts towards obtaining some kind of lifetime elite status with a Frequent Guest Program. Is there such a thing with Hilton?</font>
What if I told you that you already have one.

If you are a AA PLT or EXP, HH and SPG would extend you a mid tier status every year. If you are a Lifetime PLT i.e. 2MM, all you need to do is call up HH and SPG each year and give them the promo code.

Old Jul 12, 2002, 10:45 am

A lifetime Hilton Gold would be nice. However, I am not sure that getting comped to Gold annually would work. I remember being told by Customer Service that they could do a "one time upgrade to Gold" as a courtesy.

You can get Starwood Gold for Life by purchasing one of their timeshares.

Old Jul 12, 2002, 11:07 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NickyD:
A lifetime Hilton Gold would be nice. However, I am not sure that getting comped to Gold annually would work. I remember being told by Customer Service that they could do a "one time upgrade to Gold" as a courtesy.

You can get Starwood Gold for Life by purchasing one of their timeshares.

</font>
And Hilton comps you Silver for their timeshare owners.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 11:08 am

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NickyD:
You can get Starwood Gold for Life by purchasing one of their timeshares.</font>
You can get lifetime Hilton status the same way.
Old Jul 12, 2002, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
OK, looks like I'm getting conflicting answers. As an AA Platinum, I know that I can be comped to HH Gold. Is this a one-time comp or can I renew my HH Gold status every year that I am Platinum? Same question also on SPG Gold status. Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2002, 3:10 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
"If you are a AA PLT or EXP, HH and SPG would extend you a mid tier status every year. If you are a Lifetime PLT i.e. 2MM, all you need to do is call up HH and SPG each year and give them the promo code."

Am interested to hear the answer as well - unfortunately i'm nowhere near being an AA Platinum but my friend is and he'd be very interested to know.

And what are the promo codes?

Thanks in advance for replying.

[This message has been edited by sk3 (edited 07-17-2002).]
Old Jul 17, 2002, 4:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
It sounds like Hyatt is getting ready to launch a lifetime Diamond program.
Old Nov 21, 2002, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Hilton Hhonors Lifetime Status

Hello,

I was wondering, is there any sort of 'lifetime' elite level with Hilton?

Mariott offers lifetime elite status, as does American Airlines.

Just curious.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Nov 21, 2002, 8:25 am

A HGVC membership gives you lifetime status with HH.

Thats the only one I know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.