Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How Long Does It Usually Take for Hilton Honors Points and Stays to Post?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2000, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

I stayed at the Flamingo Hilton a month ago but the points haven't posted to my HHonors account. I know they had my # at checkin. Does anyone know how long it takes for points to post?
Old Sep 8, 2000, 7:54 pm

My experience is that if all is well, they post in a few days. I would contact HHonors at this point to follow up.

Bob
Old Nov 19, 2000, 11:14 pm

How long before the HHonors point post?

New to HHonors, how should it take for points to post to an account? Are points added each night or once you have checked out. I checked out on Nov., 17.

Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2000, 12:37 am

It can vary on how long it takes for points to post. I would say the average for me has been about 1 week. It can take longer if it is an international Hilton.

While this isn't too bad, Starwood has consistently posted my points within 2 days of checking out.

If you don't see your points within 2 weeks, I would start calling HHonors. Also, make sure to keep copies of your bills as proof of your stay.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 20, 2000, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
US Hilton properties take about 3-7 days to post although 4 days is the norm after you have checkedout.

International properties can take anywhere from a week to 3 months (like the Conrad in London).
Old Nov 20, 2000, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
In my experience, some can be quite fast. Within 1 week for a stay at the Hilton Berlin. Within 2 days for a Hampton Inn stay. Sometimes they don;t post so you'll have to chase it up with HHonors service centre.
Old Nov 21, 2000, 3:00 pm

It depends on the hotel. I stayed in Miami (hilton) on 11/17/00-posted 11/18/00, in Key West (Hampton) on 11/18/00-posted on 11/19/00 and again in Miami (Embassy)on 11/19/00 but no Embassy miles posted yet. I like the Embassy but always-always-always have a problem with the points/miles being posted. Just keep checking you HHonors account. BUT don't wait, get on the phone and get an answer.
Old Nov 21, 2000, 3:44 pm
In Memoriam

Don't get me started. I am still trying to get two early September stays to post. I've mailed, I've e-mailed, I've called--I've been ignored!!
Old Nov 23, 2000, 3:41 pm

The winner was a week. I checked this morning and the points have been posted. Now I will see if this weeks' points will post as quickly. ;-)

Thanks for the replies.
Old Dec 18, 2000, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
How Long For An International Posting??

I checked out of the London Hilton one month ago this week but nothing has shown yet in my account; do "foreign" postings take longer than domestic?? As this will be my first double dipping AND we're gold, quite anxious for this to appear!!
Old Dec 19, 2000, 9:15 am
In Memoriam

Hopefully this isn't typical. I had two UK stays in early September. I waited two months and wrote HH and sent in my folios. Nothing. Several weeks later I e-mailed them. Nothing. Last week I called and had to spend 40 minutes on the phone and finally got the points posted. In total, I invested over an hour of my time and my time is more valuable than that. Is there worse customer service than to just ignore your customers?
Old Dec 19, 2000, 9:44 am

I travel to Latin America often, and it can take a month as compared to days for domestic Hilton stays. I was told by a HHonors rep this is for two reasons:

1) All foreign Hilton's are on a different system which adds some tim
2) Some foreign hotels wait to be paid by the credit card company before sending in the miles credit

Originally posted by delacpa:
I checked out of the London Hilton one month ago this week but nothing has shown yet in my account; do "foreign" postings take longer than domestic?? As this will be my first double dipping AND we're gold, quite anxious for this to appear!!
Old Dec 19, 2000, 9:51 am
dnw

Hmmm. I am registered for HHonors in the UK and stayed in the Paris Hilton on the 2nd Nov. Last week (6 weeks later) the stay had still not materialised so I faxed the receipt from the hotel into the UK service centre and they put it on the next day.

It seems that for stays outside the US, the process is more manual than automatic...
Old Dec 19, 2000, 12:04 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I checked out of the Kensington Hilton (London) on Dec 5. I don't know when the points posted, but they are there today.
Old Dec 23, 2000, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
I have not yet gotten my points from my London Kensington stay Oct 31st. I was told it took a long time, but if you got yours from a December 5th stay, it's time to call. Thanks

------------------
DtG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.