Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How Long Does It Usually Take for Hilton Honors Points and Stays to Post?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Long Does It Usually Take for Hilton Honors Points and Stays to Post?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2001, 3:14 pm
In Memoriam

Originally posted by abdawson1:
and yet, when you claim an award, the miles/points/kilometres have been deducted from your account before you've even hung up the phone!
Truer words were never spoken!!
Old Mar 28, 2001, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
I had a stay at the St. Louis Airport Hilton 5 weeks ago and sent the paperwork for it 2and1/2 weeks ago and it still has not posted. I have another at the same hotel 3 weeks ago and still nothing. And I hve another at Las Vegas Hilton a couple of days ago. I wonder how long that will take. The folios all had my HHonors on it. I also wonder why it is that I've been able to make thousands of credit card transactions in all parts of the word for 3 decades and not one has failed to post. Do they think their best customers have nothing better than to keep track of which stays have posted.
Old Apr 7, 2001, 1:57 pm

How long does it take to have a stay credited to your account?

I purchased through Priceline a stay at the Doubletree in Seattle. We stayed the night (3/29). I gave the person checking us in my frequent flier account. We also charged a meal on my Hilton cc. I know that stays purchased through PL aren't supposed to count. Has anyone gotten their PL stays to count for points? If so, how long did it take to post?
Old Jul 3, 2001, 5:43 am

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
How long for stays to post

Stayed at Hilton Petaling Jaya(KL) and Sydney over two weeks ago and no sign of points. Is there a time period when I should call? US stays always post within days.

------------------
JBC
If it is to be, it is up to me
Old Jul 3, 2001, 8:46 am
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
No they don't. I waited the required three weeks before (yesterday) submitting a "missing stay" request for a U.S. Hilton-brand property ... and they claim it may take as long as 3-4 more weeks to "investigate" it.

So far this year: two different U.S. Hiltons have prompted complaints to HHonors. No problems with DoubleTree (unlike last year) or Hampton Inn.
Old Jul 3, 2001, 9:28 pm

I had a missing stay and called after 3 weeks. The CSR said they usually start to worry after 3-4 weeks, but instead of waiting an extra week, he said I could head it off by faxing a copy of my folio to:

Hilton Honors
972-490-6818
Attn: Document Services
Include account number

I faxed it out and haven't seen anything yet. If I don't see the activity by end of this week, I'll follow up. (This makes 5 1/2 weeks). I have never had a problem before.

Joe.
Old Jul 3, 2001, 9:50 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Why fax and worry - I called and was given credit over the phone by friendly agent?

Points posted to account (verified via hhonors website) within 2 minutes of end of phone call.
Old Jul 4, 2001, 11:56 am

If my stay hasn't posted after 3 weeks, I always head off the "fax it in response from the CSR" by stating to the CSR that I "faxed it in the day after my stay" and don't want to fax it in again.

They have always posted the stay over the phone.
Old Jul 4, 2001, 12:25 pm

It's been my experience that they post within 2 or 3 working days in the States.

If it hasn't posted within 3 weeks then it's NOT going to.
Old Jul 4, 2001, 1:29 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
Why fax and worry - I called and was given credit over the phone by friendly agent?

Points posted to account (verified via hhonors website) within 2 minutes of end of phone call.
</font>
Because it totally depends on who the agent is and how much work they want ot do when they answer the telephone. I have had people credit it on the telephone call, and I also have had people who as soon as they hear the word missing stop me and ask I just fax it in and wait another four to six weeks, as they are quite busy. I would assume it would be easier for them just to take care of it over the telephone, but guess not all the time. You reach a point where it's just easier for me to fax it in then keep dialing and wait and wait, and hope the agent who picks up the call is willing to do it over the telephone or not.

There isn't any standard of service with Hilton, sometimes you get lucky and it's taken care of right then and there, other times you are just brushed off to either the form online or to fax in the details to them.

Old Jul 4, 2001, 2:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by cordelli:
I would assume it would be easier for them just to take care of it over the telephone, but guess not all the time. You reach a point where it's just easier for me to fax it in then keep dialing and wait and wait, and hope the agent who picks up the call is willing to do it over the telephone or not.
</font>
FWIW, my experience was that submitting the request for missing credit online worked faster than faxing it (proper credit posted in about a week or so). One thing to watch for is the payment method, as sometimes they post it as cash, which of course would rob you of double-double bonus.
Old Jul 22, 2001, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I had a stay at a Hampton in Texas on June 23 and am still waiting for the points to post to my AAdvantage account. Hilton SC said they send postings to the airlines once or twice a month. The points posted to my HH account within a few days.
Old Jul 22, 2001, 2:24 pm

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
I'm facing the same problem. In fact, I'm still waiting for Hilton HHonors to post the 500 miles to my WorldPerks account for my stay at Hilton Garden Inn on June 17. Like you said, my Hilton points posted within a week or two, at most.
We shall see....
Old Jul 22, 2001, 2:29 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
My Hilton points post from 2 days - 2 weeks. The miles hit my DL account twice per month resulting in an average 3 weeks after the stay(s).
Old Jul 28, 2001, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Just to report back...the miles to my AA account finally posted a month and a day after my stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.