ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Tokyo

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 2, 2020 at 2:00 am
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
In that case I would take a taxi to Shinjuku and get on the NEX. They do assign seats, so even if somewhat crowded, you'd have a place to sit and the luggage is stowed right by the doors. Worth a $100 in savings (and pretty much guaranteed arrival time), I'd think
Ah, I see. Somehow I´ve always assumed that NEX originates from Tokyo station since that´ve been my go to in the past. Good info, tnx.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
Ah, I see. Somehow I´ve always assumed that NEX originates from Tokyo station since that´ve been my go to in the past. Good info, tnx.
All N'EX go via Tokyo Station. Some carriages/services don't do it to/from/via Shinjuku.

JR-EAST Train Reservation

This is more of an issue from Narita if wanting Shinjuku ...
Insomnia4u likes this.

Last edited by serfty; Jan 2, 2018 at 3:29 am
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:51 am

Does the Hilton have a shuttle to the Shinjuku train station?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
Yes. Fairly convenient if you time it right,
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Yes, but late afternoon from Shinjuku station and early evening from Hilton Tokyo seems to be high demand for this bus service and I have seen seats on bus totally occupied and some people left for next bus to pick them up.

Because of this when I have luggage and traveling to/from airport I always used Limousine Bus to/from Hilton Tokyo. Walking between Hilton Tokyo and Shinjuku station without luggage is no problem for me, but with luggage I will not want to walk between Hilton Tokyo and Shinjuku station.

Bus runs every 20 min. starting at 8:12 a.m. and end at 9:40 p.m.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:42 am

Thank you for your advice. I will be taking the limousine bus from the airport to the Hilton. After my stay, I need to get to the train station to get a train to Yokohama then taxi to the cruise port.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:52 pm

Hey! New FT member here.

I'm flying to Japan in September and planning to book with points at the Tokyo Hilton. I was reviewing available rooms yesterday and noticed that there is now a Premium Room option priced between Deluxe and Executive. Is this new? I've been checking regularly for months and never saw it before yesterday. There's no thumbnail pic of the room, but it's advertised as fully renovated, 40" TV, etc. The Hilton Shinjuku website says they have a work desk, sofa, and two windows, but again, no pictures.

Has anyone stayed in a Premium Room? Has there been recent renovation that would explain them popping up? Or were they there all along?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by AlsoNamedBort
Hey! New FT member here.

I'm flying to Japan in September and planning to book with points at the Tokyo Hilton. I was reviewing available rooms yesterday and noticed that there is now a Premium Room option priced between Deluxe and Executive. Is this new? I've been checking regularly for months and never saw it before yesterday. There's no thumbnail pic of the room, but it's advertised as fully renovated, 40" TV, etc. The Hilton Shinjuku website says they have a work desk, sofa, and two windows, but again, no pictures.

Has anyone stayed in a Premium Room? Has there been recent renovation that would explain them popping up? Or were they there all along?
Update: I emailed the hotel and they say Premium Rooms are essentially Standard Rooms with full renovation and separate tub & shower. Not sure how they compare to Deluxe, but they cost slightly more.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by AlsoNamedBort
Update: I emailed the hotel and they say Premium Rooms are essentially Standard Rooms with full renovation and separate tub & shower. Not sure how they compare to Deluxe, but they cost slightly more.
Thanks for the info and welcome to FT! Great handle btw
AlsoNamedBort likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:40 pm

Nishi-Shinjuku Station is super close to the Hilton, they have a walk way under the hotel to get to it. From there its one stop over on the M-Line to Shinjuku station, under 2 minutes. We did that instead of dealing with the hotel shuttle.
Insomnia4u likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:56 pm

Kids / Rollaway bed

Last time I stayed here, one or both of my kids were not yet in elementary school. I seem to recall that the four of us (me, wife, kids) fit fine.

Now that our kids are a little bit bigger, we will need a king + rollaway (king bed can fit 3 of us). Twin won't cut it, since each bed is only 110cm wide. I now see a msg on Hilton App that only kids under 6 stay free. Doesn't necessarily say that a 7yo child counts the same as adult, though. So it's a bit confusing. I am Diamond.

Question is, do you think the hotel will provide complimentary rollaway for a Diamond? Also, can someone clarify the hotel's policy for smaller kids who're still >6yo, or share any related experiences? If possible, I'd like to just book a king room for 2 adults, get a rollaway (hopefully complimentary) and be done with it. Contacting the hotel directly will often backfire, as I've found out.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:12 pm

Hi,

I booked this hotel for five nights in November using 240,000 points. I was offered a paid upgrade from a king junior executive suite to a king executive tower suite for 11000JPY + taxes a night. Does anyone think it is worth it?

Thank you
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:47 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by jsmith3049
Hi,

I booked this hotel for five nights in November using 240,000 points. I was offered a paid upgrade from a king junior executive suite to a king executive tower suite for 11000JPY + taxes a night. Does anyone think it is worth it?

Thank you
I love the junior suite. You can roll the dice as a diamond and possibly get the upgrade for free. $100USD per night is worth it if you cherish a big space and can part with the $500.
kirkwoodj and puchong like this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jsmith3049
Hi,

Thank you
You were able to book 5 nights confirmed in a king junior executive suite for 240,000 points... wow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.