Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Rates for Toyko Hilton about same as Hilton Tokyo Bay - as a Diamond which seems to be more generous?
tokyo hilton. the bay doesnt have a lounge and is too far from anything except disney land/sea

I took the Limousine Bus years back and my over-riding memory was that they set the temperature up super hot and it really was near unbearable - for me anyway given it is a ~90 min ride. Any comments as to whether that is toned down a bit these days?
depends on "years back", but the aircon works now and its well set!
Old May 23, 2016, 10:20 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Could it possibly be due to the fact that you're based from "HEL"?
HAH! No, I much prefer cool to heat. 19C trumps 31C every day.
Old May 25, 2016, 6:01 am

One more question for those who've been there recently:

Breakfast for gold members:

Way upthread, someone mentioned buffet vouchers. My recent experience at Conrad were just to provide my name and room number, and that's it. Is that pretty much the process at this hotel too, or do I need to ask for breakfast vouchers when we check in?
Old May 25, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer

Way upthread, someone mentioned buffet vouchers. My recent experience at Conrad were just to provide my name and room number, and that's it. Is that pretty much the process at this hotel too, or do I need to ask for breakfast vouchers when we check in?
It depends on where they send you for breakfast. If you get access to the exec lounge breakfast, all they ask is for room number and name. Marble lounge was pretty strict with the vouchers. I forgot mine one morning and the attendant sort of had a fit. They did end up accepting my room number and name though. The second floor restaurant, from my recollection, is like the exec lounge but I'd bring my voucher just in case.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:12 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer

Bring the card that holds your room key. They stamp it when you check in. The Japanese are very into paperwork
Old May 30, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
We're arriving at HND at 4:45am on JL 1. Any issues with dropping off our luggage at the bell desk in the morning until check in that afternoon?
Old May 30, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rustykettel
We're arriving at HND at 4:45am on JL 1. Any issues with dropping off our luggage at the bell desk in the morning until check in that afternoon?
Shouldn't be as it is a full service hotel..
Old May 31, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Shouldn't be as it is a full service hotel..
Thanks! I would assume not too, but just like to have my ducks in a row before showing up.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gradfly

It depends on where they send you for breakfast. If you get access to the exec lounge breakfast, all they ask is for room number and name. Marble lounge was pretty strict with the vouchers.

I forgot mine one morning and the attendant sort of had a fit. They did end up accepting my room number and name though. The second floor restaurant, from my recollection, is like the exec lounge but I'd bring my voucher just in case.
There next week as a Diamond.

Which location seems to offer the best breakfast choice?
Old May 31, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
There next week as a Diamond.

Which location seems to offer the best breakfast choice?
If you're looking for selection of items, I'd say Marble Lounge. The Exec lounge has a smaller spread but is quieter, if you get there early, like before 8am. The second floor is a good medium. Spread is bigger than the exec lounge but quieter and more private than the Marble Lounge. If you're a fan of the omelette station, then head to the Marble Lounge or second floor. Exec lounge has an orange press that makes fresh orange juice, which is neat to see in action.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I'm just finishing my stay at Hilton Tokyo. Checking out in half an hour :-)

I booked King Exec Junior Suite and that's what I got. During online checkin had a choice of room on high floors facing Park or lower floor facing city. I asked about it in the hotel and they couldn't find any other room and didn't upgrade me so took 31st floor park view.

Room was nice, but bathroom very small and I suspect any tall person above 1.80cm would have a problem taking shower as floor is raised and ceiling is low.

I had breakfast at 2nd floor, it was rather quiet around 9.00am and good food spread. Visited lounge on one evening during cocktail hour. I was told there's special lounge for Golds and was given entry card and showed into it. I had the same hot food, more sweet stuff, poorer choice of everything else. Suite style room, quiet and nice looking with jazz music playing. Didn't have time to go back to standard lounge but it would be my first choice next time, wouldn't bother with special one for Golds and Diamonds.

In general, service was very good, everyone very polite and nice, as expected in Japan. I recommend checking Hilton Shuttle Bus timetable when travelling with luggage to avoid walking from the station. Area near Shinjuku is very lively and colourful in the evening.

Now time to test airport limousine to Haneda.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
72 hr flash sale

Just browsing through reservations here, and noticed a 72 hr flash sale (not sure when it started/ends).

The rates are extremely good (eg. 16k yen incl taxes per night). Booking for stays until around end of September it seems.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Had a stay at Tokyo Hilton last month and wished the sale rates were on then!

Lovely place, got upgraded to a Suite and arrived too late to check lounge.

Chose 2nd floor breakfast and that is QUITE a place with white hatted chefs doing omelettes and stuff, and a clear walled room hanging with entire carcasses of Angus Beef aging etc.

Top marks for a short stay. Had flown in from USA where all my Hilton stays were totally underwhelming - Diamond seems to mean nothing much in the USA these days.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Diamond seems to mean nothing much in the USA these days.
Too right. Looking forward to Asia trips coming up!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by OriginalName
Just browsing through reservations here, and noticed a 72 hr flash sale (not sure when it started/ends).

The rates are extremely good (eg. 16k yen incl taxes per night). Booking for stays until around end of September it seems.
Just checked again and cant find the same rates again. Either the sale has ended or the rate plan was loaded by mistake.

Perhaps theres a broader Japan Hilton flash sale in the pipeline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.