Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Old Nov 15, 2023, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat
Completed a 3 night stay. Diamond booked base room upgraded to executive. This was great because the elevators are so slow during rush hour and are packed by the time it reaches the mid floors. Great stay with a nice room and great buffet breakfast.
HawaiiO and pmarrsouth like this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 9:27 pm

Programs: I wish :'(
How is this hotel as a Diamond? Debating between here or Mesm (Marriott) as a Gold, both around 45000JPY/night after taxes and fees with a corporate discount. The rooms here look a bit worse, but Diamond upgrades in shoulder season (November) and breakfast is tempting...
Old Dec 19, 2023, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Assuming you don't care about the location. the Hilton is a very good hotel ( lobby and marble lounge on the ground floor can give the appearance of an active atmosphere ( rooms are quiet though)
I was there last November and upgrades were limited ( 5 night stay just after Japan reopened after covid)
Breakfast in the Marble lounge and the executive lounge was very good.
Did like the gym and pool
Liked the location

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
We are staying for 7 nights next month and was wondering if Gold Members get free access to the Executive Lounge?
Old Feb 12, 2024, 2:22 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by uclasfo
We are staying for 7 nights next month and was wondering if Gold Members get free access to the Executive Lounge?
As per Honors long standing t's & c's Gold level does not provide access to Executive Lounges unless upgraded to an executive room.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 9:06 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by uclasfo
Diamond only.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:50 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K , Marriot Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Stayed November 2019, August 2022, March 2023, October 2023, and February 2024.

The hotel has changed a lot, in 2019 the jazz bar you could smoke and they served cigars, now they force you to smoke basically off site.

Its a decent hotel but your money goes much further as a diamond member.
My visit during covid 2022 I was a gold tier, the hotel was nearly empty, and i still had to pay to upgrade to an executive class room to get executive lounge access.
March 2023 it was starting to pickup, I was gold and again no upgrades offered. By October 2023 I was Diamond so I got an automatic executive lounge access and for $20 extra a night I got a Jr. suite.
February 2024 I put in for $60 extra per night to get the same Jr. Suite and I did not get it. They also forgot to inform me that I got a 20% discount for food and 10% at the bar during check-in

Honestly I love the location more than anything about this hotel.
Sure I could stay at the Hyatt next door but that hotel is in need of serious updating. The Keio Hotel is also nice but the same problem.
The Park Hyatt is the only other option but that place is too rich for my money. And Marriott/Conrad is all the way across town.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:28 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by EpsilonZer0
Stayed November 2019, August 2022, March 2023, October 2023, and February 2024.

The hotel has changed a lot, in 2019 the jazz bar you could smoke and they served cigars, now they force you to smoke basically off site.

Its a decent hotel but your money goes much further as a diamond member.
My visit during covid 2022 I was a gold tier, the hotel was nearly empty, and i still had to pay to upgrade to an executive class room to get executive lounge access.
March 2023 it was starting to pickup, I was gold and again no upgrades offered. By October 2023 I was Diamond so I got an automatic executive lounge access and for $20 extra a night I got a Jr. suite.
February 2024 I put in for $60 extra per night to get the same Jr. Suite and I did not get it. They also forgot to inform me that I got a 20% discount for food and 10% at the bar during check-in

Honestly I love the location more than anything about this hotel.
Sure I could stay at the Hyatt next door but that hotel is in need of serious updating. The Keio Hotel is also nice but the same problem.
The Park Hyatt is the only other option but that place is too rich for my money. And Marriott/Conrad is all the way across town.
Thanks for the update! I stay at the Hilton Tokyo 2-3 times per year and love it.

Curious...I've never seen buy-up options online for this property. Did you just ask when you arrived?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.