Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:15 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I sympathise with the scene at breakfast. Certain tourist groups do tend to “mob” the restaurants at breakfast, hence why the Executive Lounge here is (or was, at least) such a haven of peace & tranquility.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Kacee - Great view from your suite of the Andaman Sea. I note you are HH D. May I ask, were you offered any upgrade based on your HH status, prior to agreeing to pay 3000 THB for a deluxe suite? Any comments about the executive lounge?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Kacee - Great view from your suite of the Andaman Sea. I note you are HH D. May I ask, were you offered any upgrade based on your HH status, prior to agreeing to pay 3000 THB for a deluxe suite? Any comments about the executive lounge?
I believe the standard Diamond upgrade is to a junior suite in the Lotus wing. I e-mailed about an upgrade to Andaman (b/c I don't like Lotus) and got the standard "upgrades subject to availability" response along with a silly expensive offer for a buy-up to the deluxe suite (all of which are located in Andaman wing). Negotiated that down to 3000 THB. Overall price was still under $200 US per night, so I feel it was a reasonable deal (especially w/2x1 bonus points).

The lounge here is on 12th floor of Lotus wing and has a nice sea view. I never made the evening happy hour. Breakfast options are more limited than the full buffet in the restaurant. I also like the restaurant setting, poolside in a lush tropical setting.

btw, I got really lucky on the weather which is hit or miss this time of year - 2 days of almost full sun, with the only real rain coming just as I was leaving for the airport.

There are other beach areas in Thailand I prefer but HKT is such an easy one-stop via ICN (I took KE for the ICN-HKT segment this time - nice flight) it makes a short trip viable.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:34 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Kacee

If you look carefully, you will see that there are no nightstands. There is literally no surface next to the bed to store a drink, your phone, or anything else. Lame.
I agree — although it appears that you can stretch your arm and reach up above you to store your drink or other small item.

That is still lame, though.
The lounge here is on 12th floor of Lotus wing and has a nice sea view. I never made the evening happy hour. Breakfast options are more limited than the full buffet in the restaurant.
Either the restaurant had an outstanding array of options — I do not know because I never patronized it — or the offerings in the lounge have been downgraded since I was there several years ago...
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Breakfast in the Panorama Lounge includes but is not limited to: waffles, pancakes, two types of sausages, bacon, assorted breads, assorted pastries, assorted fruits, assorted cheeses, assorted juices, and assorted spreads and jams. Additionally, you can order eggs, cooked to your specifications. I did not order the eggs, but I understand they were cooked to perfection, and nicely decorated with a carrot and lettuce sculpture. The presentation was really nice.
...I hope that the latter is not true.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
it appears that you can stretch your arm and reach up above you to store your drink or other small item
That would not be physically possible while lying flat on the bed (unless possibly you are 7 foot+).

Either the restaurant had an outstanding array of options — I do not know because I never patronized it — or the offerings in the lounge have been downgraded since I was there several years ago...
I didn't check it out this time, but did last time, and it was definitely a narrower selection.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Hi all, does anyone know what a HH Gold gets in the property? Complimentary breakfast or lounge access? Any upgrades and how many levels? I am thinking April.

Is this a good property for day trips, like phi phi island, Krabi, etc? How many day trips are worth it here?

Last edited by nk15; Jul 23, 2016 at 4:41 pm
Old Sep 4, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Don't bother

For the sake of your psychological wellbeing and sanity avoid this property like you would avoid a rabid dog. It is genuinely awful.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:32 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by sebastiansw3
For the sake of your psychological wellbeing and sanity avoid this property like you would avoid a rabid dog. It is genuinely awful.
Hi

What made it that bad for you? I had couple stays and were good. Just about to book again! Good to hear your issues
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by gav0106
Hi
What made it that bad for you? I had couple stays and were good. Just about to book again! Good to hear your issues
pay no mind to the troll
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:45 am

pay no mind to the troll
What an unpleasant thing to say! I'm not a troll - just a very disgruntled chap who had a truly awful stay at what is in my opinion no way shape or form a property worth staying at.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by gav0106
Hi

I couldn't relax once at this resort. The endless stream of motor coaches, the seething massed tour groups, the conceited director of operations. The lack of care that is apparent with maintenance and to some degree simple cleanliness. All in all a very unpleasant experience and a long weekend in HKT that seemed VERY long indeed.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:10 am

I couldn't relax once at this resort. The endless stream of motor coaches, the seething massed tour groups, the conceited director of operations. The lack of care that is apparent with maintenance and to some degree simple cleanliness. All in all a very unpleasant experience and a long weekend in HKT that seemed VERY long indeed.
I am a bit surprised that someone who claims to fly paid international F on BA and CX would stay at a mid-tier Hilton resort.

If you want a five star resort, you need to be willing to pay five star prices.

(And the staff at this resort is wonderful, I can't help but wonder what sort of conduct would lead them to be anything but gracious and helpful.)
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:47 am

I am a bit surprised that someone who claims to fly paid international F on BA and CX would stay at a mid-tier Hilton resort.

If you want a five star resort, you need to be willing to pay five star prices.

(And the staff at this resort is wonderful, I can't help but wonder what sort of conduct would lead them to be anything but gracious and helpful.)
Goodness - what a bitter person you must be!

Anyway, I stayed here for a long weekend. In my opinion, which is obviously just as subjective as yours, it's terrible. I paid just short of £300 a night for a deluxe superior suite which whilst not quite Banyan Tree prices still isn't that budget! It was a long weekend away and I wanted to stay at a Hilton property. It was a mistake I won't repeat. I'm sorry you were so mightily offended by my assessment that you felt the need to cast needless aspersions at me but hey ho the Internet is a strange place.

Thanks anyway though you've reminded me why I stopped posting on FT!!
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
I can only imagine that this was "an incident". All of my stays here have been fine, even in many respects above expectations. Admittedly the last time there were tour buses full of mainland Chinese but they kept themselves to themselves and we had a relaxing holiday.

Back in Jan 2017 so if it was as bad as you say I will take a step back and report, but until then I am still looking forward to our trip.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:10 pm

I need an advise: will stay with my wife from next monday for 12 nights in Hilton Phuket Arcadia, booked a King Junior Suite Sea View. I am Hilton Diamond, so asked for a possible upgrade already, they mentioned a 'discounted' Hilton suite.
Should I:
- take the Hilton suite as paid upgrade
- stay with the King Junior Suite Sea View
- should I take the Lotus wing, which obviously can be noisy as I read
- should I take the more remote Andaman wing ?

Thanks for any comment/feedback!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.