Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Beverly Hilton {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2005, 9:39 am

Programs: United 1K
A friend of mine stayed there last summer as was very disappointed. Guess he got a room that wasn't remodeled.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, AA Gold
Beverly Hilton... Comments please

I've read some old threads on this hotel, but they were, well... old.

My mom and dad are visiting the LA area in March and I'd like to put them up at a nice hotel. The Beverly Hilton is right in the middle of everything "touristy", so it seems like a good choice to me.

I would like comments from anyone who has stayed there recently. How are the rooms? Did you receive an upgrade?

All comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks! ^
Old Feb 11, 2005, 5:38 pm

I stayed there for several nights in October. Was easily upgraded (as was my companion) to a cabana room, which means it's in the courtyard around the pool and can open up onto the patio. Bathroom was spacious. I really liked the shower, which was just basically a curtain separating that area from the rest of the bathroom. This would esp. be convenient if your parents are older--no stepping up/down/in/out, etc. I'm not describing it well, but it was cool. Room was spacious enough. The decor was odd--there was a peacock-like headboard and a mulitcolored bedspread that didn't match the feel of the place. Room service was good, and there's a Trader Vic's on the premises that can be fun. One drawback is the sheer size of the place. Getting from a room to the front desk or a restaurant can be a bit of a chore. I would stay there again but I don't feel any special loyalty to it.
Old Jun 11, 2005, 5:46 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Question New reports

Any new reports? I just booked a few new reservations here after hearing all rooms were renovated.
Any special rooms to ask for ?
Thanks in advance
Old Jun 12, 2005, 12:01 am

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Great review!
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:53 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Hilton Beverly Hills

Has anyone stayed here? How doe sit compare to the Four Seasons?
Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Old Jun 20, 2005, 1:04 pm

Four Seasons is much nicer IMHO.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 1:32 pm

Recent stay at Beverly Hilton

I was there last week. The room is nice enough and the HDTV mounted on the wall was a nice touch. Unfortunately my hot water valve broke and the room filled with steam for 45 minutes until a maintanance guy came up (after three calls to the front desk)

Nice hotel, poor service. They did nothing to make up for the inconvenience either. I'll be in LA 10-15 times between now and November and I'll find another place to stay.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 1:35 pm

its a dump...better to stay at the regent or four seasons IMHO
Old Jun 20, 2005, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wait a sec. A year ago it was a terrible dump that I would not wish on anyone. That being said it has been totally renovated and the new rooms are quite good. Is the 4 seasons better, yes, but is it worth three times the price? That's your decision. Personally my fave used to be the Peninsula (across the street) yes it's better too, but again is 3 times the price normally.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 7:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
There have been a lot of postings on this hotel. Do a search for more info, but consider more recent postings since the remodel has vastly improved the rooms in the past 6 months.

It's still the place I tend to stay in LA, and I have the flexibility of nicer options. But why are you considering it?

If HHonors points are of no concern and you just want the nicest room and service possible, then go with 4 seasons. If you want points, a decent hotel, a nostalgic local, decent location, etc. -- then choose the Beverly Hilton.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA lt gold, HH Diamond, marriott pl
Stayed there in April and was pleasantly surprised, expected the worse after all the posts here. Had a bounceback rate (even mid week), got one of the wonderful new rooms, loved the flat screen tv I could watch in the tub. Service was good, rooms were on the smaller side, but lovely,

The conceirge desk was extremely helpful and for the touristy things we wanted to do the location was great
Old Jun 22, 2005, 9:44 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by elbidercni
There have been a lot of postings on this hotel. Do a search for more info, but consider more recent postings since the remodel has vastly improved the rooms in the past 6 months.

It's still the place I tend to stay in LA, and I have the flexibility of nicer options. But why are you considering it?

If HHonors points are of no concern and you just want the nicest room and service possible, then go with 4 seasons. If you want points, a decent hotel, a nostalgic local, decent location, etc. -- then choose the Beverly Hilton.
We were thinking about the 4 Seasons since we just got back the 4S Maui, which was fantastic, but I have heard some bad things about it(Service, etc)

I will be Hilton Diamond by the time we go to Beverly Hills, and thought it might be worth it to book a cheaper room than the 4S and then get upgraded based on status.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 2:23 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, BA Amex, AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold
I was there a couple of weeks ago.

I liked the hotel. I found the staff very friendly. There was an issue with room not being available but I popped down to the fitness suite, had a shower, came back upstairs and there was my key.

The room was lovely. The 43inch plasma put a smile on my face :-D. The beds are also some of the most comfortable I've ever slept in.

I would definitely recommend the beverly hilton.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 5:22 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thumbs up The Beverly Hilton Makes a powerful Comeback

I recently returned and I consider the Beverly Hilton to be one of the top choices in Los Angeles area now.
Astonishing as just a year or two ago I wouldn't even consider it as an acceptable choice
If they keep the rates reasonable I will definately consider leaving a local property where I have a negotiated rate of 150 per nite at a slightly better hotel without some of the great bells and whistles listed below
Either way its great to have another strong choice on my list when in town.
The Hilton remodel by the new owners is better then most of my regular brands I frequent and is on par with some of the International high quality renovations.
This should be the future direction of all full service Hilton properties.

The Standouts of my stay
*Complimentary flat screen computer usage in lobby (though long waits)
*Flat Panel TVs in bed room and bath
*Dimmers in Bathroom
*High Quality Glass showerstalls with good showerheads
(pressure is never good enough for me as the previous poster stated but this was still acceptable by my expectations)
*Improved beds on par with say "Sheratons Sweet Sleeper"
(though not as good as some others I have tried)
*Bose Alarm clock Stereo CD players
*Nice mini bars
*Nice modern thermostats
*Nice looking glass desks and chairs
*Upgrades at check in without asking .
Yes they honored my elite status.
*Outstanding complimentary Gold elite breakfast buffet with old world friendly servers.One can dine outside by the pool or indoors.
Perhaps one of the best complimentary breakfasts ever.Great selections.
High quality produce
A few bucks more and you have the hot items as well.

A world class hotel in a great location comes back to life............... ^
Bravo to all

FYI My only complaints was the tired health club.
I went to a local health club instead.
Rumors has it that a new health club is well on the way with a renovation planned.
Some staff could cetainly be friendlier and make more interaction with the guests.
The product is the star I would like to see the service improve though it was by all means at all times professional and satisfactory.
But the decor and the amenities are the stars here.
:-: :-: :-: :-: out of 5 at present
A solid choice in the area and it was the highlight of my week.
It looks like I see Diamond in my future with Hilton again ^

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 13, 2005 at 5:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.