Hilton London Paddington {GBR}

Old Feb 6, 2015, 3:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Thanks! Just mainly looking for a review. And the HEX thing too.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Just checked in here, it's quite a trek from reception to get to the rooms

Really nicely finished room though, and smells lovely and new
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jeffers
Just checked in here, it's quite a trek from reception to get to the rooms

Really nicely finished room though, and smells lovely and new
Nice to hear.

Would greatly appreciate any further comments/tips/reviews/pictures during and after your stay
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by jdtravels
Nice to hear.

Would greatly appreciate any further comments/tips/reviews/pictures during and after your stay
Didn't take any pictures and was only a pretty quick one night stay, but overall was impressed.

It is slightly out of the way but does feel exclusive compared to the rest of the hotel. As I said, rooms are very nicely finished, little dressing room area too, wifi was good (15mb download).

Didn't have time to use the exec lounge unfortunately.

I'll definitely stay here again as these rooms are very nice compared to the older ones of the rest of the hotel.

Oh, just to add...SUPER quiet. You would honestly think you're in a capsule, I didn't hear any noise from anywhere at any point during my stay.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jeffers
Didn't take any pictures and was only a pretty quick one night stay, but overall was impressed.

It is slightly out of the way but does feel exclusive compared to the rest of the hotel. As I said, rooms are very nicely finished, little dressing room area too, wifi was good (15mb download).

Didn't have time to use the exec lounge unfortunately.

I'll definitely stay here again as these rooms are very nice compared to the older ones of the rest of the hotel.

Oh, just to add...SUPER quiet. You would honestly think you're in a capsule, I didn't hear any noise from anywhere at any point during my stay.
Thanks ^. Any views from the rooms though, or do they all look out directly at other buildings?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:23 am

Thanks ^. Any views from the rooms though, or do they all look out directly at other buildings?
Sorry missed this. The side I was on looked outwards, in the direction of the slope that goes down into Paddington station. A nothing view.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:31 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Can anyone confirm what the opening/service hours are for the GWR Tower Lounge please? Specifically the evening cocktails/canapes? Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:23 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by NoY
Can anyone confirm what the opening/service hours are for the GWR Tower Lounge please? Specifically the evening cocktails/canapes? Thanks.
I note that the lounge is open 6.30am until 11.00pm but no other details are on their web pages it seems.

Can anyone provide further details?

The hotel has not answered my e-mail for 2 days now
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by NoY
I note that the lounge is open 6.30am until 11.00pm but no other details are on their web pages it seems.

Can anyone provide further details?

The hotel has not answered my e-mail for 2 days now
I cannot remember the hours, but if I wanted to know what the current policy is, the best thing to do is ring up the hotel.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:50 am
NoY

Originally Posted by stimpy
I cannot remember the hours, but if I wanted to know what the current policy is, the best thing to do is ring up the hotel.
I could call in. I could phone. I could post on Flyertalk.
I think Ill post on Flyertalk.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I can't remember, 5-7 or 7-8? I remember it was for a decent period. They have spirits and a decent selection of hot and cold food. But it's quite a small lounge. They often restrict access to those in Exec rooms and/or diamonds.

It's a refurbished heritage railway hotel, (Great Eastern, St Pancras etc) but there is little in the way of great views. Paddington is on the edge of the city centre.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dan72
I can't remember, 5-7 or 7-8? I remember it was for a decent period. They have spirits and a decent selection of hot and cold food. But it's quite a small lounge. They often restrict access to those in Exec rooms and/or diamonds.

It's a refurbished heritage railway hotel, (Great Eastern, St Pancras etc) but there is little in the way of great views. Paddington is on the edge of the city centre.
Are you referring to the exec lounge on the ground floor or the new Tower Lounge? Your statement makes no sense if the Tower Lounge as I was under the impression that is for Tower suite guests only.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Just to follow up on my previous questions, I have recently stayed at this hotel and did find it to be a good stay. For those wishing to see a report of the GWR Tower Room, you can find it in the trip report section of the forum as cross-linking I believe is not allowed
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Just to follow up on my previous questions, I have recently stayed at this hotel and did find it to be a good stay. For those wishing to see a report of the GWR Tower Room, you can find it in the trip report section of the forum as cross-linking I believe is not allowed
Here's a link to jdtravels excellent GWR Tower Room report with many pictures:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24622457-post23.html

By "fiddly" controls on the AC that you later mention needed improvement, was the issue that you were never able to get the room cool enough?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:00 am
NoY

Originally Posted by gengar
Here's a link to jdtravels excellent GWR Tower Room report with many pictures:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24622457-post23.html

By "fiddly" controls on the AC that you later mention needed improvement, was the issue that you were never able to get the room cool enough?

This is great stuff, thank you. Many thanks for the link. Good to see positive feedback. When I discover the exact service hours of the GWR lounge I will post in case others find that useful too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.