Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
I'm in the camp of you should get what you paid for. Should there be an event outside of the control of the hotel (weather, power grid outages, riots, etc.) I wouldn't expect anything. I think 10% of the paid rate for the day would be an acceptable compensation in this situation which could be in the form of meals, drinks, points, or room credit.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:36 am

I once had a room, and there was no ink in the pen, how many points can I expect ?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by kctigers
hello all,

i am with the op on this one, how about this, when you check out tell them that you want a refund for the 3 hours that were missed, if they expect us to pay full price, THEN ALL SERVICES SHOULD BE DELIVERED, MINUS AN EMERGENCY..... TELL THEM YOU WANT A DISCOUNT FOR THE TIME NOT HAVING AIR CON... NOW WIFI, IN MY OPINION IS NOT THAT IMPORTANT BUT THE AIR CON AND THE POWER OUTLETS ARE IMPORTANT
Air con and wifi and not important at all.

Close your curtains / blind to cool your room. Don't open a window

Wifi - the op had alternatives.

Life goes on.....

Sure - comment when you have no alternative - but I see alternatives above.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
If the property wanted to show great service they would call over to the Conrad to accommodate you in their lounge, then cover your taxi fare there.
Have you been to Bangkok? A taxi there and back can take you 3 hours!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by tezzer
I once had a room, and there was no ink in the pen, how many points can I expect ?
Did you once run a business where you promised a service, took money for it, and then reneged on your promise?

I have to say, I'm a fair minded person and I'm keeping this in perspective - I'm not going to ask the property for compensation or anything like that. However, I can't understand the mentality of posters who are going out of their way to suggest that a lack of power and AC in a hot country at a higher-end hotel is somehow innocuous! I know it's something to keep in perspective, but at the end of the day it's still a service failing.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by GentleGiant

Is that why you stay in youth hostels? By your logic no one should stay in Hiltons!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Wifi - the op had alternatives.

Life goes on.....

Sure - comment when you have no alternative - but I see alternatives above.
In Bangkok, in a room with no open-able windows, the lack of air con can be problematic in 1 hour. To me this is the aspect that needs to be addressed.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Have you been to Bangkok? A taxi there and back can take you 3 hours!
Yes, I have, and it is true. But that is one option. OP might have other business on Sukhumvit anyhow.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
No one has given us the time that the hotel knew this had to be done and then scheduled the outage. It may have been something that showed the previous day and Engineering had to get the necessary equipment/supplies to do the fix and it was determined that x time would be the best in the time frame. They probably did not know weeks in advance and decide to not let future guests know until the last minute Stuff like this happens at every hotel. Since hotels are never vacant, they have to pick a time and hope everyone understands.
I'm with the ones who suggested you could have gone to Reception and asked if they could arrange for you to work in a lounge in one of the other Hilton family hotels during the outage. Good to hear that you know realize it wasn't the end of the world and you got through it.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
... also many properties may have a relationship with other flags, so other options may have been available. Just because you're staying at a Hilton, a day trip elsewhere nearby could be possible.

Expecting guests to be gone during the day is not unreasonable either. It definitely reduces the exposure.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by templar42
Is that why you stay in youth hostels? By your logic no one should stay in Hiltons!
I've stayed at this hotel, The Hilton Millennial Bangkok, many times. If 3 hours, isn't there a section of the hotel that will use a generator, like the restaurant? Otherwise, go out, hop on the boat, go on the Sky Train to one side, then the other, back on the boat, 3 hours passed, power on, problem solved. Many hotels, now and then, have an issue pop up----the worst is the Level 8 in Hong Kong when stuck in Macau.

Your issue is trivial (IMHO). What work are you doing? Monitoring the Shanghai index collapse?

Really.....go to Starbucks. They have a port. Starbucks cards take Baht.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I'm not the one looking for compensation for something that could have been avoided by going to a local coffee shop.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 5:06 am

I'm not the one looking for compensation for something that could have been avoided by going to a local coffee shop.
I've already stated twice that I'm not looking for compensation. I realise that it's a relatively minor issue.

You just don't seem to get it. I've tried to explain this. The onus is not on me to avoid the issue. The onus is on the hotel to mitigate the issue.

The reason for this is very simple. I paid the hotel for a service. The service involved AC, power, wifi. The hotel suspended this service unilaterally.

Are you trolling, or do you really have a warped view of business such that you view a service failing on the part of a business as a problem that the paying customer is obliged to resolve for themselves? You seem to have an amazingly topsy-turvy view of the concept of trade.

I've tried to explain this simply. Perhaps you could answer a simple question. If I promised you a service, took your money, and then deliberately and unilaterally delivered less of a service than I promised, would you consider this an acceptable way for me to conduct business?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 6:58 am

do you really have a warped view of business such that you view a service failing on the part of a business as a problem that the paying customer is obliged to resolve for themselves? You seem to have an amazingly topsy-turvy view of the concept of trade.
He's probably used to dealing with airlines. Enough exposure to their business policies can do that to a person. What, you think you paid them to fly you somewhere, today? Haha, that's a good one!
Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
The onus is not on me to avoid the issue. The onus is on the hotel to mitigate the issue.
Fine, what did the hotel say after your negotiation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.