Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millennium Hilton Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2023, 8:34 am

Good folks, would really appreciate your guidance.

I'm hesitating between Hilton Millenium and Conrad. A few notes on my preferences:
  • Hilton Diamond
  • First time in Bangkok
  • Sucker for nice views/ over the water
  • No offense but prefer somewhere not swarmed with kids/ families.
  • Staying early January.
  • Good breakfast is a must
Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 8:39 am

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
if nice views over the water are a must, your only option is the Milenium since the Conrad is nowhere near the river. My personal preference is the Conrad for it's lounge, swimming pool and overall good service. Stayed at the milenium once (before it was connected to BTS) but did like Conrad location better which is close to Sukhumvit, while the milenium is a bit further from the action if that matters to you
Eyefly123 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by Eyefly123

I'm hesitating between Hilton Millenium and Conrad. A few notes on my preferences:
  • Hilton Diamond
  • First time in Bangkok
  • Staying early January.
Thanks.
I have stayed several times at both, for a first timer the Millennium would be my choice.
Having the Hilton breakfast (far superior to the Conrad breakfast IMHO) on their restaurant terrace with views over the river is definitely more 'holiday vibe' to me than sitting in the low ceiling, cramped restaurant of the Conrad (even though breakfast in the Conrad lounge is nice I have to admit). The executive lounge terrace of the Hilton (on the 31st floor) is another winner for me, enjoying a glass a wine while enjoying the views and the breeze is just really nice. Food-wise the Conrad lounge is better but who needs lounge food in Bangkok? I also like to be connected to the public river boats by the Hilton shuttle boat. I understand both hotels have their pro's and con's but I am returning again to the Hilton in November. Conrad is very 'business', Hilton has more of a 'holiday vibe' but that is just my opinion.
Eyefly123 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 9:34 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott

• Hilton Diamond
  • First time in Bangkok
  • Staying early January.
Thanks.
They are both nice hotels, I tend to alternate for the pro's and con's of each. But only 1 of the 2 has the river view so your choice is easy
Eyefly123 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 2MM

• Hilton Diamond
  • First time in Bangkok
  • Staying early January.
Thanks.
The Millennium Hilton offers great views and nicer breakfast. Staying by the Chao Phraya River is often a good choice for first time visitors to Bangkok. Just understand food offerings at the executive lounge are limited, and early January will be busy and likely expensive. Also the Hilton pool is rather small. 😊
Eyefly123 likes this.

Last edited by restlessinRNO; Jul 3, 2023 at 11:10 am
Old Jul 3, 2023, 3:59 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond

• Hilton Diamond
  • First time in Bangkok
  • Staying early January.
Thanks.
Both are very good.

I found the breakfast at the millennium had more variety. The Millenium is better situated for visiting the palace, temples, National museum, and royal galley museum and the mall next door has way more to offer than the mall by the Conrad. So for a first time visit it is a better choice if you want to visit these sights. Conrad has better lounge offerings and shorter travel time to BKK by BTS/train (traffic in the city is terrible). If you have a long stay you could split your time between the hotels.
Eyefly123 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat

• Hilton Diamond
  • First time in Bangkok
  • Staying early January.
Thanks.
The other people have more or less given you what you need to make your decision, so I am just adding a few minor clarifications as I just left Bangkok last week (it was my 4th visit), and based on your criteria above, it's going to be the Millenium Hilton which is far less luxurious than the Conrad.
1. I stayed at the Millenium for my first 3 trips to Bangkok, and at the Park Hyatt this time - the Park Hyatt is in the same neighborhood as the Conrad in downtown Bangkok
2. The Millenium has an amazing view of the Chao Phraya river and for the first timer to Bangkok, that experience cannot be beat! The view can be had from your room or from the Executive Lounge where you can sit outside and watch the world go by from high atop Bangkok
3. The Millenium is literally next door (5 minutes' walk) to the world famous ICONSIAM mall (arguably one of the greatest malls in the world!) and they managed to recreate a Bangkok floating market vibe inside the mall, so you can kinda kill 2 birds in one stone, LOL
4. From the Millenium, you can take the free hotel's water taxi to the Saphan Taksin BTS station to easily take the BTS (their excellent overhead metro) to downtown Bangkok - the fare is very inexpensive, as is Grab (their version of Uber) to go anywhere around the city
5. Depending on when in January, there should not be kids running around unless it's the school holidays season
6. The breakfast at the Millenium is fine but not much to write home about. But there are so many amazing and inexpensive restaurants at ICONSIAM as well as in downtown Bangkok at places like Paragon and Central World that you should not just eat at the lounge

NOTE: as a Diamond, I was NOT upgraded to a suite in any of my 3 stays at the Millenium Hilton.

We enjoyed our time in downtown Bangkok this time around, as a change of pace to the Millenium Hilton, and we also wanted to step up to a higher level of luxury at the Park Hyatt Bangkok which is arguably the best hotel that I have stayed at in the world!
kevino, Cynicor and Eyefly123 like this.

Last edited by sapguy; Jul 3, 2023 at 5:26 pm
Old Jul 3, 2023, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Delectatio
I have stayed several times at both, for a first timer the Millennium would be my choice.
Having the Hilton breakfast (far superior to the Conrad breakfast IMHO) on their restaurant terrace with views over the river is definitely more 'holiday vibe' to me than sitting in the low ceiling, cramped restaurant of the Conrad (even though breakfast in the Conrad lounge is nice I have to admit). The executive lounge terrace of the Hilton (on the 31st floor) is another winner for me, enjoying a glass a wine while enjoying the views and the breeze is just really nice. Food-wise the Conrad lounge is better but who needs lounge food in Bangkok? I also like to be connected to the public river boats by the Hilton shuttle boat. I understand both hotels have their pro's and con's but I am returning again to the Hilton in November. Conrad is very 'business', Hilton has more of a 'holiday vibe' but that is just my opinion.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah lounge food is nice, but not a dealbreaker for me. A drink with a view sounds like a dream.

Originally Posted by sbams
They are both nice hotels, I tend to alternate for the pro's and con's of each. But only 1 of the 2 has the river view so your choice is easy
I would usually straight up choose Conrad as I have always had excellent stays at various locations. But the river view is causing the dilemma in the first place 😉 but good to know both choices are good options

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
The Millennium Hilton offers great views and nicer breakfast. Staying by the Chao Phraya River is often a good choice for first time visitors to Bangkok. Just understand food offerings at the executive lounge are limited, and early January will be busy and likely expensive. Also the Hilton pool is rather small. 😊
Thanks. Confirms again what other have said about the view and executive lounge. Noted about the pool. I might be a weirdo, but never swim at city hotels. Will wait for Koh Samui for that 😉

Originally Posted by tobegold
Both are very good.

I found the breakfast at the millennium had more variety. The Millenium is better situated for visiting the palace, temples, National museum, and royal galley museum and the mall next door has way more to offer than the mall by the Conrad. So for a first time visit it is a better choice if you want to visit these sights. Conrad has better lounge offerings and shorter travel time to BKK by BTS/train (traffic in the city is terrible). If you have a long stay you could split your time between the hotels.
Thanks for the info. Yes first time visit, so the sights are a priority. My stay is rather short, so will only get to visit one hotel. Oh well ! Means I have to come back to visit the other choice.

Originally Posted by sapguy
The other people have more or less given you what you need to make your decision, so I am just adding a few minor clarifications as I just left Bangkok last week (it was my 4th visit), and based on your criteria above, it's going to be the Millenium Hilton which is far less luxurious than the Conrad.
1. I stayed at the Millenium for my first 3 trips to Bangkok, and at the Park Hyatt this time - the Park Hyatt is in the same neighborhood as the Conrad in downtown Bangkok
2. The Millenium has an amazing view of the Chao Phraya river and for the first timer to Bangkok, that experience cannot be beat! The view can be had from your room or from the Executive Lounge where you can sit outside and watch the world go by from high atop Bangkok
3. The Millenium is literally next door (5 minutes' walk) to the world famous ICONSIAM mall (arguably one of the greatest malls in the world!) and they managed to recreate a Bangkok floating market vibe inside the mall, so you can kinda kill 2 birds in one stone, LOL
4. From the Millenium, you can take the free hotel's water taxi to the Saphan Taksin BTS station to easily take the BTS (their excellent overhead metro) to downtown Bangkok - the fare is very inexpensive, as is Grab (their version of Uber) to go anywhere around the city
5. Depending on when in January, there should not be kids running around unless it's the school holidays season
6. The breakfast at the Millenium is fine but not much to write home about. But there are so many amazing and inexpensive restaurants at ICONSIAM as well as in downtown Bangkok at places like Paragon and Central World that you should not just eat at the lounge

NOTE: as a Diamond, I was NOT upgraded to a suite in any of my 3 stays at the Millenium Hilton.

We enjoyed our time in downtown Bangkok this time around, as a change of pace to the Millenium Hilton, and we also wanted to step up to a higher level of luxury at the Park Hyatt Bangkok which is arguably the best hotel that I have stayed at in the world!
sapguy thank your for your advice and you really sold it to me.

Ultimately 2 and 4 count most important for me. I will set me expectations at a reasonable level in terms of luxury as I will get this elsewhere when I will visit the islands.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 11:40 pm

Thanks to all for the prompt and detailed feedback. Much appreciated.

Based on your experiences, my choice is Millenium because of the views and proximity to sights.

Will make sure to write a post on my stay.

Hope this helps others folks on their choice of Hilton hotel in Bangkok.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Thanks to all for the prompt and detailed feedback. Much appreciated.

Based on your experiences, my choice is Millenium because of the views and proximity to sights.

Will make sure to write a post on my stay.

Hope this helps others folks on their choice of Hilton hotel in Bangkok.
Set your expectations properly to avoid disappointment! The Millenium is a decent business & convention hotel with a GREAT view, but it is far far away from being a luxury hotel!

Hilton has a lot to catch up with its competitors Hyatt and Marriott, not to mention IHG, which offer amazing luxury properties in Bangkok! The level of service and the quality of the food and the spa at the Park Hyatt Bangkok is simply amazing!
Eyefly123 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 2:51 am

I am having another stay here in November and I have a question about the Panoramic Executive Suites.
I have stayed in them twice before and I think I can remember that they had a second toilet in the living room/hallway (opposed to the family suites, I think they didn't have a 2nd toilet? We had one of these too once).
Is this correct? I can't remember too well because we didn't need the second toilet (we were just two of us).
This time there will be 3 of us in the suite though (3rd guest on a rollaway bed in the living room) so it would be nice if he has his own toilet, especially during the night...
Old Aug 2, 2023, 3:26 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
I am having another stay here in November and I have a question about the Panoramic Executive Suites.
I have stayed in them twice before and I think I can remember that they had a second toilet in the living room/hallway (opposed to the family suites, I think they didn't have a 2nd toilet? We had one of these too once).
Is this correct? I can't remember too well because we didn't need the second toilet (we were just two of us).
This time there will be 3 of us in the suite though (3rd guest on a rollaway bed in the living room) so it would be nice if he has his own toilet, especially during the night...
You are exactly correct. The Panoramic Suites (at the river side) have an extra toilet. The Family Suite (at the other end of the building) do not. Enjoy your stay. I will be there again in 3 weeks
Old Aug 2, 2023, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by sbams
You are exactly correct. The Panoramic Suites (at the river side) have an extra toilet. The Family Suite (at the other end of the building) do not. Enjoy your stay. I will be there again in 3 weeks
Thanks for the reply; Exactly what I wanted to hear :-)
Enjoy your stay too, I really love this hotel!
Old Aug 29, 2023, 3:18 am

What time is happy hour in the executive lounge these days?
I think it was 6-8pm before but some people say it is now 5-7pm?
Old Aug 29, 2023, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
What time is happy hour in the executive lounge these days?
I think it was 6-8pm before but some people say it is now 5-7pm?
Happy Hour is 5-7 pm. See post #643. 😊
Delectatio likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.